Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just jumping on the teacher bandwagon. I know America is completely crazy with cases, hardly social distance and seem to think this is a hoax but a school in Georgia was only back open for a week before it had to shut down and do home learning again because they couldn't control the sheer amount of pupils in hallways and mixing with each other and the teachers. They couldn't even enforce mask wearing! I think Boris needs to set out CLEAR rules in schools that are mandatory and enforced by the senior members of staff or we will have mayhem, especially in senior schools.

This has been our problem all along. Boris is never clear and concise, he just waffles. I work in a school and I am absolutely itching to go back as its my first year having my own class but I know first hand how grubby kids can be! I dont recommend wearing a mask in the classroom but I would say if a pupil is leaving their bubble to use the restroom or go to office, a mask needs to be worn. Same applies for teachers. Same way you do in a restaurant when youre not eating, mask on. I dont know how they'll get around mixing between school friends, families and then add teachers and their families and THEIR friends. It does have the potential to spread so much more in schools because teachers so much more hands on with each other in the sense where if you potentially share a pencil with a child who might've had the end of it in his mouth 5 mins prior, you now have his germs. I can write a list of aslong as my front door of all germ transmission in schools.

Reactions: 6
Just jumping on the teacher bandwagon. I know America is completely crazy with cases, hardly social distance and seem to think this is a hoax but a school in Georgia was only back open for a week before it had to shut down and do home learning again because they couldn't control the sheer amount of pupils in hallways and mixing with each other and the teachers. They couldn't even enforce mask wearing! I think Boris needs to set out CLEAR rules in schools that are mandatory and enforced by the senior members of staff or we will have mayhem, especially in senior schools.

This has been our problem all along. Boris is never clear and concise, he just waffles. I work in a school and I am absolutely itching to go back as its my first year having my own class but I know first hand how grubby kids can be! I dont recommend wearing a mask in the classroom but I would say if a pupil is leaving their bubble to use the restroom or go to office, a mask needs to be worn. Same applies for teachers. Same way you do in a restaurant when youre not eating, mask on. I dont know how they'll get around mixing between school friends, families and then add teachers and their families and THEIR friends. It does have the potential to spread so much more in schools because teachers so much more hands on with each other in the sense where if you potentially share a pencil with a child who might've had the end of it in his mouth 5 mins prior, you now have his germs. I can write a list of aslong as my front door of all germ transmission in schools.
I don't understand why they just won't let teachers have PPE if they want it .I can't see many parents objecting ,surely if teachers want to wear it and feel comfortable doing so whats the problem?

Reactions: 11
Ive been to mcdonalds with my brother 😁😂 I didnt want to eat in though so we sat out at the tables. Still got the 50% off though 👍🏻 It felt so good to do something normal. We always used to go places together as we're really close but we've not been anywhere since lockdown. We walked too so it gave us time for a good natter 🙂 I know it was only a MaccyD's but it was lovely.

Reactions: 8
I don't understand why they just won't let teachers have PPE if they want it .I can't see many parents objecting ,surely if teachers want to wear it and feel comfortable doing so whats the problem?
Honestly I cant understand it either. I think the last thing any teacher wants to do is wear a mask for 7 hours a day but if it reduces transmission and has the kids in school then they will do that! I don't know why the government aha such a big issue with it. Its all so silly.

Reactions: 4
Honestly I cant understand it either. I think the last thing any teacher wants to do is wear a mask for 7 hours a day but if it reduces transmission and has the kids in school then they will do that! I don't know why the government aha such a big issue with it. Its all so silly.
It'll end up with the unions calling for an all out strike !

I know someone posted on here they were going to Greece. Just seen this on Molly-Mae’s Instagram and thought it could be useful info for some.
I saw on FB a family were left stranded over the same issue ..

Reactions: 1

My experience so far is that the schools gave been more organised and concise then Boris and Co (though that's not hard to be fair 😂). Both primary and secondary have staggered times and separate entrances/exits for different year groups. Secondary have staggered lesson times for year gps so if any classes do need to move they can do so without the risk of meeting others. I agree teachers should be allowed to access ppe though.

