Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quick question. Someone I work with was on a night out with a group of friends. One then tested positive 2 days later. There was zero social distancing going on between them all 🙄

She rang work to say she was self isolating but then has come back into work after getting a negative test result. Not sure if she actually developed any symptoms to need a test or lied to get one. But am I right in thinking she should still isolate for the 2 weeks even tho a test was negative?

Reactions: 2
Quick question. Someone I work with was on a night out with a group of friends. One then tested positive 2 days later. There was zero social distancing going on between them all 🙄

She rang work to say she was self isolating but then has come back into work after getting a negative test result. Not sure if she actually developed any symptoms to need a test or lied to get one. But am I right in thinking she should still isolate for the 2 weeks even tho a test was negative?
Yes. A negative test is meaningless as the virus has an incubation period of 2 weeks. It baffles me that employers don't understand this. They are not providing a safe environment for working in.

Totally missing the point of the article but 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yes. A negative test is meaningless as the virus has an incubation period of 2 weeks. It baffles me that employers don't understand this. They are not providing a safe environment for working in.
Thank you. I thought this was the case. This has happened with 2 colleagues in the past week 😤

I work in retail and I’m in my third trimester so it’s pissing me off that they’re not following the guidelines.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Thank you. I thought this was the case. This has happened with 2 colleagues in the past week 😤

I work in retail and I’m in my third trimester so it’s pissing me off that they’re not following the guidelines.
Can you speak to HR?

Reactions: 2

Totally missing the point of the article but 😍
He looks like he’s stabbing himself in the hand 😅..Have you moved on from Raaab or being greedy 😋

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Can you speak to HR?
Our hr is all done over the phone so possibly. I don’t want the managers to think I’m being arsey but I also know that they’re not following the rules over and over again with isolating. My maternity leave starts in 4 weeks and it cannot come soon enough.

Reactions: 4
Our hr is all done over the phone so possibly. I don’t want the managers to think I’m being arsey but I also know that they’re not following the rules over and over again with isolating. My maternity leave starts in 4 weeks and it cannot come soon enough.
You should have had a risk assessment. You are classed as vulnerable from 28 weeks onward, you are not being arsey you are protecting yourself. Rcog have some good guidance, keep scrolling for work advice

Reactions: 5
You should have had a risk assessment. You are classed as vulnerable from 28 weeks onward, you are not being arsey you are protecting yourself. Rcog have some good guidance, keep scrolling for work advice

I last had a risk assessment at 20 weeks. I’m on checkouts but it’s so tight down there with the screens I can’t avoid being near people when i’m trying to do self scan. And the amount of customer that take their masks off when they’re paying winds me up.

I keep thinking I’ll get a sick note for something to get me out of there sooner and then I don’t.

Reactions: 4
Wtf is going on in Europe? We knew there would be a second wave because it happens in every pandemic. The Spanish Flu second wave was worse than the first. People in Europe (France especially) went on holiday and partied in the summer. All my friends in France were traveling and posting holiday photos on Instagram. What did they expect!?

I'm in Australia and haven't socialized since March. And we have zero cases where I am now.

I don't get it. Do they think it's a conspiracy? Or have they just given up?

Reactions: 10
I last had a risk assessment at 20 weeks. I’m on checkouts but it’s so tight down there with the screens I can’t avoid being near people when i’m trying to do self scan. And the amount of customer that take their masks off when they’re paying winds me up.

I keep thinking I’ll get a sick note for something to get me out of there sooner and then I don’t.
If it makes you feel safer do it x

I think @Platypusfattypus has a thing for men in power 😜
Hahaha I'm starting to get a type on here 😂 not Boris though or Cummings 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Hahaha I'm starting to get a type on here 😂 not Boris though or Cummings 🤢
I don’t blame you for that. Everyone has a line they wouldn’t cross 😝 and quite honestly, could you imagine either Boris or Cummings slipping between your sheets 🥴

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.