Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking today....how I can see some positives? Does anyone want to join in?

- I have wonky teeth but pretty eyes, so masks are my friend. Long live the mask life.

- Lockdown meant that my tight-fisted husband capitulated on my demands for a chest freezer (ongoing since about 2009). I am now living my best middle-class-chest-freezer-owning life.

- I've avoided the stress of 3 kids birthday parties this year. #winning

- I potted flowering plants this year and they are still alive and blooming!A first for me, aged 41. Charlie Dimmock eat your heart out.

- I have been reminded how much I bloody love my own company. Going forward I will happily refuse so many more invites, because I never really appreciated before how much they stress me out.
I love this 💓💓 the year has been tit but it’s definitely had positives too.

- I went back to live with my parents from March - June. It was the longest I’ve been at home in 4 years and I loved spending time with them.

- I reconnected with old friends, albeit via zoom, but it was lovely to pick up where we left off. I don’t think we would have done this if covid didn’t happen.

- I learnt to bake the worlds best cookies!! No more rock hard crumbly things, they’re soft and gooey and everything dreams are made of 🤩

- I’m thankful to be one of the lucky ones who’s family and friends have all stayed healthy💓

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I love this 💓💓 the year has been tit but it’s definitely had positives too.

- I went back to live with my parents from March - June. It was the longest I’ve been at home in 4 years and I loved spending time with them.

- I reconnected with old friends, albeit via zoom, but it was lovely to pick up where we left off. I don’t think we would have done this if covid didn’t happen.

- I learnt to bake the worlds best cookies!! No more rock hard crumbly things, they’re soft and gooey and everything dreams are made of 🤩

- I’m thankful to be one of the lucky ones who’s family and friends have all stayed healthy💓
Share the cookie recipe please!!!!!

Reactions: 5
And no country will have herd immunity so they are in no worse a position. I think they handled it brilliantly. But then I have a total girl crush on her and think she's amazing.
I totally love Jacinda. I’ve always been fond of NZ but she’s like my dream leader. Big ass girl crush. You never know, maybe we’ll get a Jacinda in the U.K. one day,... 😏

Reactions: 11
Do you live in a city?

I only ask because where I am (Dorset), I never see anyone wearing masks outside but when I was in London about 60% were but I’ve never really even considered doing it without it being mandated before then.

We live in the west midlands. Not a city, just an average sized town. People seem to wear masks more outdoors now but not everyone, I'd say only about 30% do x

Reactions: 2
I totally love Jacinda. I’ve always been fond of NZ but she’s like my dream leader. Big ass girl crush. You never know, maybe we’ll get a Jacinda in the U.K. one day,... 😏
I live in hope but I just can't ever see that happening.

We live in the west midlands. Not a city, just an average sized town. People seem to wear masks more outdoors now but not everyone, I'd say only about 30% do x
We are lucky where we live. I'd say 90 percent of people wear masks in shops and more and more are wearing them around town.

Reactions: 1
The woman working for the ONS said the virus is spreading more rapidly than last time? This is totally untrue, it was doubling every 3 days at the during the first peak and right now it is somewhere between 7 and 10 days, that is much much slower.

Glad your son tested negative!
That's what she said this morning. I'm not sure if it's true.

They definitely asked more questions re where we go out/if we wear masks/how are our work places social distancing/how long do we spend in supermarkets when we shop. Normally it's just 'Hi, Any symptoms? Swab yourself. Bye!' X

I live in hope but I just can't ever see that happening.

We are lucky where we live. I'd say 90 percent of people wear masks in shops and more and more are wearing them around town.
If you’re not an hole who attended Eton you have zero chance. Let’s start our own party. Any Tattler chicks up for the challenge? 😁😉

• Haha
Glad you son tested neg .Maybe it's the new potent strain they're seeing in the US among other places that they're seeing here if they think the spread is more rapid, it'll be interesting to see if they implement mask wearing for all outdoor activities next ,it's bad enough having to wear them in shops.
I hope not! I count down to get out of places, get my mask off and breathe in some fresh air. Cant imagine not being able to do that x

Reactions: 2
If you’re not an hole who attended Eton you have zero chance. Let’s start our own party. Any Tattler chicks up for the challenge? 😁😉
If you went to Harrow you have an outside chance but definitely better odds at Eton 😛

I hope not! I count down to get out of places, get my mask off and breathe in some fresh air. Cant imagine not being able to do that x
Well they affect my eyesight 😂 I have to put my glasses on top of my head I can't see for the steam it would be worse in winter i'd imagine

i want to join in the positives so here we go:

- This company in america launched a website with online dance classes for beginners right up to advanced. It was only £99 for a whole year and it meant I could finally learn to dance and from the best and famous choreographers. I actually took a ballet class from one of teachers of the New York Ballet. I'd never have had that opportunity if it wasn't for corona.

- I still got to complete part of my degree and move abroad. I'm doing okay being abroad by myself, had wobbly moments for the most part doing okay.

- I could still work throughout so I was very lucky albeit in a different store, but not being in my store made leaving a lot easier.

- I make the best roast potato's.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That's what she said this morning. I'm not sure if it's true.

They definitely asked more questions re where we go out/if we wear masks/how are our work places social distancing/how long do we spend in supermarkets when we shop. Normally it's just 'Hi, Any symptoms? Swab yourself. Bye!' X
Maybe she means more virulent there's a new strain has been identified

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.