My experience so far is that the schools gave been more organised and concise then Boris and Co (though that's not hard to be fair 😂). Both primary and secondary have staggered times and separate entrances/exits for different year groups. Secondary have staggered lesson times for year gps so if any classes do need to move they can do so without the risk of meeting others. I agree teachers should be allowed to access ppe though.
This is so true. My kids primary has been really clear and concise with their instructions for the start of term and explaining how the bubbles will work and stuff, it’s been really helpful in feeling safe and reducing anxiety around them going back. Stark contrast in comparison to BJ who never actually says much of anything. Even when we went into lockdown he never actually used the word ‘lockdown’ from what I remember but spent plenty of time dancing around it “go to work but don’t go to work stay home but go out if you have to...”. If the head teacher of a school can manage it, then why can’t the man who’s running our country and is presumably coached on public speaking? Boris worries me... his supporters even more so.

Reactions: 5
This is so true. My kids primary has been really clear and concise with their instructions for the start of term and explaining how the bubbles will work and stuff, it’s been really helpful in feeling safe and reducing anxiety around them going back. Stark contrast in comparison to BJ who never actually says much of anything. Even when we went into lockdown he never actually used the word ‘lockdown’ from what I remember but spent plenty of time dancing around it “go to work but don’t go to work stay home but go out if you have to...”. If the head teacher of a school can manage it, then why can’t the man who’s running our country and is presumably coached on public speaking? Boris worries me... his supporters even more so.
We're the opposite here our school were to get back to us about the bubbles etc but the teachers aren't happy with the 5 days a week rule ,the education board is meet on Wednesday with whatever safety plan they've set out to keep schools safe ...It's cutting it fine as some were to start back next week ..

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Our school has also given clear guidelines for returning to school. Teachers are able to wear ppe if they want to. My youngest went back for a few weeks before end of term and it was all very organised, my senior age daughter hasn’t been in school since March. We are all looking forward to the new school year and I have no reservations about them returning.

Reactions: 5
duck off....
then duck all the way off again.

Oh hell no. Do we want a generation of kids growing up with eating disorders or at best a fucked up view of food and weight? They get weighed in reception and then year 6 where I am and they don’t make a big deal out of it, I would be against it happening anymore frequently than this. Horrifying that it’s even being discussed as a slight possibility.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh hell no. Do we want a generation of kids growing up with eating disorders or at best a fucked up view of food and weight? They get weighed in reception and then year 6 where I am and they don’t make a big deal out of it, I would be against it happening anymore frequently than this. Horrifying that it’s even being discussed as a slight possibility.
I’d rather they did a regular nit check!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
duck off....

I was overweight as a child and this would have been my nightmare. It's cruel.

Burden the parents with the concern if it needs to happen, not the child. They're the ones buying the food after all. (I know not always the case at secondary but at least for meals at home).

duck off....

I distinctly remember being weighed in year 6 and it really really traumatised me. I’m really tall (6ft now but even then I was much taller than my class mates) so naturally weighed more than them. I remember how nervous I was for that and comparing the numbers to classmates. This would be so damaging for so many children. I have had many issues with food and my body growing up and being weighed in school is the first memory I have of it.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I don’t like the saying ‘new normal’ but I’ll take a routine that doesn’t involve lockdown and schools going back !
I refuse to say ‘new normal’ because I feel like that’s saying it’ll always be that way.

I’ll definitely take the freedoms we can get at the moment but I just want some hope of realnormality one day 🤦‍♀️

I really do think we’ll return closely to the old normal one day. I think some things will always stay with us like increased hygiene (not a bad thing) and more people able to work from home. I just refuse to believe we will always have to social distance & go into lockdowns. Pandemics have happened before more than once and long ago and we weren’t living with social distancing from them. I do think that it might be more common to see people wearing masks during flu season or on public transport but I think that will be out of choice, I don’t believe they will be mandatory. I just hope it doesn’t take too long, most other pandemics have been 12-24 months so I am desperately praying that by next year this is not resulting in so many deaths and that we don’t have to live with this fear.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.