Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if they've cordoned off the alcohol aisle in Wales?
Would be interested to know if they deem alcohol more essential than literature and knickers
I highly doubt it alcohol is a staple in the diet of a welsh person šŸ¤£

Reactions: 1
No I totally agree itā€™s all ridiculous! Their reasoning is they donā€™t want to benefit large supermarkets while smaller retailers are closed, so they think by stopping people buying clothing/electronics at supermarkets they are somehow stopping this. All they are doing is forcing people to line Amazonā€™s pockets!
And I bet that all the stuff that is cordoned off you can buy from the same supermarket online.

Iā€™m baffled by the whole thing. If youā€™re in the supermarket anyway what difference does it make if you pick up a jumper or a book?

Reactions: 8
It is completely ridiculous, and I canā€™t help but think that the supermarkets are taking this way too literally. Someone on Facebook pointed out that what happened if your fridge breaks down? Or your microwave or your toaster? What happens if your childā€˜s bubble is closed in school and they need to learn at home and you havent got any stationary?

Total lack of common sense. Alcohol is essential but books arenā€™t? So you can get completely sloshed but not read a book? bleeping moronic.
The whole non essential items thing is bullshit but as a photoshop pro that mop one looks completely photoshopped. The tape looks like a layer stuck over the top and doesnā€™t look like it would connect to any of the shelves, the mops are in clear view and completely accessible.
The amount of people who create tit like this to stir up drama is insane. Remember all the stories during first lockdown that people would repost from Facebook that were clearly bollox? šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 6
The whole non essential items thing is bullshit but as a photoshop pro that mop one looks completely photoshopped. The tape looks like a layer stuck over the top and doesnā€™t look like it would connect to any of the shelves, the mops are in clear view and completely accessible.
The amount of people who create tit like this to stir up drama is insane. Remember all the stories during first lockdown that people would repost from Facebook that were clearly bollox? šŸ˜‚
I think the mop one is real. Stupid, but real.

Reactions: 4
Thing is where do you draw the line? If the ā€˜lawā€™ is food and drink only, what about soap, sanitary products and cleaning items? Not food or drink but equally as essential. I do not feel it is up to the government to dictate what they deem as essential, if they are that bothered they should issue standard food parcels so no shops are open.

Sadly I wouldnā€™t be suprised if it was real. Just from what I saw in my local Tescoā€™s yesterday, and this was before 6 so they were still in the process of covering everything up.

Reactions: 2
The mop photo is real. I live in Wales. Someone im friend with on Facebook went to Morrisonā€™s last night and the clothes are all taped off.

• Wow
The thing is, yes, sometimes some parents do spend all their money or drugs, fags etc. But thats never the childā€™s fault. Should the child starve because of their parents duck ups? Of course they shouldnā€™t. This attitude just shows a lack of understanding of social deprivation.

Reactions: 14
If youā€™d have asked me 10 years ago what 2020 would be like Iā€™d have said flying cars and better renewable energy. Not arguing over whether kids deserve to be fed and supermarkets blocking off books and mops in a pandemic

Reactions: 27
If youā€™d have asked me 10 years ago what 2020 would be like Iā€™d have said flying cars and better renewable energy. Not arguing over whether kids deserve to be fed and supermarkets blocking off books and mops in a pandemic
I don't understand the logic of banning you from the electricals aisle... Once you are instore you are there regardless, browsing the kettle aisle isn't got to make you any more ill than being there to pick up carrots. It just seems like it will make people panic and flock to buy more stuff online which will mean more deliveries.

Reactions: 5
Oh duck off!! How out of touch are they that they think a drug dealer wants tins of beans and tins of peach slices in exchange for drugs?!
And that is a justifiable reason to vote against this proposal?
This is laughable, though Iā€™m not sure if I want to laugh or cry reading it. Not sure how someone can be so out of touch.

I don't understand the logic of banning you from the electricals aisle... Once you are instore you are there regardless, browsing the kettle aisle isn't got to make you any more ill than being there to pick up carrots. It just seems like it will make people panic and flock to buy more stuff online which will mean more deliveries.
The only ā€œlogicalā€ explanation I can think of is to try and reduce time in store in terms of browsing and to reduce the chances of contact in the sense of people picking things up and putting them back. But then thereā€™s still the chances of people picking up packets of food etc that they wonā€™t be buying so no real logic.

Do we think this will happen in England soon as well? Iā€™m now looking at my kettle with a suspicious eye, wondering how long it will last o_O

My local supermarket (middle of England) has announced only 1 adult per household now, not sure if they will uphold it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Do we think this will happen in England soon as well? Iā€™m now looking at my kettle with a suspicious eye, wondering how long it will last o_O

My local supermarket (middle of England) has announced only 1 adult per household now, not sure if they will uphold it.
I doubt it, in my opinion, our first minister is pissed off with boris and wants to one up him and maybe show that he does have powers.

I think the 1 adult per household is fair enough but it wasnā€™t really enforced here first time around

It's bleeping ridiculous. Where is their common sense? Honestly, this sort of tit is what makes people rebel and push back, the opposite of what they're hoping to achieve.
Absolutely, you and many other posters have got it in one. How anyone is expected to wash their floors without a mop beggars belief. And I agree that its stupid to prevent people buying bedding and clothes. Perhaps we're supposed to live like those in Annie and get down on our hands and knees with a scrubbing brush to clean floors, while wearing old tatty clothes, then go to bed on, rather than in, a bed - but without a hot drink if your kettles broken. This has just not been thought through.

I think the 1 adult per household rule is fine but like practically everything during all this there are certain circumstances where itā€™s not always possible to leave your children home if youā€™re a single parent for example so hopefully common sense will be applied in shops that have this rule.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.