Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This a good summary of what he said. I'm sure it will all be repeated at 8!
FB_IMG_1600779768902.jpg

Reactions: 3
Scots will be banned from visiting each other in their own homes from tomorrow, Nicola Sturgeon said today as she reintroduced stringent lockdown rules.

The First Minister said that a 'high proportion' of new cases in the country were linked to transmission within private homes where social distancing and ventilation were more difficult than outdoors or public buildings.

She spoke to MSPs at Holyrood minutes after Boris Johnson has unveiled new lockdown measures in England, saying that his steps did not go far enough and her advice was that it 'will not be sufficient to bring the R number down' north of the border.

I feel like Boris and Nicola just need to shag and get it out of their system.
This drives me mad how the whole thing seems an opportunity to politically ‘up’ someone, i for one am happy for now we can go in peoples houses and feel for those in Scotland and I can’t see how it’s different over a border for any reason other than political gain...

Reactions: 4
Let's say you woke up with a terrible cough, a fever, and severe body aches. Immediately, you rush to the doctor and unfortunately, you’re diagnosed with COVID-19. For the last two weeks, you’ve been unaware that you were infected and you’ve ignored "the rules." You've gotten together with some close friends for pizza, had a few people over, even visited a park and a beach. You figured, “I don’t feel sick. I have the right to keep living my normal life. No one can tell me what to do."

With your diagnosis, you spend the next few days at home on the couch, feeling pretty crappy; but then you’re well again because you’re young, healthy and strong. Lucky you. But your best friend caught it from you during a visit to your house, and because she didn't know she was contagious, she visited her 82-year-old grandfather, who uses oxygen tanks daily to help him breathe because he has COPD and heart failure. Now, he’s dead.

Your co-worker, who has asthma, caught it too, during your little pizza get-together. Now, he’s in the ICU, and he's spread it to a few others in his family, too--but they won't know that for another couple of weeks yet.

The cashier at the restaurant where you picked up the pizza carried the infection home to his wife, who has MS, which makes her immunosuppressed. She’s not as lucky as you, so she’s admitted to the hospital because she’s having trouble breathing. She may need to be placed in a medically-induced coma and intubated; she may not get to say goodbye to her loved ones. She may die surrounded by machines, with no family at her bedside.

All because you couldn't stand the inconvenience of a mask; of staying home; of changing your familiar routines for just a little while. Because you have the right, above all others rights, to continue living your normal life and no one, I mean no one, has the right to tell you what to do.

#SocialDistancing = It’s not about YOU!
#WearAMask = It's not about YOU!
#StayHome = It's not about YOU!
#GetTested = It's not about YOU!

Written by Anonymous.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This drives me mad how the whole thing seems an opportunity to politically ‘up’ someone, i for one am happy for now we can go in peoples houses and feel for those in Scotland and I can’t see how it’s different over a border for any reason other than political gain...
I don't think it is really fair to assume that every time Scotland do something which is different to England that the only reason is political and to one up Boris.
NI also brought in the same restrictions yesterday and that certainly wasn't done for political gain.

Let's say you woke up with a terrible cough, a fever, and severe body aches. Immediately, you rush to the doctor and unfortunately, you’re diagnosed with COVID-19. For the last two weeks, you’ve been unaware that you were infected and you’ve ignored "the rules." You've gotten together with some close friends for pizza, had a few people over, even visited a park and a beach. You figured, “I don’t feel sick. I have the right to keep living my normal life. No one can tell me what to do."

With your diagnosis, you spend the next few days at home on the couch, feeling pretty crappy; but then you’re well again because you’re young, healthy and strong. Lucky you. But your best friend caught it from you during a visit to your house, and because she didn't know she was contagious, she visited her 82-year-old grandfather, who uses oxygen tanks daily to help him breathe because he has COPD and heart failure. Now, he’s dead.

Your co-worker, who has asthma, caught it too, during your little pizza get-together. Now, he’s in the ICU, and he's spread it to a few others in his family, too--but they won't know that for another couple of weeks yet.

The cashier at the restaurant where you picked up the pizza carried the infection home to his wife, who has MS, which makes her immunosuppressed. She’s not as lucky as you, so she’s admitted to the hospital because she’s having trouble breathing. She may need to be placed in a medically-induced coma and intubated; she may not get to say goodbye to her loved ones. She may die surrounded by machines, with no family at her bedside.

All because you couldn't stand the inconvenience of a mask; of staying home; of changing your familiar routines for just a little while. Because you have the right, above all others rights, to continue living your normal life and no one, I mean no one, has the right to tell you what to do.

