Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So just to clarify, Boris is speaking at 8pm and Nicola is on at 8:05pm? Is Boris going to be super quick or...what is happening here? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m kinda hopeful they’ll reduce it to 6 people from two households rather than 6 unlimited people 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Also I went to the office yesterday made a plan for 3 days in 2 days at home to get a text today saying scrap that plan stay home😂 such a nightmare but glad I didn’t get a season ticket again!! Looking forward to hearing boris in parliament at 12;30 to unpick what’s happening - hopefully means I won’t have to watch at 8 and can focus on more important things I.e the bake off!!!!

Reactions: 2
So just to clarify, Boris is speaking at 8pm and Nicola is on at 8:05pm? Is Boris going to be super quick or...what is happening here? 😂
Boris is doing a prerecorded statement so can't imagine it would be very long, it isn't a press conference with Q&As.

I’m kinda hopeful they’ll reduce it to 6 people from two households rather than 6 unlimited people 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Also I went to the office yesterday made a plan for 3 days in 2 days at home to get a text today saying scrap that plan stay home😂 such a nightmare but glad I didn’t get a season ticket again!! Looking forward to hearing boris in parliament at 12;30 to unpick what’s happening - hopefully means I won’t have to watch at 8 and can focus on more important things I.e the bake off!!!!
If it is still 6 people why would you actively want it reduced to only 2 households?

So some lovely football chat for you now...

husband supports Tottenham. They are meant to be playing a lower league team this evening.

All premier league teams and staff routinely tested (they pay for this). Lower league teams cannot always afford to do so.

Ahead of game tonight, Tottenham/PL (not sure which) offers to test lower league team and staff for safety as game is at their ground.

EIGHTEEN players and staff come back positive. Wtf 😳 apparently some of them nearly didn’t play their last game as they ‘had a bug’.

so now they are all self isolating and game will either be cancelled if PHE say so or they might be allowed to play their youth team.

what a mess 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Boris is doing a prerecorded statement so can't imagine it would be very long, it isn't a press conference with Q&As.

If it is still 6 people why would you actively want it reduced to only 2 households?
because it’s better than no inside visits at all? It was that and allowed indoors before it was increased in July (I think it was then) so it means you can still see people inside just a limit on where those people are from. A better alternative than no inside visits at all.

Ok looking back i maybe didn’t phrase this well - I am hoping if they are making changes they keep it at 6 and allowed inside but only one other household at a time as per the rules whenever they were rules. This at least means still being able to see grandparents / boyfriend and his family inside just means you can’t have 5 other people from different households. I hope this makes more sense

Reactions: 3
So some lovely football chat for you now...

husband supports Tottenham. They are meant to be playing a lower league team this evening.

All premier league teams and staff routinely tested (they pay for this). Lower league teams cannot always afford to do so.

Ahead of game tonight, Tottenham/PL (not sure which) offers to test lower league team and staff for safety as game is at their ground.

EIGHTEEN players and staff come back positive. Wtf 😳 apparently some of them nearly didn’t play their last game as they ‘had a bug’.

so now they are all self isolating and game will either be cancelled if PHE say so or they might be allowed to play their youth team.

what a mess 😬
Oh no, I usually love your posts and always find myself agreeing with them but now I know you're Tottenham I shouldn't be fraternising with you! 😂
Husband is arsenal mad.
To be honest the only good thing to come out of another lockdown is no football!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
because it’s better than no inside visits at all? It was that and allowed indoors before it was increased in July (I think it was then) so it means you can still see people inside just a limit on where those people are from. A better alternative than no inside visits at all.

Ok looking back i maybe didn’t phrase this well - I am hoping if they are making changes they keep it at 6 and allowed inside but only one other household at a time as per the rules whenever they were rules. This at least means still being able to see grandparents / boyfriend and his family inside just means you can’t have 5 other people from different households. I hope this makes more sense
I see! I thought you just meant you wanted it to be reduced to 2 households, not that it was just preferable to a full on ban!

Reactions: 1
I see! I thought you just meant you wanted it to be reduced to 2 households, not that it was just preferable to a full on ban!
yeah sorry I totally didn’t make that clear - it’s preferable of course than a total ban and it’s what I’m hoping for if we are to have more restrictions!! Obviously ideally it wouldn’t be the case but I’d rather at least that than nothing!

Reactions: 2
Oh no, I usually love your posts and always find myself agreeing with them but now I know you're Tottenham I shouldn't be fraternising with you! 😂
Husband is arsenal mad.
To be honest the only good thing to come out of another lockdown is no football!
Pfffff no no I’m not anything, I’m just a sit and nod and occasionally pretend to look at game kind of wife 😂 we can still fraternise! I only listened to this bit because it was rona related.

And haha I would agree but I’m not sure I can deal with the moping again.. ‘there’s not even football to look forward to, I’ve never not had football’ every couple of days got a bit tiring. Bless him.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Boris on at House of Commons at 12.30

Presume this is same message that will be on at 8pm?

Watching now so not clashing with Bake Off 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Also have been trying to book a flu jab with Boots but my cards kept getting rejected. Customer services said it was a site-wide issue. Then today I sat in the online queue for 20 minutes to be told they weren’t offering vaccines to anyone under 65 due to shortages. I thought the vaccine was different for under 65s as I was given it during the shortage two years ago? I’m not high risk (hence trying to book privately) so it’s not a huge deal, but I like to get it done because there is no one else to look after my daughter if I get ill. With all the social distancing, masks and hygiene measures hopefully cases of flu will be down anyway?
I went to book my jab last week and made a mistake on the form and it locked me out for a week. Went on today and boom, no under 65s due to shortages 😭

• Sad
all of their ridiculous language reminds me of double speak from 1984 :LOL:
Omg yes, they are probs rewriting all the news articles from the last couple of weeks about returning to the office as we speak 😂

Half joking 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 5
FFS why are DM posting articles showing people stockpiling?! They are creating this problem!

Went to sainsburys last night and needed loo roll, determined not to buy more than I need so I got 4 rolls 😂 I’m playing TP chicken like last time where I was using various packets of Kleenex tissues for about a week. Bring it on.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yeah hospitality going to take a big hit ,Premier Inn have announced 6,000 job losses
We usually use Premier Inn every Nov in London and the prices are usually silly (we usually pay around £245 for 2 nights) Checked the other day and you can get the exact same dates I had booked for just over £100 so they must be struggling as the prices have never been that cheap!

• Wow
Omg yes, they are probs rewriting all the news articles from the last couple of weeks about returning to the office as we speak 😂

Half joking 😬
i often wonder what people who speak English as a second language think its confusing enough for those of us who speak it as a first 😂

Reactions: 3
My partner missed the football too. Now it’s back again he’s watching any game he can on his phone even if it’s not the team he supports. I don’t mind, it’s just when he goes on a rant about VAR or goal line tech that I can’t be arsed😂 The other day he was watching a game and they showed two players sharing a drinks bottle. We both commented that they shouldn’t really be sharing bottles.

Christmas, stupidly told the kids we’d look at getting them a Switch (with no promises but you know how kids are), so I’m waiting for Black Friday and desperately hoping they will have a good deal because of the new PlayStation and Xbox consoles coming out. Also got one child’s birthday in a few weeks and few family birthdays before Xmas. The thought of it all makes me feel overwhelmed. If only money grew on trees....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.