Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mums first job was at Woolworths in the 1970’s and it was on the fish counter. They had a whole floor selling food. Cheese, meat, veg, fruit etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
**Irish tattle who never knew the joys of Woolworths remembers when the Argos catalogue from the uk was a Christmas gift in itself**

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Gas Board just cancelled tomorrow's appointment to service boiler. Next available date is week before Xmas 🙄

Sounds like their engineers are dropping like flies with this virus, or having to isolate after being in contact with someone who tested positive.

It's out of control now Boris. Please do something 😳

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Aye when you have a semi military state then achieving compliance is easy! I remember some awful stories about children dying in their homes as their parents were uplifted to self isolate and never came home from the shops. Bloody awful.
Exactly. Not to mention, media in china is heavily filtered by the government. We can't actually be sure if the situation there is okay

Reactions: 8
Has anyone seen frances deaths for today? Over 500. Really scary how fast the numbers grow.

• Wow
  • Sad
Exactly. Not to mention, media in china is heavily filtered by the government. We can't actually be sure if the situation there is okay
We have a number of friends from China and they speak to their family back there... they do not believe the numbers released by China at all.

Reactions: 9
We have a number of friends from China and they speak to their family back there... they do not believe the numbers released by China at all.
It wouldn't surprise me, especially when you consider that they hid the outbreak for almost 3 months from the rest of the world

Reactions: 7
Has anyone seen frances deaths for today? Over 500. Really scary how fast the numbers grow.
Indeed. I remember when the infections starting growing again here but the deaths remained lower - maybe around 10 to 30.

Now, in what seems no time at all we are nearer 400 than 300 and yet people still choose to deny it 😕

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Gas Board just cancelled tomorrow's appointment to service boiler. Next available date is week before Xmas 🙄

Sounds like their engineers are dropping like flies with this virus, or having to isolate after being in contact with someone who tested positive.

It's out of control now Boris. Please do something 😳
Our postmen are the same we've had no post since Friday half the sorting office has it they've said it could be the weekend before they can deliver again

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Every day I check this BBC website for new case numbers. If you scroll down almost to the bottom you'll see a moving graph taking us through the year. Today the UK have become tenth country with most number of cases in the world.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51235105

Hope the link works as it's the first time I've tried to include one on here.

Reactions: 6
My area is moving to tier 2 Saturday. It's not a surprise, our cases have been flying up. But I'm really stressing about childcare, I can't work if I don't have childcare. Can anyone who is in the high tier tell me how it works with childcare. I've tried reading it and it's making my head spin.

Reactions: 1
My brother has just finished his law degree and was working weekends in a bar. The bar work has stopped now we are in tier 3 so hes got himself a job at our local testing site! I freaked out at first but hes outside, with ppe on, basically either directing cars or grabbing the tests through the gap in car window with a grabber etc
I probably feel better about him doing this than working in the bar tbh. Still a bit 😫😫 though. £10 an hour though so good money for him in the run up to Christmas n there always gonna be work available as cant see the testing sites shutting anytime soon!

Reactions: 12
My area is moving to tier 2 Saturday. It's not a surprise, our cases have been flying up. But I'm really stressing about childcare, I can't work if I don't have childcare. Can anyone who is in the high tier tell me how it works with childcare. I've tried reading it and it's making my head spin.
Hi, my area is in tier 2. We are still able to use informal childcare arrangements, so family members who form part of your 'childcare bubble'. It's meant to only be one family who do your childcare though, not several family members swapping between days.

My understanding is that formal or informal childcare can continue. I'm in tier 2 and I have friends who use their parents for childcare a few days a week and that's all fine.

Myself and my husband have been contract traced via the app. Now in isolation for 14 days.

My husbands work place has got scary case numbers amongst the staff, and my middle child is in isolation as well due to confirmed case within her school year bubble 😢😢

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Hi, my area is in tier 2. We are still able to use informal childcare arrangements, so family members who form part of your 'childcare bubble'. It's meant to only be one family who do your childcare though, not several family members swapping between days.
That's fine. It's just my mother in law that has them. But my issue is I leave really early for work (6:30) as does my husband so she usually comes to mine to take my youngest to school. She then drops him off later. She won't be able to do that will she? I leave as she arrives.

How did you find out? Hope you can get childcare sorted.

That's fine. It's just my mother in law that has them. But my issue is I leave really early for work (6:30) as does my husband so she usually comes to mine to take my youngest to school. She then drops him off later. She won't be able to do that will she? I leave as she arrives.
Yes she can. A childcare bubble works in the same way as a single parent bubble. They can come into your house and you can go into theirs.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.