Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everything is taking its toll on my mental health today. I avoided the new for months due to the negative impact.

Whilst the government has done some things well such as furlough scheme nearly everything else has been a shambles.

We should have locked down at least a week earlier in March. Masks should have been compulsory from April and restrictions should have been lifted much more slowly than they were. Small bubbles should have been allowed and children going back to school but everything should have been nearly locked down until after Christmas

Reactions: 9
Doesn't help my dilemma for the wedding I'm due to go to on Saturday! Makes me want to go even less but I also don't want to be that dick. Ahhh

Reactions: 5
Doesn't help my dilemma for the wedding I'm due to go to on Saturday! Makes me want to go even less but I also don't want to be that dick. Ahhh
You won’t be the only one being that dick, if you do decide to be that dick 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Don't go if you don't feel comfortable. If they don't understand screw them.

You won’t be the only one being that dick, if you do decide to be that dick 😂
I agree on that one! The problem is I also think it will be the last time I will get the opportunity to see my family before Christmas :( so even though I don't really want to attend the wedding my family aren't local and I want to see my mum one more time before everything goes to tit again.

Reactions: 5
The new Coronavirus measures review

From Thursday, all pubs, bars and restaurants in England will be forced to close at 10pm. The PM emphasised that they are to CLOSE at 10pm, not call last orders at 10pm
All restaurants, pubs & bars will be required to offer only table service from Thursday
Schools, colleges, universities & places of worship will be allowed to stay open
Plans for spectators to begin watching live sporting events from the 1st October will not go ahead
All staff in bars, restaurants and pubs will now be legally required to wear face coverings & customers will be continue to be required to wear face coverings unless being seated to eat
Gatherings at weddings will be reduced to a maximum of 15 people whereas funeral gatherings will remain at a maximum of 30 people
The fine for breaking the "Rule of Six" rule has been doubled from £100 to £200

There will also be a live televised broadcast by the Prime Minister at 8pm tonight on ITV, BBC, Channel 4, Channel 5 & Sky News

I cant see any if these having major impact.
A lot depends on high compliance

Why the heck does he need to address the nation tonight.

If phe quotes are correct and pubs/restaurants only 5% seems harsh to penalise this sector.
I have felt safer in some pubs this summer than the supermarket.

Nothing about school's. More local out breaks today. People still struggling get tests.
I dont believe south west t rate can be that low with do many schools affected in all South west countries.

Reactions: 10
I understand what you mean. I’ve said this before. A household of 6 adults has the potential to easily visit 30 others within a day, because they can all go separately to others houses/pubs etc. To then go home and mingle all together.
yes, a much better explanation than mine! I just cannot believe face masks are only now being made compulsory, will they be issuing fines? they also need to deal with all the idiots not wearing them correctly it drives me mad!!!

You can still get married, just can't have the big drunken party.
think of the money you'll save on inviting loads of family you don't like just to be polite :LOL: :LOL:

Reactions: 3
We usually use Premier Inn every Nov in London and the prices are usually silly (we usually pay around £245 for 2 nights) Checked the other day and you can get the exact same dates I had booked for just over £100 so they must be struggling as the prices have never been that cheap!
Just been on the BBC. Bookings in August were half what they would normally be.

Reactions: 1
Boris talking tonight is at 8pm but I heard it was pre taped and not live.
it doesn’t make a huge difference other than he will not be answering questions and his message will be clear (can’t flub lines etc).

Boris spoke a lot clearer, must have avoided the pub last night

Haha he's had far too much work to do. What with advisors/parliament /the missus/the other missus/his 75 kids /cobra etc etc
Bet he's on it this afternoon. Now we know why the speech tonight is prerecorded 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Anti mask protesters are going to be apoplectic with the fines.

Reactions: 7
Boris talking tonight is at 8pm but I heard it was pre taped and not live.
it doesn’t make a huge difference other than he will not be answering questions and his message will be clear (can’t flub lines etc).
not that he really answers questions properly anyway so scant difference

Does anyone know the rules around going away? I’m in Essex and due to go to Dorset for 2 nights next week.
barely left the house since March and was really looking forward to it. Hoping we can still go?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.