Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Greece have added more restrictions bars to close from midnight til 7am and people from certain countries have to arrive with a negative test ..

Reactions: 4
I have always been on the skinny side and underweight, no restrictive eating just how I have been. As a child, I remember getting weighed in school and the school nurse saying how awful it was that I was underweight and giving my mum a hard time. I will never forget it. Even now as an adult, when I get weighed at the dr, I don't look at the scale. I hope they don't do this at schools. Children have been through enough trauma the past few months, leave their weight out of it. Schools doing this would be absolutely atrocious.
My youngest is very very slim. When they do the weight checks at ours the bit that shows the weight goes in a box so the children can't see. Mine won't be weighed again in year 6. My eldest has been picked on for her weight. Some of the girls made a diet club, told her what to eat and did laps of the playground to excercise instead if playing at break and lunch. She had only just turned 8! She's slimmed down loads over lockdown

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Putin said the vaccine is voluntary whoever wants to receive it ,he's also said his own daughter has had it :oops:... but of course he hasn't had it 😂he 's letting her test it out :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: 1
New Zealand has had an outbreak a family in Auckland , they'd just reached 100 days with no community transmission :(

• Sad
Reactions: 5
New Zealand has had an outbreak a family in Auckland , they'd just reached 100 days with no community transmission :(
No confirmed tests though. Residents in a retirement village are displaying symptoms but nobody knows yet if it is actually an outbreak. But I feel like it was inevitable and that this would always of happened. How long can you keep out the virus ripping through the majority of the world?

Reactions: 6
No confirmed tests though. Residents in a retirement village are displaying symptoms but nobody knows yet if it is actually an outbreak. But I feel like it was inevitable and that this would always of happened. How long can you keep out the virus ripping through the majority of the world?
The Daily Mail have said they announced a lockdown it's a family that have no links to overseas travel ,unless this is another one ? I wonder how they picked it up ?

Would anyone here actually take a vaccine now. 😬
Not just Russia but if America or the U.K. said they had one ready for use?

Reactions: 1
Would anyone here actually take a vaccine now. 😬
Not just Russia but if America or the U.K. said they had one ready for use?
Something tested for a couple of months on a few thousand people? When they're still changing their minds day by day on how long antibodies last and what the infection pattern is?

It gets a big "not in a hurry for it" from me, sorry.

Reactions: 7
Probably. I'm satisfied that it is based on an existing vaccination which I may have already had, plus they've thrown loads of money at it and prioritised it.

I’d have it on the basis that we can all go back to normal but then again it would need a lot of people to have it for that to happen and I’m not sure how many fake ups there would actually be.

Reactions: 2
I’m not in any rush to get it 😂 I know people won’t agree with me but I just don’t trust that it will be safe.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t usually read Covid news but the stories this morning caught my eye. I can’t believe these cases have popped up in New Zealand after over 100 days Covid free.. And according to an article I read on sky news up to 40% of carriers could be asymptomatic 😱

I would trust and have a UK developed vaccine I think. Purely because I don’t think it’ll ever go away if we don’t (if that many people are carrying the virus without knowing!!)

Probably. I'm satisfied that it is based on an existing vaccination which I may have already had, plus they've thrown loads of money at it and prioritised it.
The government threw lots of money at ventilators (at the start of all this, which it seems now caused more long lasting problems than they solved), then at Nightingale Hospitals (which they never used), then at PPE (much of which it's reported is unfit for purpose), then at testing (which was a mess even before it emerged they were just writing so many deaths off as covid without rechecking them, or rejecting millions of test kits).

But yea maybe the money thrown at the various companies and university research groups claiming they have a working vaccine will be the thing they finally get right ...

• Haha
The government threw lots of money at ventilators (at the start of all this, which it seems now caused more long lasting problems than they solved), then at Nightingale Hospitals (which they never used), then at PPE (much of which it's reported is unfit for purpose), then at testing (which was a mess even before it emerged they were just writing so many deaths off as covid without rechecking them, or rejecting millions of test kits).

But yea maybe the money thrown at the various companies and university research groups claiming they have a working vaccine will be the thing they finally get right ...
They're bound to strike it lucky sometime 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3

I merely stated why I would be happy to have it 😊 I trust scientists more then I trust the government.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.