Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone watching the speech? I can't bring myself to listen to his waffling nonsense

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is anyone continuing taking their kids to grandparents for childcare?
Yes. If boris (and my boss)wants me to work then I don't have a choice. They come to my house and look after my son. On a Thursday it's his granny/grandad,his grandad also picks me up to save me from getting the bus (they don't go out aside from having my boy) and I think it's better to sit in close proxinity to my fil rather than dozens of strangers. My mum has him at our house on Fridays. And my dad picks me up from work,again I'd rather be in close proximity to him than dozens on the bus. I only see immediate family and have to work with kids/colleagues/parents at work. Same with my mum/my husband they see close family and people at work.

Reactions: 3
PHE has said if people catch Flu and Covid at the same time they're in serious trouble ,has to be a reason for alarm..
What are the actual chances of that happening though?
Obviously it’s a concern but it’s not likely to happen for a lot of people!

Reactions: 2
Boris is doing a prerecorded statement so can't imagine it would be very long, it isn't a press conference with Q&As.

If it is still 6 people why would you actively want it reduced to only 2 households?
it makes a lot more sense to reduce it to 2 households even if it ends up being more than 6 people imo. if it is 6 people from 6 different households (lets say each household bhas 4 people) you are mixing with at least 24 people, and thats not even considering if they're working outside the home with other people

it makes a lot more sense to reduce it to 2 households even if it ends up being more than 6 people imo. if it is 6 people from 6 different households (lets say each household bhas 4 people) you are mixing with at least 24 people, and thats not even considering if they're working outside the home with other people
No, under the current restrictions 24 people cannot meet up, it is 6 people maximum from a maximum of 6 different households.

The rule isn't 6 households, it is 6 people.

No full lockdown, ensuring schools/unis stay open, ensuring business stay open in secure way. WFH if possible. Only table service allowed in hospitality other than takeaways

Reactions: 4
It isn't 24 people though, it is 6 people maximum from a maximum of 6 different households. Still 6 people even if they all live alone.
but I mean those 6 people are mixing with other people in their homes, which is the same as you being in contact with someone else too, if someone in a house of someone you mix with gets ill you could easily get ill too

Reactions: 5
Im feeling bit lame and unprepared.
I brought 1 Halloween decoration and 3 bath bombs for kids stockings in home bargains yesterday.
I was waiting black friday purchase a few things.
Kids have 100 budget each plus stupidly said i would buy them a Nintendo switch..
I am worried about money if we lock down again.

This all or nothing with education seems daft when schools have alternative provision.
I googled over 2.8million senior age kids in the whole uk all 4nations.
Combine that with teachers and staff.
The sheer amount that use trains and buses to get to school.
Lets try putting senior schools on virtual until after half term until testing can recover i feel have more impact than closing pubs at 10.

Also in spain all kids 6plus wear masks.
Many European countries start school later and have smalller classes.
I worry about the older school buildings with portacabin classrooms my sons classroom is a old terapins hot in summer cold in winter.
Off topic but Tesco is doing a switch and a game for £299 that's best offer I have seen. It's new games too 😜 I was scared to wait any longer anyway in case it sells out again !

Reactions: 9
but I mean those 6 people are mixing with other people in their homes, which is the same as you being in contact with someone else too, if someone in a house of someone you mix with gets ill you could easily get ill too
I understand what you mean. I’ve said this before. A household of 6 adults has the potential to easily visit 30 others within a day, because they can all go separately to others houses/pubs etc. To then go home and mingle all together.

Reactions: 7
That is just the same as 2 households with any number of people, you could have a household of 6 meeting with another household of 6. Both sets of parents are potentially going to work and mixing, along with all the kids going to school, going to clubs, seeing friends.

I don't see how that is less risky than 4 single people meeting.

Reactions: 1
What are the actual chances of that happening though?
Obviously it’s a concern but it’s not likely to happen for a lot of people!
How so? Flu is a big killer of kids under 5 and as we’re seeing the virus is rising in this age group ,aswell as every other age group..we don’t know how we’re going to be affected this year Covid wasn’t around before 🤨

Reactions: 2
Can he extend cars mot tests again 😬 please 🤞

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.