Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The deaths are awful! Although I guess that is the weekend backlog too. With new positive infections, it’s gone up on last week but not as much as it has in previous weeks.

Is there any news on testing issues? If not I’d say the slight increase actually might be a tiny bit of good news- infection rate may be decreasing? I hope... 😕
Unfortunately it is much more than jsut down to a weekend backlog, last Tuesday deaths were 241 so it is a huge jump.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Conspiracy theory territory but China have done GOOD from this pandemic,
Economy and all. 😐

• Wow
Reactions: 10
They have an health passport app that tracks their location, as well as if they come into contact with someone with covid. They also need a negative result, anywhere you enter in public, you have to scan it I think. Many western people wouldn't want that, they cry over the regular tracking app. When people enter the country they have a tracker put on them and they aren't allowed to leave the quarantine location for 2 weeks and must have a negative result - at least that's how it was a few months ago as someone I know went. They are also more respectful (scared) of their government so will follow protocol. Masks also aren't a big deal there as they are the norm.
I would do all this if it meant we got it under control and could see our families and other normal stuff like going into the office. People will complain about restrictions but they also complain about the app ‘tracking’ them and having their info etc.

I know people worry about privacy but my life really isn’t very interesting plus as others have said, if you have a smart phone then google knows everything about you anyway.

Reactions: 6
Basically cause Covid patients were shipped off to hospitals against their will or literally sealed into their houses! They are required to isolate until a test result in a specific hotel so they can't potentially spread it to everyone before isolating (for example, here you land at an airport and then go home. They're not allowed to do that) Masks were normal anyway, they have an actual track and trace system, temperature checks are everywhere - it's not just some businesses who want to, it's when you get on the bus, go into work, go into the shop, go to the public loo, get back on the bus, literally everywhere you enter.
Aye when you have a semi military state then achieving compliance is easy! I remember some awful stories about children dying in their homes as their parents were uplifted to self isolate and never came home from the shops. Bloody awful.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Conspiracy theory territory but China have done GOOD from this pandemic,
Economy and all. 😐
I was thinking this. But I think in their society, its do or die. Its such a conformist state and the only reason theyve got a handle on this situation is because they override basic human rights and will lock people up in buildings if theres an outbreak as well as seemingly being on the ball with test and trace but again this can be contributing to the fact that everyone with a phone in China is being watched anyway (Not a conspiracy, my dad worked in China for a few years and learnt the hard way 🤣).

With regards to the economy, we rely so heavily on them for most aspects of our day to day lives that I think it would've been very hard to impact their economy.

I was thinking this. But I think in their society, its do or die. Its such a conformist state and the only reason theyve got a handle on this situation is because they override basic human rights and will lock people up in buildings if theres an outbreak as well as seemingly being on the ball with test and trace but again this can be contributing to the fact that everyone with a phone in China is being watched anyway (Not a conspiracy, my dad worked in China for a few years and learnt the hard way 🤣).

With regards to the economy, we rely so heavily on them for most aspects of our day to day lives that I think it would've been very hard to impact their economy.
I mean, in the beginning they were literally baracading people into their homes so they couldn't get outside. They have a lot of questionable power there.

Reactions: 6
similar could have been said about the USA pre covid.
to think China made BILLIONS supplying PPE to other countries is a kick in the teeth really.

similar could have been said about the USA pre covid.
to think China made BILLIONS supplying PPE to other countries is a kick in the teeth really.
Yeah I agree, I've had some resentment about this too. I do wonder what will come out of this if this ever blows over and if China will be held accountable for what was happening in those labs and all those missing scientists who were whistleblowers.

I've just had the 'notification' someone you were exposed too blah blah no need to do anything etc etc

Now.... I mean yeah i understand that. I don't go many places so I'm guessing it's somebody at the school or someone in the shop when i done my food shop yesterday. However a few days ago as i was leaving the school grounds a lovely older woman COUGHED IN MY FACE. So if it was her........

Urgh I'm so sick of living like this. If only time could pass as quickly as these threads 🤣🤣
Sorry if this has already been said, I haven't read the whole thread yet. I kept getting these notifications while still in a 'high' risk area and it was doing my head in. Turns out it is a "glich' in the system (England only) that is currently being sorted. In the meantime you can ignore the notifications and if you were ever in contact with someone with Covid you'd be contacted by track and trace, not via the app.

I said this about China a while ago, whilst wearing a tin foil hat. But they really are a giant awakening. They control everything we depend upon, meddle in our social cohesion using social media... the West has been easy to weaken and pick off because theyve manipulated our behaviours tbh.

Reactions: 8
Yeah I agree, I've had some resentment about this too. I do wonder what will come out of this if this ever blows over and if China will be held accountable for what was happening in those labs and all those missing scientists who were whistleblowers.
I think (as much as I hate to admit it) trump had a point.
the WHO helped to keep a lid on this, ireland (I can only speak for here) gave 9.5m to them this year, that sticks in my throat as well 🤷‍♀️
what exactly are we funding and will China get away with this all whilst every other country crumbles, and I hate typing that because it does seem a bit like I’m directing hate their way 😐 8 months on, i kinda am I suppose

Reactions: 3
I would rather lick every patient on a covid ward than accept any type of vaccination that comes out of China 😐
I don't think they had much choice I remember reading they were chaining people to gates and just administering it

• Wow
Ryan Air have just cancelled my December flights to Malta. We weren’t sure about going anyway so it has kind of made our decision easy. Takes my total holidays cancelled by Rona up to 4 😩

• Sad
Woolworths still exist in Australia and are brilliant shops. Seen a couple in Germany but more pound shop.
Woolworths in oz are totally different though it is more like our tesco's. woolworthsin uk was just pick n mix, music etci

Reactions: 4
Woolworths in oz are totally different though it is more like our tesco's. woolworthsin uk was just pick n mix, music etci
I’m sure woolies used to have such gems as wicker laundry baskets and whirligigs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.