Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
welsh person here and I will see that it is a bleeping tit show here. The areas aren’t on lockdown really cause you can still go to work even if it’s out of the lockdown area. My friend works in a school in the area but doesn’t live there so she has a form to say she’s allowed into the area and then leaves after school, realistically taking corona with her back to her not lockdown town. Ridiculous!!
Yeah don’t really understand how it works here, considering a load of people that work in cardiff live in RCT/Newport and Caerphilly anyway. Not saying people should be “stopped” but what’s actually preventing anyone from say... nipping into Tesco’s in cardiff on their way back home to an area of local lockdown. The rules seem silly and unenforceable. Honestly don’t think it’ll be long until all of South Wales is on lockdown tbh seeing as Scotland have just done that.

Yeah don’t really understand how it works here, considering a load of people that work in cardiff live in RCT/Newport and Caerphilly anyway. Not saying people should be “stopped” but what’s actually preventing anyone from say... nipping into Tesco’s in cardiff on their way back home to an area of local lockdown. The rules seem silly and unenforceable. Honestly don’t think it’ll be long until all of South Wales is on lockdown tbh seeing as Scotland have just done that.
it’s so stupid! My dad works in a hospital and the grounds man is from Caerphilly but he’s still allowed to travel for work. My dad was like why is here full stop but why is he allowed to be here using the toilet and breakdown potentially spreading it!

Reactions: 1
We can't exactly stop people travelling to their job though. None of the local lockdowns have restricted people from working and nor should they.

Reactions: 4
We can't exactly stop people travelling to their job though. None of the local lockdowns have restricted people from working and nor should they.
I get your point but I feel like if you’re going to have a lockdown cause the cases are high in the area then have a lockdown. People travelling here there and everywhere isn’t doing anyone any favours and it means that all the regions will end up in the same state

I get your point but I feel like if you’re going to have a lockdown cause the cases are high in the area then have a lockdown. People travelling here there and everywhere isn’t doing anyone any favours and it means that all the regions will end up in the same state
Its limiting the number of movements though. They have to work but then shouldn’t be going out spreading it to friends and families because that’s off limits. People can’t just not go to work.

But we aren't, lockdown is a word with no set definition.
There is no reason it needs to be all or nothing. Having certain restrictions to control the spread without absolutely decimating families livelihoods is obviously the preferable option. People haven't been told to stay home unless they could work there since about May and they likely never will again.

It’s inevitable - if they stopped people travelling into Cardiff for work half the restaurants/shops/hospitals etc would have to also shut down because such a large proportion of employees are coming from the surrounding area.

Could anyone tell me what the time scale is for being in contact with someone with Covid to then developing symptoms themselves?
i think it may be 3 days to 2 weeks. x i could be wrong , if so im sure someone will say. I hope you are ok x

Last edited:
Daughter ,15, is at a house where the dads been sent home from work with symptoms and is going for a test tomorrow. She’s being difficult and refusing to come home. What do I do? Any advice?

Daughter ,15, is at a house where the dads been sent home from work with symptoms and is going for a test tomorrow. She’s being difficult and refusing to come home. What do I do? Any advice?
Tell her if she doesn't come home now she will be sleeping in the garden for 2 weeks.

Frankly if I knew this about my child, I would just go over, knock on the door and drag her home. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
There’s too many of you to quote so I’ll just post here. I think everyone may have got the wrong end of the stick as I didn’t word it very well.

I’m not blaming people for leaving for work I totally get that people can’t just not go to work and I do understand that it’s people’s livelihoods. you’re not suppose to leave the area except for work but the majority of people living there will be doing that with implications for the other towns (which is fair enough cause they have to work). In my opinion if the government wants to lockdown certain areas then those people need to be paid etc so that they don’t have a need to leave the area for non essential work which would limit the spread to other towns. I hope that makes a bit more sense. I totally get that people have to work and if they’re told they can go then they of course will, it’s not their fault! My issue is with the government/local authority. Not with workers themselves as such!

Tell her if she doesn't come home now she will be sleeping in the garden for 2 weeks.

Frankly if I knew this about my child, I would just go over, knock on the door and drag her home.
Tried going there, refused. Then phoned the dad and had to get a bit crappy. I mean what idiot invites someone into there house with suspected COVID.

Reactions: 5
Did some home school today. The school really pulled their socks up and it’s much better than before the summer holidays. All I have to do is supervise and the teacher in the video does the rest. So that’s a relief because I’m a rubbish teacher. There’s 4 lessons a day though that take at least an hour each, so 8 hours in total with my two (have to do it separately as we only have one computer to do it on). So I hope they’re not expecting all lessons to be done every day because it’s a bit much.

Boris said today 'a stitch in time saves nine', his latest little quote. I'm waiting for the graphics on the podium banners to be changed 🤣
It makes total sense though, just hope it works!
I heard Gove say the same. It must be their latest soundbites 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I have no advice, but I can give you an empathetic eye roll 🙄 My daughters 17 😂

Sorry over 20 pages to read to catch up and just want to check...everyone is saying these rules are for six months but is this confirmed? I read it as “could be up to six months”? And then assumed it was a scare tactic to make people behave in time for Christmas.

Sorry over 20 pages to read to catch up and just want to check...everyone is saying these rules are for six months but is this confirmed? I read it as “could be up to six months”? And then assumed it was a scare tactic to make people behave in time for Christmas.
Yeah I’ve only read that they could be in place for up to 6 months but granted I haven’t actually watched his speech. Think tabloids are just having a field day bleating on about how Xmas is ruined etc

Reactions: 3
Boris said we should assume the new rules will be in place for 6 months.

The reality is with us moving into winter cases are unlikely to be under control this side of Christmas.

That said I think christmas day will be relatively normal and I don't think there will be many further restrictions on a nationwide scale, only locally.

Reactions: 5
Scots will be banned from visiting each other in their own homes from tomorrow, Nicola Sturgeon said today as she reintroduced stringent lockdown rules.

The First Minister said that a 'high proportion' of new cases in the country were linked to transmission within private homes where social distancing and ventilation were more difficult than outdoors or public buildings.

She spoke to MSPs at Holyrood minutes after Boris Johnson has unveiled new lockdown measures in England, saying that his steps did not go far enough and her advice was that it 'will not be sufficient to bring the R number down' north of the border.

I feel like Boris and Nicola just need to shag and get it out of their system.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
I think for Christmas the messaging will be ‘we know people are going to see family and may exceed the limits so please just be as mindful as you can in distancing and hand washing etc’

They probs know no matter what, people will see each other and the police can’t be knocking on every door.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.