Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know the rules around going away? I’m in Essex and due to go to Dorset for 2 nights next week.
barely left the house since March and was really looking forward to it. Hoping we can still go?
I think it's only in Wales that they are starting to enforce travel restrictions to different areas so you should be fine 🤞my bf is going back to his home country for a weeek in Oct (3rd time trying to anyway) and I am worried he will end up stuck there if lockdown gets worse :(

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know the rules around going away? I’m in Essex and due to go to Dorset for 2 nights next week.
barely left the house since March and was really looking forward to it. Hoping we can still go?
We are currently driving to the Lake District from down south so hopefully not!

I think as long as the area your travelling to or from isn't in local lockdown your fine to go.

I understand what you mean. I’ve said this before. A household of 6 adults has the potential to easily visit 30 others within a day, because they can all go separately to others houses/pubs etc. To then go home and mingle all together.
This is what I’m concerned about. I have 3 children, they visit a friends house each, that risk worries me a lot. My husband and I don’t visit anyone.

I think it's only in Wales that they are starting to enforce travel restrictions to different areas so you should be fine 🤞my bf is going back to his home country for a weeek in Oct (3rd time trying to anyway) and I am worried he will end up stuck there if lockdown gets worse :(
thanks - I hope so!
fingers crossed for your boyfriend and that he gets back ok. I know the feeling - haven't been home to see my family since last Christmas. Planning on swimming there if they bring in more restrictions before Christmas!

Reactions: 2
thanks - I hope so!
fingers crossed for your boyfriend and that he gets back ok. I know the feeling - haven't been home to see my family since last Christmas. Planning on swimming there if they bring in more restrictions before Christmas!
Very jealous as the sea in Dorset is beautiful ! You are very brave though, I went in July when it was about 25 degrees and the water was freeeeeeeeezing (albeit in typical British fashion we went in :LOL:)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm having 7 for Christmas. I know that technically it's not allowed and I will and have followed all the other rules but I can't leave one parent on their own.

Reactions: 17
I'm having 7 for Christmas. I know that technically it's not allowed and I will and have followed all the other rules but I can't leave one parent on their own.
I expect the rules will change again before Christmas. Hopefully for the better!

Reactions: 9
PHE has said if people catch Flu and Covid at the same time they're in serious trouble ,has to be a reason for alarm..
Getting the flu shot for the first time ever this year. Husband and I are booked in at a pharmacy for a few week's time. Pharmacies here do them for free and for everyone. If you qualify in the UK (as I know they don't give it to everyone?) I would recommend getting it.

Reactions: 2
Remember when we were told this would be over in 3 weeks 😂
To be fair no one actually said it would be over in 3 weeks, it was just that the initial restrictions we due to be reviewed in 3 weeks.

But Boris did say we would be back to normal by Christmas though, that hasn't aged well.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just wondering if anyone is Scottish or saw the Scottish address about this today. Struggling to interpret what Nicola meant in regards to travelling abroad. We are due to go to Rhodes in the half term. I can’t tell if she’s saying the holiday will be cancelled or only that it will be cancelled if they introduce the circuit breaker? Hearing how anyone else took it would help greatly

Attachments

Just wondering if anyone is Scottish or saw the Scottish address about this today. Struggling to interpret what Nicola meant in regards to travelling abroad. We are due to go to Rhodes in the half term. I can’t tell if she’s saying the holiday will be cancelled or only that it will be cancelled if they introduce the circuit breaker? Hearing how anyone else took it would help greatly
Since the UK doesn't have an actual ban on travel there isn't much the Scottish government can do to stop people travelling, but they have made it clear people shouldn't be booking holidays.

Reactions: 8
Remember when we were told this would be over in 3 weeks 😂
I know 🤦‍♀️ I remember talking to my friends about an event we were going to in August and we joked that if things weren’t back to normal by then how crazy and awful it would be etc .... and here we are😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t think she’s said it will be cancelled per say, I took it as if your travel isn’t essential don’t go 🤷🏽‍♀️ Which she has been saying consistently, that isn’t new information for Scotland.

Reactions: 5
I take this as more of an advisory notice. Your holiday stands. They'd rather you weren't going but there's nothing they can do about it except request that others don't book for that period.

Reactions: 4
I expect the rules will change again before Christmas. Hopefully for the better!
there was an article in the paper that these new rules could last 6 months :( its so sad as my family and some long time friends usually have xmas day together in a huge group os around 20, having just my immediate family (i have no grandparents etc) will be so depressing

I know 🤦‍♀️ I remember talking to my friends about an event we were going to in August and we joked that if things weren’t back to normal by then how crazy and awful it would be etc .... and here we are😂
yeh, one of my last days in the office one of my colleagues (who was accusing me of being too paranoid about corona) was assuring us it wouldn't be so bad and all over soon... that was early march.. I was due to go to a concert in april, then postponed until november... now just cancelled :(

Sending all my good thoughts to anyone who was planning a wedding that will be affected. Seen so many on my social media having to postpone etc and know how stressful planning a wedding is without all this so can only imagine 😞 hope you all get to have your special day soon x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.