Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Local clothes banks will take them or ask at the school, every September I drop uniform in to school for them to distribute to children who they think most need it, I have given stuff away on local buy, sell sites too.

I agree soft plays are germ pits, but i think they could definitely make themselves covid secure.
Our school takes the used uniforms like yours ,the measures that would have been in place for our softplays were temp check limited number and SD ( don't know about that ) cleaning between sessions ..

Reactions: 1
Having a fed up today. I’m incredibly lucky to have worked through the pandemic and be able to work fine from home but my god I’m so bloody ready for my home to be my home again and not my office😩 I have a day off today but it’s so hard to switch off when you’re sat 2m away from where you have been working since the start of March🙄
I am day 3 of no job anymore.
Feeling bit sad and down.
Another week that's exactly same as last week.
Go no where, do nothing.
Trying concentrate on decluttering cleaning and organising in hope will improve my mood.
1 last pay packet defiantly going to hairdresser and buying a fitness tracker watch.
Reluctant start diet proper in August as we might have few meals out.
But September hope to snap out of if eat better and do more exercise.
I feel like I'm writing off August.
Will get see family soon some I haven't seen since Feb and Xmas.
Planning 3 massive food shops in case we get 2nd wave and every one starts panicking again.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Go no where, do nothing.
Trying concentrate on decluttering cleaning and organising in hope will improve my mood.
1 last pay packet defiantly going to hairdresser and buying a fitness tracker watch.
Planning 3 massive food shops in case we get 2nd wave and every one starts panicking again.
So sorry that you have lost your job ☹ Allow yourself time to be a bit sad about it! Sounds like you have some plans and things to look forward to to pick yourself up though. Fingers crossed for you, I hope it all works out and you are back working soon💗💗 this pandemic has been so brutal for the economy 😩

Reactions: 5
I think the increase in cases is a positive thing really, the more they pick up via testing, the more people who will be isolating. I would be more worried at this stage if they were only finding say 500 cases because we all know there are many more than that out there.

The government need to look at class sizes, that is where the main problem lies.
The schools seemed to manage fine when the bubbles were 10-15 pupils. If the government invested time and money in to the education system, built more classrooms, employed more staff and kept class sizes low then there would be much less drama over kids returning.

Does anyone know when soft plays might reopen? Surely if kids can mix in schools they can mix in a softplay. Limited numbers, adults in masks, ball pools closed as they're hard to clean but regular cleaning of the rest of it. Why are they dragging their feet over it? Or will they wait to reopen until September when kids are back to mixing as normal?
I saw on the news this morning a soft play in Wales opening, since children under 11 aren’t required to social distance. Hopefully only a matter of time before England follow!

Go no where, do nothing.
I didn't know you'd lost your job that's awful hope you find something soon x

So sorry that you have lost your job ☹ Allow yourself time to be a bit sad about it! Sounds like you have some plans and things to look forward to to pick yourself up though. Fingers crossed for you, I hope it all works out and you are back working soon💗💗 this pandemic has been so brutal for the economy 😩
Thank you I dident even love job.
Was just part time supermarket.
It has its risks even more these days with no restrictions how many allowed in, no social distancing in store and masks optional.
Just think it kept me sane I think as I worked through the pandemic it gave me chance leave the house and feel appreciates not just a sahm and the extra money was much needed as husband was furloughed.
I thourght I might have been kept onto Xmas as my shifts were covering maternity leave.

Now I just feel a bit lost I guess found out half way through last shift Friday your last shift today.
Thankfully we ok financially but was bit of
a shock.
I know I'm one of many who lost their jobs but super markets still viable but was told head office cutting wage budget I was temp contract so easily expendable.

I'm not rushing find another job as so hard find one local that fits in around the kids and husbands hours.
Who knows what will happen with school.
Focusing on making the house nice for autumn winter and decluttering.
Will try sell few things,batch cook more and do reductions hunt to try and reduce crazy grocery bill.

When I'm down I just want to shop eat and drink.

I didn't know you'd lost your job that's awful hope you find something soon x
Thanks only happened and found out for.
Taking a break as feel shattered home schooling working and having kids constantly at home eating and making mess as well as working has taken its toll.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There’s definitely more testing in my local town, they are here once a week now, when do people think the 2nd wave is coming? As it’s been coming since May!!

I don’t know about teens only spreading it when they are back at school, there are loads of groups of teens and primary ages kids trotting around my area

Reactions: 2
Thank you I dident even love job.
Was just part time supermarket.
It has its risks even more these days with no restrictions how many allowed in, no social distancing in store and masks optional.
Just think it kept me sane I think as I worked through the pandemic it gave me chance leave the house and feel appreciates not just a sahm and the extra money was much needed as husband was furloughed.
I thourght I might have been kept onto Xmas as my shifts were covering maternity leave.

Now I just feel a bit lost I guess found out half way through last shift Friday your last shift today.
Thankfully we ok financially but was bit of
a shock.
I know I'm one of many who lost their jobs but super markets still viable but was told head office cutting wage budget I was temp contract so easily expendable.

