Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I could go back a year to when I was blissfully unaware of the word ‘furlough’ that would be fantastic.

Sick of the sight of it😅
I honestly don’t think I’d ever heard of the word before! At the beginning of lockdown a few people had started using it and I thought it was an American thing, but now it’s everywhereeee

Reactions: 9
yeah, Something tells me this set of restrictions will be more difficult to sell to the public than they were in March...
I thought the cases had gone down a bit ,,the flickering candles will be flying off the shelves tonight :ROFLMAO: I don't think it'll be easy to enforce anywhere now like they said covid fatigue has set in everywhere ..

Reactions: 1
My boyfriend has come home from work tonight covered head to toe in a raised red rash. Upon Googling, it turns out that 1 in 5 people who test positive for coronavirus have a rash and that this is their only symptom of the disease. I’ve bullied him into getting tested tomorrow as he was doing the typical blokey thing of “it’s probably just an allergy”. I’m trying not to freak out. 🙁
You've done the right thing getting him to get a test. It could be something as simple as heat rash but at least you'll know either way.

Reactions: 6
personally I can no longer hear the following phrases/ words...
Covid/Covid-19/Corona/Coronavirus
Boris Johnson
Public Health England
PPE
Stay at home
Furloughed
Epidemic
2 meters
1 meter
Keep a Distance
Distancing
Symptoms
cough
Restriction(s)

it’s been a long year I can no longer be bothered with anything now.🤯😂 It’s like living in a weird game/ tv programme.

I always say, imagine being in a coma in March and then coming out and hearing/ seeing us all fight for toilet roll, pasta, hand sanitizers. You’d think the world went mad 😭😭😭
Ok so the coma thing is very accurate!! So my dad went into hospital on 23rd March, he’d literally been unwell for a fortnight and hadn’t really left his bed during that time and he went in just before BoJo announced lockdown.

He can not get his head round social distancing or the measures at all! Despite the fact that he has GP’s, district nurses, physios etc in his house in full hazmat providing support, he’ll ask if they want a cuppa and a biscuit. He repeatedly says things like “Why don’t we get someone in to wallpaper the hall”. It’s so bizarre, it’s like because he didn’t watch it all happen he can’t adjust.

Should add, he’s 62, not elderly.

Reactions: 7
Ok so the coma thing is very accurate!! So my dad went into hospital on 23rd March, he’d literally been unwell for a fortnight and hadn’t really left his bed during that time and he went in just before BoJo announced lockdown.

He can not get his head round social distancing or the measures at all! Despite the fact that he has GP’s, district nurses, physios etc in his house in full hazmat providing support, he’ll ask if they want a cuppa and a biscuit. He repeatedly says things like “Why don’t we get someone in to wallpaper the hall”. It’s so bizarre, it’s like because he didn’t watch it all happen he can’t adjust.

Should add, he’s 62, not elderly.
Oh bless your dad! Yeah it must be utterly bizarre for someone if they weren’t present during this. Even if you see the videos or pictures it still doesn’t seem real! I remember going to 5 supermarkets before I could find basics (not to stockpile but to have) and realising it was really wild out there! sending virtual 💓 hope he gets better soon! (I know his out of hospital but with all the care)

Reactions: 3
You've done the right thing getting him to get a test. It could be something as simple as heat rash but at least you'll know either way.
Thank you.

I am going to stay indoors until the results come back.

I was meant to be going for work drinks on Friday (which seemed irresponsible to me anyway) so wait for my work to get uppity when I tell them I can’t make it if the results aren’t yet back.

Reactions: 5
If I could go back a year to when I was blissfully unaware of the word ‘furlough’ that would be fantastic.

Sick of the sight of it😅
Same, didn’t even know what the word meant until this year - had only ever heard it said before on an episode of orange is the new black 😂. Ugh

Or just be very British don’t mention the word Covid just use the phrase “everything that’s going in at the moment”

E.g I’m sorry I’ve not been able to visit you for a while what with everything going on at the moment.
😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh bless your dad! Yeah it must be utterly bizarre for someone if they weren’t present during this. Even if you see the videos or pictures it still doesn’t seem real! I remember going to 5 supermarkets before I could find basics (not to stockpile but to have) and realising it was really wild out there! sending virtual 💓 hope he gets better soon! (I know his out of hospital but with all the care)
I wish I could think of more examples, but the amount of things he says that would be very normal pre Covid but which are not ok now...it’s fascinating. By the time he was out of his coma things had began to ease up a bit and I’m sure he thinks we’re exaggerating how crazy it was 😂 We had him watch some of Trump’s craziest speeches and seeing his response was hilarious! Thank you so much for your kind wishes 🥰

• Heart
personally I can no longer hear the following phrases/ words...
Covid/Covid-19/Corona/Coronavirus
Boris Johnson
Public Health England
PPE
Stay at home
Furloughed
Epidemic
2 meters
1 meter
Keep a Distance
Distancing
Symptoms
cough
Restriction(s)

it’s been a long year I can no longer be bothered with anything now.🤯😂 It’s like living in a weird game/ tv programme.

I always say, imagine being in a coma in March and then coming out and hearing/ seeing us all fight for toilet roll, pasta, hand sanitizers. You’d think the world went mad 😭😭😭
Eat out to help out

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I finally have my hair appointment tomorrow after booking in ages ago and am very nervous about it (but definitely more excited, my hair is so tit right now). I hate small talk at the best of times but wearing a mask and having to partake will be worse because you can’t hear a bloody thing anyone is saying and they can’t make you out either. I hope the hairdresser isn’t in a chatty mood but I will be so glad once it’s done.

Reactions: 4
anyone risked the hairdressers and how was it? I really need a makeover but would like to know what to expect etc to put my mind at rest
I went to one for a consultation. Staff NOT wearing PPE nor clients. I left and cancelled my upcoming appt. Went to one that my mum recommended and it was a much better experience. Visor worn my staff, masks by clients. Gel available. Fewer clients in to allow for distancing. I think it depends where you go.... Though I hope my first experience isn't happening in many other salons.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.