Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Urgggh, they need shooting don‘t they? I will block anyone I see spouting that rubbish on social media.
I really think this should be made an offence tbh, they are just making everything worse for all of us... slightly OT but has anyone seen The Barrier on netflix? is a Spanish show which is basically like an apocalyptic corona scenario... good but I also don't know why I am watching it :LOL:

Reactions: 1
Looking at the figures, it seems that there have been more hospital admissions today then the day before the national lockdown in March. This is getting ridiculous. Apologists cannot keep up with the line of "The case numbers are higher because we are testing more people!"

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
But who would you have closed the borders too? New Zealand went full throttle, even people with the right to work and live in NZ (not citizens) couldn't return.
Everyone, anyone who wanted/needed to come back to isolate somewhere with a negative before being officially allowed in.

Reactions: 5
From the vaccine article @monga posted, I liked this paragraph. It made me feel hopeful, vaccine task force lady when asked when we could get back to normal said not straight away but...

View attachment 278489

reading stuff like this gives me so much hope that this will be over sooner than we think xx
2022?! :cry: So we have another whole year or this crap.... great! I just want to get on with my life. I am still really hopeful that after the winter once they know a bit more about the virus we will have restrictions relaxed. I just can’t get my head around the idea of losing 2 years of my life. By the time lockdown is over I’m gonna be bleeping old:eek:

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Not sure what they going to do this is the mirror

Will they force greater Manchester as Manchester say no.
Manchester says no meetings planned for a few days.

Numbers seem high for sat and rise in deaths.

New cases 16171
1005 more than last Sat
150v(81) deaths so deaths almost doubled

Sad news about Liverpool's mayors brother dying from covid.

Scary Midland hospital shut down considering they not even tier 3.
Wales probably will announce monday.

Teachers union finally making some noise about cases in secondry schools.
Indy sage released the proper age groups not fiddled.

Sorry if daft question how will ni and wales if they go for it fund people during circuit break.
Is it still old furlough scheme to 31st October then replaced with job retention scheme 2/3.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
2022?! :cry: So we have another whole year or this crap.... great! I just want to get on with my life. I am still really hopeful that after the winter once they know a bit more about the virus we will have restrictions relaxed. I just can’t get my head around the idea of losing 2 years of my life. By the time lockdown is over I’m gonna be bleeping old:eek:
Agreed, I started this pandemic on the right side of 30 and it looks like I’ll be coming out of it on the wrong side. The thought of this going on for another year makes me want to jump off a cliff.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Interesting thread on infections and children.
It seems primary school kids are not being as affected but it’s the secondary age and the young adults categories which have the biggest infections rates

Agreed, I started this pandemic on the right side of 30 and it looks like I’ll be coming out of it on the wrong side. The thought of this going on for another year makes me want to jump off a cliff.

Well... this is awkward as I posted it cos end of next year was better than I thought 😬

But in all seriousness she basically said by the end of next year masks could be gone and parties etc pretty much definitely allowed. That doesn’t mean it won’t be before which I hope it will, but sometimes I see comments on here where people think this will be going on for 5 years or even worse, forever, and I felt it was positive in contrast to that (not that I ever believe that anyway!)

We have got this far guys, we can go a little bit longer 💕 (plus I’m just deducting this year off my age 🤷🏻‍♀️😬😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
People are just doing what they want in my town it appears 😭
I heard whisphers that masks might be around for 3 years 😬 I'm really hoping that's not the case. I can't bear the thought of next year following this one

• Sad
Well... this is awkward as I posted it cos end of next year was better than I thought 😬

But in all seriousness she basically said by the end of next year masks could be gone and parties etc pretty much definitely allowed. That doesn’t mean it won’t be before which I hope it will, but sometimes I see comments on here where people think this will be going on for 5 years or even worse, forever, and I felt it was positive in contrast to that (not that I ever believe that anyway!)

We have got this far guys, we can go a little bit longer 💕 (plus I’m just deducting this year off my age 🤷🏻‍♀️😬😂)
I’m still holding out for festival season next year. Can’t do another year of no social life o_O I wouldn’t mind if it meant I was giving my body a break but I’m drinking even more in lockdown than I was when I was going out😂. I’m so scared that by the time lockdown is over all my friends will have settled down and gotten themselves preggo (it's already started :eek:) and I’ll have to go raving on my own!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m still holding out for festival season next year. Can’t do another year of no social life o_O I wouldn’t mind if it meant I was giving my body a break but I’m drinking even more in lockdown than I was when I was going out😂. I’m so scared that by the time lockdown is over all my friends will have settled down and gotten themselves preggo (it's already started :eek:) and I’ll have to go raving on my own!!
You might be able to do some festivals next year, I think if they do manage to roll out a vaccine you could probably have bigger events but maybe just with some distancing measures in place for 2021. People have been so innovative already in adapting businesses to work and they are doing socially distanced indoor theatre this winter so I think there’s hope for outdoor events next year even if we are still in this mess x

Last edited:
I’d prepare for the probability that it won’t happen. My friend is a music journalist and he has heard on the grapevine that Glastonbury has been shelved for next year already. I imagine many others will follow. I just can’t see them ever being able to make a big festival COVID “secure” and the insurance bills would be enormous.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
My son was negative. I'm so glad!

We take part in the ONS study and get stabbed regularly. The lady came today and asked a few different questions, including if I wear a mask in outside spaces. I said no, and asked if she thought it was needed?

She said most probably. She said from what they are seeing the virus is spreading more rapidly this time than it did the first.

I took my daughter to the park and didn't wear a mask. I just cant, not outside. I need some normality in all of this x

Reactions: 11
but at least she did do that, i have said it a million times but not closing Uk borders was the most absurd thing
Are there any statistics for how much that drove up numbers?

I’m losing hope for seeing my boyfriend this year. Canada has started allowing families and partners in so why can’t America?? I feel so forgotten about

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s so weird, because during lockdown time I only heard of two people I know contracting it. It seems like everyone has it at the mo 🤯

We take part in the ONS study and get stabbed regularly. The lady came today and asked a few different questions, including if I wear a mask in outside spaces. I said no, and asked if she thought it was needed?

She said most probably. She said from what they are seeing the virus is spreading more rapidly this time than it did the first.

I took my daughter to the park and didn't wear a mask. I just cant, not outside. I need some normality in all of this x
Do you live in a city?

I only ask because where I am (Dorset), I never see anyone wearing masks outside but when I was in London about 60% were but I’ve never really even considered doing it without it being mandated before then.

The woman working for the ONS said the virus is spreading more rapidly than last time? This is totally untrue, it was doubling every 3 days at the during the first peak and right now it is somewhere between 7 and 10 days, that is much much slower.

Glad your son tested negative!

Reactions: 8
I'm in the north east. As is typical for us it's been a crappy weather day so we took the kids for a long muddy walk.

I'm not even exaggerating when i say in the 2hrs we were out we must have passed groups of teenagers every 5 mins.

It doesn't take Einstein to realise why our figures are so bad. I'm not a curtain twitcher look at them breaking the rules tut tut type of person but what I've seen today has well and truly made me mad.

I want this to duck off as much as the next person but OBEY THE bleeping RULES MAN!!!

Reactions: 12
My Instagram is full of people I know out with friends even though they’re in tier 2🙄🙄

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.