Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know where to sit on this mask wearing debate. I have a mask because I rely on public transport to go out, ive been refused entry on buses until my mask is on but taxis... all the local taxis are plastered in ‘wear a mask it’s the law’ stickers, i was told very sternly by one that w/o a mask I couldn’t use the taxi — but I've had more taxi rides recently where none of the drivers are wearing masks and outright refuse to wear them, one of them even told me to take my mask off before I got in... 🤷🏻‍♀️ I wear mine as much as possible but find it really hard recently - I get really hot and woozy/lightheaded. 🙃
i bleeping bleeping bleeping bleeping bleeping HATE the bleeping mask,
Now,
a few weeks ago I came on here saying “stop being a twit and just wear the bleeping mask”

I still stand by that but duck my virtue signalling 🤣😂
My personality swings towards “toddler tantrum” more than “woke witch” so I’m reposting with my true feelings.

I bleeping HATE THE bleeping MASK.
I wear glasses,
they fog up no matter what I do, I’m not going back to contacts, duck that.

I hate breathing in my own breath,
I don’t care how minty fresh it might be a bleeping hate it.
I get anxious when I can’t breath and I’m fogged up to duck because my glasses are not playing ball.

I touch my face more than I ever have,
I ADMIT I’M A RULE BREAKER
I sneakily pull it away from my face because I feel trapped - it makes me anxious,
I’m probably touching my face and grocery’s more than I ever did before, I whip it off as soon as I can and leave it until the last second to put it on.

I hate it 🤣😂 excuse my honesty I’m having a weak moment 🤣😂😂🤣

“I wear my mask for you, you wear your mask for me
Get fucked I probably don’t even like you, I hate that I have to wear this to “protect you” I’m selfish, I don’t give a duck about you. I need a snack and a nap.
Warned everyone - toddler.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I’m glad that the little germ breeders (under 11s) aren’t having to wear masks because I’m seriously worried about the immune systems of this country, everyone will be getting every bug going.

Reactions: 7
Now,
a few weeks ago I came on here saying “stop being a twit and just wear the bleeping mask”

My personality swings towards “toddler tantrum” more than “woke witch” so I’m reposting with my true feelings.

I wear glasses,

I get anxious when I can’t breath and I’m fogged up to duck because my glasses are not playing ball.

I sneakily pull it away from my face because I feel trapped - it makes me anxious,
I’m probably touching my face and grocery’s more than I ever did before, I whip it off as soon as I can and leave it until the last second to put it on.

Get fucked I probably don’t even like you, I hate that I have to wear this to “protect you” I’m selfish, I don’t give a duck about you. I need a snack and a nap.
I didn't think it was a rule that dogs had to wear masks :giggle:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3

Have a look and see what you think ?
No thank you leading by saying this person is vocal in being averse to vaccines doesn't give me much faith in their opinion.

Reactions: 10
Now,

I wear glasses,

I'm the same. I have bought some anti fog wipes which seem to be helping but, other than that, masks are so, so hard when you wear glasses

Reactions: 2
No thank you leading by saying this person is vocal in being averse to vaccines doesn't give me much faith in their opinion.
Well she is a medical doctor and has 40 plus years experience in the field!! Her opinions Have to count for something?

Decided to have family over for a barbecue tomorrow. I'm not sure what the guidelines are or aren't anymore but we've stuck to the rules this whole time. They'll be 11 of us in total and we have a huge garden so not issue with spacing chairs out. I think it'll do us all some good and if my kids can go to school in September and mix with a year group of 300+ then I'm having my family in my garden. Thoroughly pissed off with this year!
I hope you have a wonderful time with your family today. To me it’s madness that you can congregate in a pub surrounded by numerous other households with no masks and probably dodgy social distancing, but you technically can’t have your own family round for a gathering in the garden. The rules are fucked I don’t blame anyone for doing their own thing at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Now,

I wear glasses,

Ive found that rubbing washing up liquid on my lenses then rinsing it off helps prevent them fogging up, also positioning glasses so they sit just on top of the mask on your nose also helps. Still frustrating though I know!

Reactions: 4
Now,

I wear glasses,

Pahahahha I could have written this! I also pull the mask away just so I can get a gulp of air that isn't just what I'm recycling into it. They make me feel sick. I touch my face more with one on in 1 shop than I've probably touched my face in the past month. I also had the lovely sweat pool under it yesterday with the delicious heat.

I don't want to wear one standard. Hated them when I worked in a vets - I had to sit down in ops because I went dizzy so it's just a living nightmare now.

Sooner they piss off the better. Can't be doing much good if every mofo town is being threatened with local lockdowns lol

Reactions: 6
The key for glasses wearers is to get the mask that moulds to your face more. The surgical ones, or even fabric in that style which is basically just a straight rectangle leave a gap around your nose and under your eye which so all your air is directed under your glasses. Something that forms around your nose solves the problem.

Reactions: 4
16 kids at a nursery in Bury have been infected staff and pupils are isolating but the nursery remains open

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
also positioning glasses so they sit just on top of the mask on your nose also helps. Still frustrating though I know!
Doesn't work with verifocals. My optician has suggested a strip of surgical tape over the top on the mask and the face as it seals any gaps.

This is another discussion for another thread - not here, thank you! - Please read our rules and why they're important
Well she is a medical doctor and has 40 plus years experience in the field!! Her opinions Have to count for something?
When one searches for her you discover she believes the disproved myth that vaccines cause autism. Given this, I am prone to distrust her scientific opinions on Covid...

I really dislike mask wearing. I hate breathing my own breath, and I end up constantly fidgeting with it. I’ve mentioned before they’re compulsory everywhere here, but we’re in lockdown and only allowed out for an hour of exercise a day or to do a grocery shop/go to work if we’re an essential worker. So the reality is I’m not wearing mine much as I’m barely ever out! When I am out I am compliant and annoyed 😅

I am trying really hard to not just feel angry and resentful at governments everywhere who didn’t handle this properly to begin with. Also at people doing stupid stuff (ie not quarantining while waiting for test results).

Last edited:
Doesn't work with verifocals. My optician has suggested a strip of surgical tape over the top on the mask and the face as it seals any gaps.
A piece of tissue paper along the top is supposed to work too,,

Reactions: 1
Have you tried it?
No I saw it online, the guy folded the paper into a long strip and put it over the bridge of his nose then put the face mask and glasses on .The tissue is supposed to absorb the fog

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.