Written by Anonymous.
Not entirely sure what the point of this is. Are you suggesting that before anyone shows any covid symptoms they should stay in their home 24 hours a day? None of those things are against the rules. As long as this made up person got a test and isolated as soon as they started displaying symptoms then I'm not sure what else you expect.

This sounds like classic facebook drivel to me.

Reactions: 12
I don't think it is really fair to assume that every time Scotland do something which is different to England that the only reason is political and to one up Boris.
NI also brought in the same restrictions yesterday and that certainly wasn't done for political gain.
that may be true but this isn’t the first time during this Scotland has done the same but different and tied it in with a criticism of Boris and the uk govt. My point is more so how is it different in Scotland than here that they think they need that / Boris thinks we don’t need it. It does often feel from all sides a lot of this pandemic is becoming increasingly political and less so what’s good for the whole uk and more so how to make your country seem better.

You know all those dicks people on facebook and protesting and all that who have been refusing to wear masks, what happens to them now with the new guidelines? Is that being enforced? are there going to be fines? are they not allowed in anywhere?

Written by Anonymous.
“The friend” and the “co-worker” made the decision to interact so how is it that the person with covid is the one in the wrong in this hypothetical scenario?!

Not entirely sure what the point of this is. Are you suggesting that before anyone shows any covid symptoms they should stay in their home 24 hours a day? None of those things are against the rules. As long as this made up person got a test and isolated as soon as they started displaying symptoms then I'm not sure what else you expect.

This sounds like classic facebook drivel to me.
Yeah I’ve seen similar versions doing the rounds on Facebook but back during harsh lockdown. Don’t see what the point of them posting it now is.

• Wow
You know all those dicks people on facebook and protesting and all that who have been refusing to wear masks, what happens to them now with the new guidelines? Is that being enforced? are there going to be fines? are they not allowed in anywhere?
it seems to be quite a ramp up on the mask wearing front so I do hope they start handing out fines so people start taking it seriously - it’s so easy to wear a mask. The worst people I find are the ones who wear on WITH THEIR NOSE OUT

Reactions: 9
that may be true but this isn’t the first time during this Scotland has done the same but different and tied it in with a criticism of Boris and the uk govt. My point is more so how is it different in Scotland than here that they think they need that / Boris thinks we don’t need it. It does often feel from all sides a lot of this pandemic is becoming increasingly political and less so what’s good for the whole uk and more so how to make your country seem better.
The exact same thing could be said about NI and Wales who are both implementing their own plans which are different to England. It isn’t Scotland, Wales or NIs fault that Boris does something different.

• Heart
“The friend” and the “co-worker” made the decision to interact so how is it that the person with covid is the one in the wrong in this hypothetical scenario?!
Yeah I’ve seen similar versions doing the rounds on Facebook but back during harsh lockdown. Don’t see what the point of them posting it now is.
It's still relevant in my opinion, to remind ourselves that our actions affect others as well as ourselves

I didn't read it that it was person who got covid firsts, fault. I read it that the co-worker and friend have caught it because they didn't distance either... All in it together. You have to protect yourself and others - type of thing.

Scots will be banned from visiting each other in their own homes from tomorrow, Nicola Sturgeon said today as she reintroduced stringent lockdown rules.

The First Minister said that a 'high proportion' of new cases in the country were linked to transmission within private homes where social distancing and ventilation were more difficult than outdoors or public buildings.

She spoke to MSPs at Holyrood minutes after Boris Johnson has unveiled new lockdown measures in England, saying that his steps did not go far enough and her advice was that it 'will not be sufficient to bring the R number down' north of the border.

I feel like Boris and Nicola just need to shag and get it out of their system.
My mum is still going to visit my Gran once a week. During the original lockdown, it was awful for my gran. My grandad is dead so she is by herself.

Reactions: 6
The point is that it everyone's responsibility. Where does it say that the co-worker or friend are

It's still relevant in my opinion, to remind ourselves that our actions affect others as well as ourselves
that’s true, but it’s overly scaremongering. Provided that fictional person abides by the guidelines they can’t be made to feel guilty - and as far as I know meeting friends for pizza, having friends round and going to the beach are all allowed as long as you keep SD/masks etc. I know stuff like going to the park and beach was out of bounds before, so I get it relates to a stricter time... and I get the point it’s trying to make it just seems to be guilt tripping people for doing stuff that’s not actually banned anymore 🤷‍♀️

Written by Anonymous.
All of these things are allowed? They are not ignoring “the rules”?

Should people feel guilty for doing every day things, or only things which are enjoyable?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.