Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something that always used to surprise me before all of this was how little people washed their hands. I lost count a long time ago of the number of times I've been queuing for the toilet and people have walked out without washing them. If they're happy doing that in public (with an audience), what are they like in private?

I know that it's on another level now but we shouldn't have to be running campaigns to remind people of basic hygiene measures.

Reactions: 13
So many people are speaking sense on here today! We can’t stop living because of this virus and we will get back to normal life! How can we possibly live like this forever? There literally would be no jobs left. Just because some of us are trying to get back to normal doesn’t mean we don’t wear masks or wash our hands. If you are vulnerable then don’t go out it if scares you that much and if you are willing to stay inside until a vaccine that’s totally your choice. On the other end of it we’ve got people losing jobs and not being able to afford food to feed their families and worrying about keeping a roof over their head. Should we be ok with all the people who are in this situation? Should we be fine with the mental health crisis we are facing? Sick of people making us try to feel bad about wanting to get back to how life used to be.
Of course everyone wants to get back to normal ,but how do we do it ?

Something that always used to surprise me before all of this was how little people washed their hands. I lost count a long time ago of the number of times I've been queuing for the toilet and people have walked out without washing them. If they're happy doing that in public (with an audience), what are they like in private?

I know that it's on another level now but we shouldn't have to be running campaigns to remind people of basic hygiene measures.
I remember being in a cafe toilet (pre covid ) and the person making the food walked out without washing their hands,safe to say I never ate there again :sick:

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Do you think that right now Boris, Hancock and Whitty might be having the exact same conversation in their watsapp group?! 🤔😄
sorry just trying to lighten the mood, the thought made me smile

The whole situation is just impossible People losing their jobs, not being able to afford food and bills, facing the risk of homelessness is just as pressing an issue as the vulnerable from the virus. Given the choice of being vulnerable and contracting covid or being young fit and healthy but losing my job and home and ability to feed myself...I’d struggle to make a choice. Devastating potential outcomes in either scenario.
Think there going to be talking about the Downing st thread to be honest 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
People in the ROI are being told to work from home and avoid public transport unless necessary ,over 70's to limit their outside contacts and avoid public transport only shop at a designated times ...

Reactions: 6
At this point I’m not even worried about the actual virus. I still only know 2 people that’s had it. Lockdown hasn’t financially affected me personally as I’ve worked throughout. But I’m worried about the long term effects on people - physically, mentally and financially.

My dad is now the only person on furlough at his work because he refused to leave the house until there was a vaccine. He’s slowly starting to come round to leaving for a walk etc but he point blank refuses to go back to work. What will happen then? They can’t keep putting him on furlough. He’s already had loads of time off sick so I fear that redundancy will be coming for him. He still doesn’t know of a single person that has tested positive. All he stalked about since February is the virus and how many people have died, I fear he won’t let us go near him for a very long time.

My stepdad is self employed and his biggest customer is the NHS - the practices that he works for have been closed or have massively reduced their operations so he has no work coming in. What will he do?

Imagine all the people sinking into depression and feeling suicidal, the people with cancer that hasn’t been caught because they’ve been turned away from appointments, the people experiencing complications from other illnesses. People with anxiety shutting themselves away from the world because going out in public with all these restrictions is too frightening, how will they cope when we go back to normal?

There will be no community spirit, in the shops people jump out of the way to avoid each other. I hate wearing a mask because you can’t figure out each other’s facial expressions, it’s very dehumanising and I hope that masks aren’t here to stay when it’s all over.

I just feel incredibly sad for what the world has become. The amount of people out of work, the amount of suicides, the amount of illnesses getting worse because of this whole situation. The effects will be felt for years and years.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Highly likely at this stage considering schools have just gone back it will be an isolated case or they'll see a couple more pop up with it.
Definitely don't think it will spread like wildfire at the moment.
Hopefully parent and child make a
So many people are speaking sense on here today! We can’t stop living because of this virus and we will get back to normal life! How can we possibly live like this forever? There literally would be no jobs left. Just because some of us are trying to get back to normal doesn’t mean we don’t wear masks or wash our hands. If you are vulnerable then don’t go out it if scares you that much and if you are willing to stay inside until a vaccine that’s totally your choice. On the other end of it we’ve got people losing jobs and not being able to afford food to feed their families and worrying about keeping a roof over their head. Should we be ok with all the people who are in this situation? Should we be fine with the mental health crisis we are facing? Sick of people making us try to feel bad about wanting to get back to how life used to be.
I have had to catch up with about 10 pages of this thread this afternoon but this post is the best thing that I have read!!

I am classed as vulnerable because I am pregnant but I am going out and living life as normally as possible in this situation. I have 2 small children and a husband that works long hours so I can’t just stay wrapped up at home. Yes I wear a mask, wash my hands, keep my distance but otherwise I’m trying to carry on.

There are risks with every element of normal life even before covid. In 2018 there were 160,500 deaths related to traffic accidents but still 33 million people hold driving licences. Yes covid is a risk to the vulnerable but so are many other things! And before this, there weren’t significant numbers of people shielding in their homes.

