Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's fine. It's just my mother in law that has them. But my issue is I leave really early for work (6:30) as does my husband so she usually comes to mine to take my youngest to school. She then drops him off later. She won't be able to do that will she? I leave as she arrives.
I would think that's fine. A friend of mine has her mum do nursery pick up once a week as she looks after her son that afternoon.

I would think that's fine. A friend of mine has her mum do nursery pick up once a week as she looks after her son that afternoon.
It's just so exhausting working it all out. I want to make sure I'm not putting my mil at risk or break the rules.

I've had to come off my local Facebook page as the amount of pricks in there saying they are gojng to flout the rules as its just a bad cold is triggering me ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜†

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I nev
Our postmen are the same we've had no post since Friday half the sorting office has it they've said it could be the weekend before they can deliver again
I never thought of postmen shortages. Think I'd better post my Xmas cards off in November. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Hey ho. Next ...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I nev

I never thought of postmen shortages. Think I'd better post my Xmas cards off in November. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Hey ho. Next ...
I'm using the covid as an excuse to never post a Christmas card again, when covid isnโ€™t an acceptable excuse il be saving the trees,
The price of a stamp is daylight robbery these days ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Exactly this. Makes no sense whatsoever, but enables us to work x
I know. But I'm glad I dont have to speak to my manager about the fact I can only work weekends. And I'm glad I don't have to work all the weekends and not see my children and husband. That would have really pushed me over the edge today. I'm already struggling.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I'm using the covid as an excuse to never post a Christmas card again, when covid isnโ€™t an acceptable excuse il be saving the trees,
Baa humbug

I love Xmas cards, and haven't a clue how Clinton's manage to stay in business with Card Factory popping up everywhere.

Note to self. Don't expect card from Oohthedrama.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I haven't sent a card in years. I don't do that whole "not sending a card but giving to charity" announcement, I just tell people not to send me one. I hate them ๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 7
I haven't sent a card in years. I don't do that whole "not sending a card but giving to charity" announcement, I just tell people not to send me one. I hate them ๐Ÿ˜‚
Last year I bought the cards but didn't get around to writing or sending them. I felt guilty yet so free as I typed my ludicrous "I haven't done cards this year but here's a photo of my shite homemade mince pies to wish you all a cheery time" message on facebook. This year I'm not even buying them. There will be no facebook message either ๐Ÿ˜†

• Haha
Indeed. I remember when the infections starting growing again here but the deaths remained lower - maybe around 10 to 30.

Now, in what seems no time at all we are nearer 400 than 300 and yet people still choose to deny it ๐Ÿ˜•
It feels like a long time ago but I vaguely remember back in March/April once the deaths reached approx 300 x day the daily rise was pretty brisk after that. Exponential growth and all that jazz.

It's just so exhausting working it all out. I want to make sure I'm not putting my mil at risk or break the rules.

I've had to come off my local Facebook page as the amount of pricks in there saying they are gojng to flout the rules as its just a bad cold is triggering me ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜†
Facebook does seem to to be a total idiot magnet. LBC posts and posts from local postcode groups make me want to scream into a pillow

• Sad
Baa humbug

I love Xmas cards, and haven't a clue how Clinton's manage to stay in business with Card Factory popping up everywhere.

Note to self. Don't expect card from Oohthedrama.
Back when baby ooh used to get the Argos catalogue from Santa (the early 90โ€™s were the best) the family were big into the Christmas cards ๐Ÿ˜‚ every fucker you ever met got a bloody card.
The year I took over doing them for my mum/granny I wrote 72. SEVENTY TWO.
Had every intention of posting them, forgot to buy stamps, never sent them and instead hid them in the coal shed.
at one point we found out weโ€™d been sending a card to a dead woman for 9 years, when her brother (who nobody knew) sent a card back saying she was dead, you know what my granny did, obviously started sending him a card from there on in ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

Iโ€™ve derailed ๐Ÿ˜•

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My brother has just finished his law degree and was working weekends in a bar. The bar work has stopped now we are in tier 3 so hes got himself a job at our local testing site! I freaked out at first but hes outside, with ppe on, basically either directing cars or grabbing the tests through the gap in car window with a grabber etc
I probably feel better about him doing this than working in the bar tbh. Still a bit ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ though. ยฃ10 an hour though so good money for him in the run up to Christmas n there always gonna be work available as cant see the testing sites shutting anytime soon!
He will be fine, as long as he is sensible and sticks to the rules. I have been working as an assisted tester (we perform the swabbing through open car windows) for 6 months and none of my colleagues or myself have contracted the virus, despite being in contact with increasing numbers of people who have tested positive for the virus. I honestly feel more at risk shopping in the supermarket or going for a meal in a pub!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Not sending Christmas cards this year is one of the positives I'm taking from this tit year!!! Annoying clutter! I love Christmas but cards are annoying. I feel the same about birthday ones too, they suck.

Reactions: 4
Nope not sending cards and any received will be going into isolation, giving me the heebies thinking of all those licked envelopes!๐Ÿ˜ณ

• Sick
Back when baby ooh used to get the Argos catalogue from Santa (the early 90โ€™s were the best) the family were big into the Christmas cards ๐Ÿ˜‚ every fucker you ever met got a bloody card.
The year I took over doing them for my mum/granny I wrote 72. SEVENTY TWO.
Had every intention of posting them, forgot to buy stamps, never sent them and instead hid them in the coal shed.
at one point we found out weโ€™d been sending a card to a dead woman for 9 years, when her brother (who nobody knew) sent a card back saying she was dead, you know what my granny did, obviously started sending him a card from there on in ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

Iโ€™ve derailed ๐Ÿ˜•
Love it. My gran was the same (Scottish though, not Irish). They had walls covered in the fuckers. I think that's where I get my hatred of them from

• Haha
Question on American restrictions, sorry I donโ€™t know much about it over there but are there no restrictions on household mixing or parties?

I ask because Iโ€™m watching KUWTK and they are planning a party for Kimโ€™s 40th and all sat around the table together really close. I know itโ€™s technically work but still?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.