Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn’t this a vaccine that hasn’t even been tested on vulnerable people yet?https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54573288
That was the US vaccine testing which had been tested on no vulnerable people, however I’m sure they won’t have done widespread testing on the vulnerable with this one either.

I spose it’s pick your poison at that point, would you rather take the vaccine or risk getting covid?

I am not trying to be horrible in saying that, it’s a hard choice but I think if they are only planning to vaccinate vulnerable and elderly people that is what it will come down to as the rest of us will be susceptible to it 😔

Reactions: 2
My kids break up on Thursday so if they're going to extend the holidays then they really need to be telling parents now
My niece is in college (age 16) and she was told yesterday there will be no lessons next week, they must work from home. They weren't due to break up until the 23rd.
We're tier 1, and there are no cases in her college but they have said they want time to deep clean.
Thought it was very late notice and I can see others doing the same next week but adding a week to the end rather than the start of half term.

Reactions: 3
From the vaccine article @monga posted, I liked this paragraph. It made me feel hopeful, vaccine task force lady when asked when we could get back to normal said not straight away but...

41FC0583-46CD-4F3D-B423-5817E9B71E68.jpeg

reading stuff like this gives me so much hope that this will be over sooner than we think xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've found it on local government website nhs didn't have much information regaurding people who was self isolating with me.
I used this page.
My understanding of it is that if you are the only symptomatic person in your household and you test negative then everyone can stop self isolating, unless they are also waiting on test results.

But why not just fully lockdown the areas where it’s higher? (I say this living in an area with higher levels at present .)

locking down the areas with low numbers of cases won’t help save lives in high areas, if the T3 restrictions aren’t working then do a full lockdown (and fund it properly) in the higher areas and allow the other areas to continue with T1/2/3 until a lockdown there may be required if it is.

I agree it makes little sense to fully lockdown areas with very low cases which are not growing rapidly, what are you achieving with locking down areas with few cases?
I think if you were to fully lock down regions then there would have to be some sort of restriction on travelling between areas. How enforceable that is, I’m not sure.

Reactions: 2
I think if you were to fully lock down regions then there would have to be some sort of restriction on travelling between areas. How enforceable that is, I’m not sure.
I agree that is tough however I also think the majority wouldn’t travel outside their region. It’s a lot of effort to go to a pub etc.

edit: isn’t this what they have done in Wales with some success?

That was the US vaccine testing which had been tested on no vulnerable people, however I’m sure they won’t have done widespread testing on the vulnerable with this one either.

I spose it’s pick your poison at that point, would you rather take the vaccine or risk getting covid?

I am not trying to be horrible in saying that, it’s a hard choice but I think if they are only planning to vaccinate vulnerable and elderly people that is what it will come down to as the rest of us will be susceptible to it 😔
I’d rather take a chance I think .I’m not sure if the British one has either as I read they haven’t even got as far as testing the live vaccine on anyone yet?

I’d rather take a chance I think .I’m not sure if the British one has either as I read they haven’t even got as far as testing the live vaccine on anyone yet?
The Oxford vaccine isn’t a live covid vaccine, there is a live one made by someone else about to start trials but the Oxford one is in its final phase of testing and looks promising so far.

edit: adding some info

2798F5D1-7656-4360-A738-6243D1D1BEF8.jpeg

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.re...rticle/2020-07-19-the-oxford-covid-19-vaccine

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ll probably be disagreed with but I’m tired of the praise the PM of New Zealand is always getting. Yes they are “covid free” but it’s a tiny island with a tiny population and she has banned them leaving the country indefinitely, right? So that means everyone in NZ will have zero immunity whatsoever, and unless she locks them in forever (human rights violation?) it’ll make its way back and probably consume them at a later date vaccine or not
but at least she did do that, i have said it a million times but not closing Uk borders was the most absurd thing

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Anti mask protest organised to happen at one of the shopping centres here today. Selfish gits. They say they want to disrupt retail. These people are idiots. The people having big gatherings and complaining things should be open are the people who are going to cause things to close down again. What don't they get? 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
but at least she did do that, i have said it a million times but not closing Uk borders was the most absurd thing
Being an island we had an advantage by doing this. The should have been closed as soon as we had one case.

Reactions: 14
Anti mask protest organised to happen at one of the shopping centres here today. Selfish gits. They say they want to disrupt retail. These people are idiots. The people having big gatherings and complaining things should be open are the people who are going to cause things to close down again. What don't they get? 🤦🏼‍♀️
wtf is wrong with people?! the retail sector is in enough of a mess now why dothey want to make it worse

• Angry
Reactions: 7
The Oxford vaccine isn’t a live covid vaccine, there is a live one made by someone else about to start trials but the Oxford one is in its final phase of testing and looks promising so far.

edit: adding some info

View attachment 278503
Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.re...rticle/2020-07-19-the-oxford-covid-19-vaccine
On this article 4days ago she states they don’t know how it will effect vulnerable group’s https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/slim-chance-covid-vaccine-christmas-a4569846.html

yep, glad to see lots of positivity in the news about a vaccine in the next year though.

If we get one which works that’s good news for everyone, it’s up to individuals if they don’t want it 🤷🏻‍♀️ majority of people won’t be offered it anyway probably.
Yeah you just don't know what to believe in the press, on her other articles she states the working age population would receive it that would help keep the vulnerable safe ,it's just a wait and see what materialises in truth.

Protesting like this will just make it worse, that is what they don't get, bleeping muppets.

Reactions: 13
Being an island we had an advantage by doing this. The should have been closed as soon as we had one case.
But who would you have closed the borders too? New Zealand went full throttle, even people with the right to work and live in NZ (not citizens) couldn't return.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.