Its not even fact that there’s ever going to be a successful vaccine, then what? We can’t possibly live as we are at the moment forever. There would be no economy, no jobs, no homes, horrific poverty. Deaths in the millions through this poverty. Millions of deaths of people who have had treatment, tests etc put on the backburner or people who have struggled to see a doctor. Suicides... it just doesn’t bear thinking about. Whilst I’m desperately sorry to everyone who has been affected by this, and have lost family members, at what point do we say that person is more worth saving than another?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's only been a few months and people are writing everything off. It will be like every pandemic, after a while the threat will reduce and disappear. We won't always have to socially distance, wear masks etc. Life carries on but in the meantime we have to be kind to each other. Everyone has their own concerns. I get that some are worried about their jobs their homes, etc but I also feel for those who have been told to shield and that their lives are in danger but are now being told just to get on with it. It's a crap situation but it's a temporary one.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I have had to catch up with about 10 pages of this thread this afternoon but this post is the best thing that I have read!!

I am classed as vulnerable because I am pregnant but I am going out and living life as normally as possible in this situation. I have 2 small children and a husband that works long hours so I can’t just stay wrapped up at home. Yes I wear a mask, wash my hands, keep my distance but otherwise I’m trying to carry on.

There are risks with every element of normal life even before covid. In 2018 there were 160,500 deaths related to traffic accidents but still 33 million people hold driving licences. Yes covid is a risk to the vulnerable but so are many other things! And before this, there weren’t significant numbers of people shielding in their homes.

Its not even fact that there’s ever going to be a successful vaccine, then what? We can’t possibly live as we are at the moment forever. There would be no economy, no jobs, no homes, horrific poverty. Deaths in the millions through this poverty. Millions of deaths of people who have had treatment, tests etc put on the backburner or people who have struggled to see a doctor. Suicides... it just doesn’t bear thinking about. Whilst I’m desperately sorry to everyone who has been affected by this, and have lost family members, at what point do we say that person is more worth saving than another?
That's the thing I can't bring myself to say my life's worth more than anyone else's or my job means more than anyone else's .I keep up with the hygiene and SD where I can ..

Reactions: 1
On another note, here are some words/phrases that I’m sick of hearing and I wish they would quietly disappear back into obscurity 😂:

Masked up
Isolation
Shielding
Furlough
New normal 🤢🤢🤢
Social distancing
WFH
Pandemic
Quarantine
Lockdown
The Rona
Flatten the curve
Herd immunity
Super spreader

Any more? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
On another note, here are some words/phrases that I’m sick of hearing and I wish they would quietly disappear back into obscurity 😂:

Masked up
Isolation
Shielding
Furlough
New normal 🤢🤢🤢
Social distancing
WFH
Pandemic
Quarantine
Lockdown
The Rona
Flatten the curve
Herd immunity
Super spreader

Any more? 😂
COVID- 19 (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My boyfriend has come home from work tonight covered head to toe in a raised red rash. Upon Googling, it turns out that 1 in 5 people who test positive for coronavirus have a rash and that this is their only symptom of the disease. I’ve bullied him into getting tested tomorrow as he was doing the typical blokey thing of “it’s probably just an allergy”. I’m trying not to freak out. 🙁

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

Masked up
Isolation
Shielding
Furlough
New normal 🤢🤢🤢
Social distancing
WFH
Pandemic
Quarantine
Lockdown
The Rona
Flatten the curve
Herd immunity
Super spreader

Any more? 😂
I absolutely despise ‘new normal’!!!

Reactions: 10

Masked up
Isolation
Shielding
Furlough
New normal 🤢🤢🤢
Social distancing
WFH
Pandemic
Quarantine
Lockdown
The Rona
Flatten the curve
Herd immunity
Super spreader

Any more? 😂
personally I can no longer hear the following phrases/ words...
Covid/Covid-19/Corona/Coronavirus
Boris Johnson
Public Health England
PPE
Stay at home
Furloughed
Epidemic
2 meters
1 meter
Keep a Distance
Distancing
Symptoms
cough
Restriction(s)

it’s been a long year I can no longer be bothered with anything now.🤯😂 It’s like living in a weird game/ tv programme.

I always say, imagine being in a coma in March and then coming out and hearing/ seeing us all fight for toilet roll, pasta, hand sanitizers. You’d think the world went mad 😭😭😭

Reactions: 12
My boyfriend has come home from work tonight covered head to toe in a raised red rash. Upon Googling, it turns out that 1 in 5 people who test positive for coronavirus have a rash and that this is their only symptom of the disease. I’ve bullied him into getting tested tomorrow as he was doing the typical blokey thing of “it’s probably just an allergy”. I’m trying not to freak out. 🙁
It could be anything from hayfever to tonsillitis ,try not to worry ...

Reactions: 4
If I could go back a year to when I was blissfully unaware of the word ‘furlough’ that would be fantastic.

Sick of the sight of it😅

• Heart
Reactions: 11
personally I can no longer hear the following phrases/ words...
Covid/Covid-19/Corona/Coronavirus
Boris Johnson
Public Health England
PPE
Stay at home
Furloughed
Epidemic
2 meters
1 meter
Keep a Distance
Distancing
Symptoms
cough
Restriction(s)

it’s been a long year I can no longer be bothered with anything now.🤯😂 It’s like living in a weird game/ tv programme.

I always say, imagine being in a coma in March and then coming out and hearing/ seeing us all fight for toilet roll, pasta, hand sanitizers. You’d think the world went mad 😭😭😭
We're all a Rick Grimes of sort🤠

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Also add ‘Stay Alert’ to that list. Stay alert of what, Boris? Maybe you should be more alert when doing your hair in the mornings💁🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14
People in the ROI are being told to work from home and avoid public transport unless necessary ,over 70's to limit their outside contacts and avoid public transport only shop at a designated times ...

yeah, Something tells me this set of restrictions will be more difficult to sell to the public than they were in March...

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.