Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My kids break up on Thursday so if they're going to extend the holidays then they really need to be telling parents now

Reactions: 5
My kids break up on Thursday so if they're going to extend the holidays then they really need to be telling parents now
They really need to be doing something drastic about the spread now .It's like watching the US unfold again there's missing too many opportunities IMO.

Reactions: 3
They spent a lot of time pushing all the ‘children don’t spread coronavirus’ stuff...

haven’t seen them pushing that narrative in a while 😬

Reactions: 9
If your in a tier 3 area can you travel to another tier 3 area for a walk outside for instances?
🤦‍♀️ Wha.....sorr.......

Y’all, I’m tired. That’s it 😐 that’s all I’ve got 😐

edit, it’s not 😂
They spent a lot of time pushing all the ‘children don’t spread coronavirus’ stuff...

nobody can be stupid enough to believe that “private home” transmissions aren’t linked to children in schools. When they OPENLY say they can’t “confirm” where the transmissions come from.

nobody wants schools closed but why are we all sticking our heads in the sand and pretending it’s not happening or linked.

we have something like 25 clusters in schools, what about the thousands of asymptomatic kids who will never show symptoms but pass the virus to family and so on and so on.

I wish they would explain this more. Surely it’s a spectrum not a binary thing - Covid doesn’t know that you are legally a child til 18 so you’d think that your likelihood of spreading it rises as you get older?! So sixth form and secondary spread it more than primary etc?

Reactions: 3
They really need to be doing something drastic about the spread now .It's like watching the US unfold again there's missing too many opportunities IMO.

Yes I agree. All this fannying around with different tiers, different arrangements throughout the four countries is beginning to grind. Families are arguing about it all, it's just ridiculous.

I didn't agree with Boris yesterday when he said that it wouldn't be fair for people living in such areas as Devon and Cornwall to have to lockdown. I feel as though if the whole country closed again, even if only for two weeks, but allowing people to continue working, would be much better in suppressing the virus.

Reactions: 7
For some reason this image came to mind of Boris and his cretins.

that is like a representation of the government's strategy... ignore it until it is too late to take successful action

• Haha
I wish they would explain this more. Surely it’s a spectrum not a binary thing - Covid doesn’t know that you are legally a child til 18 so you’d think that your likelihood of spreading it rises as you get older?! So sixth form and secondary spread it more than primary etc?
There's a lot more sec schools where I live that have had to close because of cases in pupils .The primary my son attends has only had canteen staff test pos from the beginning of Sept till now so I don't think the spread is as bad in primary (at least not our school could differ in areas)

Yes I agree. All this fannying around with different tiers, different arrangements throughout the four countries is beginning to grind. Families are arguing about it all, it's just ridiculous.

I didn't agree with Boris yesterday when he said that it wouldn't be fair for people living in such areas as Devon and Cornwall to have to lockdown. I feel as though if the whole country closed again, even if only for two weeks, but allowing people to continue working, would be much better in suppressing the virus.
Did he seriously say that? So he’s going to let 100s more people die because a couple of thousand people in the most sparsely populated areas of England might be inconvenienced!?

• Sad
Did he seriously say that? So he’s going to let 100s more people die because a couple of thousand people in the most sparsely populated areas of England might be inconvenienced!?
Yes he did Tui. I disagree with him and would rather we were all treated equally.

Reactions: 11
Absolutely crackers. His logic is bizarre. Guessing he doesn’t want to piss off his Tory heartlands.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Personally I think it would be unfair to close schools I’m in tier 2 and there haven’t been any cases in my daughters Large urban primary school or neighbouring schools and a small amount in secondary.

My head has made it very clear he wants school open.

• Heart
Personally I think it would be unfair to close schools I’m in tier 2 and there haven’t been any cases in my daughters Large urban primary school or neighbouring schools and a small amount in secondary.

even in level 5 here schools are hopefully staying open.
We’re making problems for generations to come if schools close again, not to mention the many kids that are living in tit family situations that are relying on schools to keep them safe being thrown back into crappy situations with no support again, even for a few weeks or months 😞

• Sad
My tests come back negative 🙂 Does anybody know if its back to normal for my house hold Monday. No ones got a bloody clue and the website isn't very helpful 😕

Edit: found relevant information on local government website.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

I don’t know how I feel about it. 450+ Greater Manchester schools have reported cases so it’s a problem here. It is rife in the universities. I think blanket school closure probably isn’t the best idea but there should be efforts made wherever possible to limit numbers on site and send some students home to learn virtually, primarily in sixth form and universities where self directed learning is encouraged anyway.

My tests come back negative 🙂 Does anybody know if its back to normal for my house hold Monday. No ones got a bloody clue and the website isn't very helpful 😕
If you have no fevers then yes. I think you have to be 48h clear of fever but that might just be an NHS worker thing. NHS website has useful info on what to do when your test comes back

I don’t know how I feel about it. 450+ Greater Manchester schools have reported cases so it’s a problem here. It is rife in the universities. I think blanket school closure probably isn’t the best idea but there should be efforts made wherever possible to limit numbers on site and send some students home to learn virtually, primarily in sixth form and universities where self directed learning is encouraged anyway.

If you have no fevers then yes. I think you have to be 48h clear of fever but that might just be an NHS worker thing. NHS website has useful info on what to do when your test comes back
I've found it on local government website nhs didn't have much information regaurding people who was self isolating with me.

But why not just fully lockdown the areas where it’s higher? (I say this living in an area with higher levels at present .)

locking down the areas with low numbers of cases won’t help save lives in high areas, if the T3 restrictions aren’t working then do a full lockdown (and fund it properly) in the higher areas and allow the other areas to continue with T1/2/3 until a lockdown there may be required if it is.

I agree it makes little sense to fully lockdown areas with very low cases which are not growing rapidly, what are you achieving with locking down areas with few cases?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.