I'm not rushing find another job as so hard find one local that fits in around the kids and husbands hours.
Who knows what will happen with school.
Focusing on making the house nice for autumn winter and decluttering.
Will try sell few things,batch cook more and do reductions hunt to try and reduce crazy grocery bill.

When I'm down I just want to shop eat and drink.

Thanks only happened and found out for.
Taking a break as feel shattered home schooling working and having kids constantly at home eating and making mess as well as working has taken its toll.
Sorry to hear that, even though you didn't love it, it gives a sense of purpose. A few more weeks and the schools will be back, enjoy this time and catch up on all the things you want to do. I’m sure something will come up.

Soft plays can stay closed for as long as they need they are complete germ factories many with questionable cleaning practices when it comes to the play areas so I’m happy for them to remain closed. When the weather is good you’re better off going somewhere outdoors anyway. I do wonder how some of them will stay afloat though I expect some will end up having to shut down which would be a huge shame.

I’m annoyed at the fact I have to buy new uniforms when the ones from last year seem barely used! I think I’ll look for somewhere that takes in second hand school clothes as it seems a shame to just throw them.

I also agree that comments on teachers are unfair. In my personal experience the teachers at my children’s school have honestly done all they can throughout this lockdown to help us parents educate our kids. When schools opened partially they were all going in on rotation and the ones at home would sort out the work for the kids still at home. No it’s not quite the same as working on the ‘front line’ in a hospital or what ever but I feel a lot of people are so ready to jump on teachers. We need to remember that just because a union says something it doesn’t necessarily mean all teachers agree with it. Good and bad in every profession but teachers are almost resented in this country at times it’s no wonder people are leaving the profession. I couldn’t do it not with all the summer holidays in the world.
Our school ptfa sell uniform

I am so looking forward to if they say children under 11 in England don't need to social distance (as in Scotland and Wales), feel like I'm comitting a crime everytime i play with my nieces or give them a goodnight cuddle!

Reactions: 8
I am so looking forward to if they say children under 11 in England don't need to social distance (as in Scotland and Wales), feel like I'm comitting a crime everytime i play with my nieces or give them a goodnight cuddle!
Honestly if social media is anything to go by I think most people have given up trying to keep their kids separate when they meet up. I totally get why so no shade from me.

Reactions: 8
Going to be honest we’ve had a couple of play dates this summer (outside) and I just let them play, I can’t force them to keep a distance it’s too cruel. I do avoid busy playgrounds though!

Reactions: 6
My kids are now back out meeting friends. They're 12 and almost 14 and I know full well that they won't be social distancing but they're back at school in a few weeks anyway. I thought I'd be super strict with me being shielding but the difference in them both since I've allowed them to go out is like night and day. I've said absolutely no sleepovers yet though and do make them shower as soon as they come home.

Reactions: 10
I have had a few playdates. Me and the mum socially distanced and mostly outdoors but not expecting the kids to. Just making a point of washing hands when we arrive (or asking them to when they arrive)

Reactions: 4
Yeah I've run out of sympathy for the teachers now
Can I ask why? Teachers want to be protected and they should be. Many workers who face customers/public are protected by being able to wear ppe. Supermarket workers are now more protected by shoppers having to wear PPE. Teachers should have the same protection. I for one am hoping that at the very least we're allowed to wear a visor.

Can I ask why? Teachers want to be protected and they should be. Many workers who face customers/public are protected by being able to wear ppe. Supermarket workers are now more protected by shoppers having to wear PPE. Teachers should have the same protection. I for one am hoping that at the very least we're allowed to wear a visor.
I did apologise for my generalisation further in the thread and I should have said unions. I do personally feel that the unions do make some unrealistic requests at times. Much of the ppe wasn't always around for those working with the public at the height of the pandemic and we still had to work. I do think that teachers should have the choice whether to wear a mask or not, I don't think that is unreasonable but we have had months to prepare for schools opening and the government and teaching unions seem to still be at loggerheads. I hope they start working together

Kids here have done summer camps, soft play, birthday parties and a school meet up with their new teachers 😬

the teachers were brilliant, so welcoming and excited to get back in the classroom.
no bubbles or social distancing 😆
Just no parents allowed in classrooms 🤷‍♀️ Schoolyard drop off and collection.

hopefully the plan works and everyone keeps safe.....and in school 😆

Reactions: 5
Noooo this can't be true...kids don't get it or pass it on remember? 😳😳 #giveschoolstaffppe
Apparently it was 3 staff and one child or 3 kids and 1 staff ,but the bubble of 16 are isolating ..

Kids here have done summer camps, soft play, birthday parties and a school meet up with their new teachers 😬

the teachers were brilliant, so welcoming and excited to get back in the classroom.
no bubbles or social distancing 😆
Just no parents allowed in classrooms 🤷‍♀️ Schoolyard drop off and collection.

hopefully the plan works and everyone keeps safe.....and in school 😆
Will they be going back the full 5 days ?

Been for my first eat out to help out meal tonight. £26 for 2 full 3 course meals. Really can’t complain and the restaurant was nice and well managed.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.