Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If pubs can open and no one is social distancing I don't see why everywhere else cant.

Reactions: 8
Yes I agree but it's all we have right now ,since masks were brought in supermarkets have seen a loss in customers .Shielders and vulnerable are different categories there will be many more vulnerable people than there will be shielders if all these people were to isolate the economy will take a massive hit anyway from schools to supermarkets to hospitals that's why it's better to work with the advice than against it till treatments etc are found.

Yes I agree but ignoring the advice isn't going to get us any further forward it just adds to more lockdowns
All the vulnerable people I know who were not advised to shield are not going out anyway, so judging by this very small pool it will not make a change to economy. Letting people travel, letting various venues run at full capacity, letting people work without sd in place would.
We cannot carry on in a way we are doing now. Either we kill the economy and kill a lot of people with it, or we try to save the economy, kill vulnerable people but save other people. I am very glad that I am not the one making the choice.

Reactions: 6
I have family in Sweden and I'm not sure this is 100% the case. A lot of things that have stopped here are still going ahead. My cousins are involved in Scouting and they have been doing the usual summer camps etc with hardly any social distancing from what I have seen.
I don't know anyone in Sweden that was the reports that were online with pics showing the SD measures in cafe's ,beaches etc

Reactions: 1
Do you ever walk into a room,
and you know there’s been an argument because you could cut the tension with a knife,
but you really only came in for a hobnob so you walk awkwardly to the cupboard, get your biscuit and leave mommy and daddy to fight...

• Haha
Reactions: 27
and you know there’s been an argument because you could cut the tension with a knife,
but you really only came in for a hobnob so you walk awkwardly to the cupboard, get your biscuit and leave mommy and daddy to fight...

• Haha
  • Heart
best thing to do in that situation is take the whole packet so you dont have to go back in. 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
All the vulnerable people I know who were not advised to shield are not going out anyway, so judging by this very small pool it will not make a change to economy. Letting people travel, letting various venues run at full capacity, letting people work without sd in place would.
We cannot carry on in a way we are doing now. Either we kill the economy and kill a lot of people with it, or we try to save the economy, kill vulnerable people but save other people. I am very glad that I am not the one making the choice.
What do they class as vulnerable ,health conditions ,obesity, age ,BAME that is a lot of people

Do you think that right now Boris, Hancock and Whitty might be having the exact same conversation in their watsapp group?! 🤔😄
sorry just trying to lighten the mood, the thought made me smile
Yes!!! And then Rishi pops in amongst it asking if anyones been to the cinema 🤣🤣 @coconochanel 😂 cracked me up!

Local lockdowns remind me of class detentions, when 1 or 2 people are titting around but everyone gets punished.
I think long term, assuming this does go on for a while, the government need to to come down harder on the 1 or 2 that are titting about. So they get the detention as it were and everyone else who follows the rules can carry on as normal. I know it takes man power to enforce fines but create the jobs and people will fill them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Sorry but I just wholeheartedly think you are wrong.

There's been pandemics before and throughout history and life has gone back to normal. Things will go back to normal and probably sooner than we would think if only because money makes the world go round. Whether you think that's right or not, it's a fact.
I'm talking about now we can't live a normal life ,if we go against the advice it's setting us back I'd like to think they'd have some kind of treatments going forward for my kids sake if not mine ..

• Heart
Yes!!! And then Rishi pops in amongst it asking if anyones been to the cinema 🤣🤣 @coconochanel 😂 cracked me up!

Local lockdowns remind me of class detentions, when 1 or 2 people are titting around but everyone gets punished.
I think long term, assuming this does go on for a while, the government need to to come down harder on the 1 or 2 that are titting about. So they get the detention as it were and everyone else who follows the rules can carry on as normal. I know it takes man power to enforce fines but create the jobs and people will fill them.
We laugh...but this is probably how they’ve been making all the big decisions 🤦🏻‍♀️😄

And yep totally agree with you on lockdowns.

Reactions: 5
l know it takes man power to enforce fines but create the jobs and people will fill them.
I think so much of my frustration is because of the govt tit show. If we had properly funded services to crack down on people ignoring quarantines and a proper track and trace system, we can be back to some semblance of normal safely.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am more than ready for this to be a distant memory now. Honestly, my mental health has hit the skids big time since lockdown. Restrictions are being loosened but the damage is done. I’m with those saying that we need to get back to being a fully functioning society. I will never be one to downplay the severity of Covid, I’ve seen what it does to vulnerable people and it has been devastating, but existing without really living and with the threat and worry hanging over your head day and night is simply no life imo. Something has got to give.

And yes, I still wash my hands until they’re raw and maintain my distance as much as possible, before anyone asks.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I think so much of my frustration is because of the govt tit show. If we had properly funded services to crack down on people ignoring quarantines and a proper track and trace system, we can be back to some semblance of normal safely.
💯 to this ,they're out in force with £60 on the spot fines here for no facemasks but then people are complaining because not everyone has to wear one ..They can't win either way..

Reactions: 4
Yes 100%. They have been told by countless people they need to scale up the track and trace and have it working effectively before schools/offices etc reopen fully. Yet 2 weeks before schools open and it's just as tit as it always has been.
Start fining people and punish those doing wrong instead of punishing an entire county/town.

Does anyone do the yougov surveys? Today I had one asking about masks for children in secondary schools amongst other things. It's never something I have seen come up on there before, so I wonder if they're testing the waters for it?

Reactions: 9
Yes 100%. They have been told by countless people they need to scale up the track and trace and have it working effectively before schools/offices etc reopen fully. Yet 2 weeks before schools open and it's just as tit as it always has been.
Start fining people and punish those doing wrong instead of punishing an entire county/town.

Does anyone do the yougov surveys? Today I had one asking about masks for children in secondary schools amongst other things. It's never something I have seen come up on there before, so I wonder if they're testing the waters for it?
Some sec schools here have made it mandatory for both staff and pupils..

Reactions: 2
I work for an LA with low numbers and our local public health team is doing door knocking to track and trace to ensure people isolate, and stay isolated!

Reactions: 5
So many people are speaking sense on here today! We can’t stop living because of this virus and we will get back to normal life! How can we possibly live like this forever? There literally would be no jobs left. Just because some of us are trying to get back to normal doesn’t mean we don’t wear masks or wash our hands. If you are vulnerable then don’t go out it if scares you that much and if you are willing to stay inside until a vaccine that’s totally your choice. On the other end of it we’ve got people losing jobs and not being able to afford food to feed their families and worrying about keeping a roof over their head. Should we be ok with all the people who are in this situation? Should we be fine with the mental health crisis we are facing? Sick of people making us try to feel bad about wanting to get back to how life used to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Im still doing HANDS FACE SPACE

talk to the HAND
cause the FACE isn't listening
and give me some SPACE. :LOL:

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.