Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's the Gov data I check they upload everyday along with hospital admissions etc
I don’t feel that I trust their data - or very much any data relating to Covid at the moment.
I don’t usually feel like this, I usually have faith in pretty much most things. I have witnessed so much disorganisation / mixed messages, and possibly false information in recent months - and that’s just at work (I work for a local authority).
It’s made me doubt almost everything I read / I am told.
The testing figures seem odd, as I can get a test easily now - but couldn’t three weeks ago.

Reactions: 4
I don’t feel that I trust their data - or very much any data relating to Covid at the moment.
I don’t usually feel like this, I usually have faith in pretty much most things. I have witnessed so much disorganisation / mixed messages, and possibly false information in recent months - and that’s just at work (I work for a local authority).
It’s made me doubt almost everything I read / I am told.
The testing figures seem odd, as I can get a test easily now - but couldn’t three weeks ago.
Yes I agree It never really adds up IMO ,especially as their unable to supply care homes with tests but apparently they're readily available if and when the public need them..

Could the testing capacity be down to more test centres and appointments there being available, rather than more home tests being available? I know last week they said there had been an issue with a home test kit which the care homes were meant to be getting but that it had been sorted and they'd be getting them now.

Reactions: 2
I went to another brunch yesterday, it was the same chain of restaurants as last week but a different area. Last week I ordered food from the waitress with no face covering, this week everything has to be ordered through an app but no one was wearing face coverings

We went to an outdoor bar after and that was managed very well, although I don't remember them asking for contact details but I guess they would have them from the booking.

My town is now an area of concern (near the bottom on the last very long list i saw) and my workplace is the test centre. Yes more positive cases come as more get tested but the death rate is still staying so low!! With my job role I expected to know and hear of a wildfire sweep of cases and deaths but we've had barely any. Not saying it's not there but outside of Docs/Nurses (also have nurse friends who are confused as the local hospital has never been overrun by corona cases) my role would be exposed to the majority of cases and the last recorded we were informed of was in May. What we have seen, however is a huge spike in mental health and anxiety reports inc suicide unfortunately which seems to be ignored. Standard govt ignoring MH though.

I really don't understand the agenda. It's still a virus with a 99.6% survival rate. There are no special bins for masks etc for an apparent wildfire virus so what am I missing?

If we have a local lockdown and I can't get away on my staycation which is the only thing keeping me going at the moment I don't know what I'll do.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
looks pretty static on the gov data..
Not really. This pic is from the gov website:
Screenshot_20200808-093840_Chrome.jpg

The blue line is tests processed. Quite a steep rise recently.
Here is the link:

Reactions: 1
Not really. This pic is from the gov website:
View attachment 205334
The blue line is tests processed. Quite a steep rise recently.
Here is the link:
I said they've been sitting round the 170,000 mark for a while now the highest tests processed this month was August 1st 190.220 the number above was second all the other days have been lower August 4th they achieved 158,666 I don't feel there has been a massive jump

My friends just told me she thinks she’s got Covid but is sitting booking a holiday to Greece! I mean, to be fair, I think she probably hasn’t got it and is only exaggerating, but COME ON.
She will waste her money 😂 Greece are swabbing on arrival and if positive, you go into government approved buildings until you can get a flight home

I only know this because I’m going to Crete in October

Reactions: 5
I'm getting married tomorrow! All guests have to wear masks, this was only told to us this Monday when updated government guidance came in. Reunited with my parents for the first time in 8 months tonight so there were lots of tears! Think my dad is quietly upset that he can't walk me down the aisle but the main thing is the ceremony can go ahead with our nearest and dearest. Got a pub meal afterwards which was touch and go this week after Boris' announcement last Friday but they've moved us to outside which given the weather forecast is 34° tomorrow is probably a good thing. Now just got to worry about sweat proofing my hair and make up 😂
Amazing! I hope it’s a wonderful day! At least in years to come it’ll be a really interesting story to tell future generations: why all the guests are in masks! Congratulations xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My kids are desperate for masks, not for any safety reasons but because they think it's cool 😆
Well lets be honest unless its a medical mask (the blue one) you do feel a bit of a gangster wearing one. I feel like I should be in the Kanye west 'run this town' music video. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Well lets be honest unless its a medical mask (the blue one) you do feel a bit of a gangster wearing one. I feel like I should be in the Kanye west 'run this town' music video. :giggle:
I do love the fact I can get away with just a bit of eyeliner too 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I said they've been sitting round the 170,000 mark for a while now the highest tests processed this month was August 1st 190.220 the number above was second all the other days have been lower August 4th they achieved 158,666 I don't feel there has been a massive jump
703,388 tests processed so far this week in comparison to 614,778 last week. An increase of 14.4%. Throughout July 3,580,439 tests were processed in comparison to 2,465,814 in June. So testing is increasing.

Reactions: 5
I'm getting married tomorrow! All guests have to wear masks, this was only told to us this Monday when updated government guidance came in. Reunited with my parents for the first time in 8 months tonight so there were lots of tears! Think my dad is quietly upset that he can't walk me down the aisle but the main thing is the ceremony can go ahead with our nearest and dearest. Got a pub meal afterwards which was touch and go this week after Boris' announcement last Friday but they've moved us to outside which given the weather forecast is 34° tomorrow is probably a good thing. Now just got to worry about sweat proofing my hair and make up 😂
Hope you have a wonderful day

• Heart
Amazing! I hope it’s a wonderful day! At least in years to come it’ll be a really interesting story to tell future generations: why all the guests are in masks! Congratulations xxx
Thank you! I can't wait, it's just such a relief it can go ahead. It was our plan all along to have a v small wedding with a big party next year xx

Hope you have a wonderful day
Thank you xx
I'm just worried at having to wean myself off Tattle for the day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ireland.
Why the country will forever be known know as Bally-go-backwards.

shut down 3 counties,
Do duck all about the meat factories which is where the bleeping virus has spread.
Shut the pubs and restaurants (because Offaly and Kildare has a social scene to die for, They’ll just have lock ins anyway 🤣 pretty sure they’re all related)
Meat factories, you’re fine, we washed the floors and stuff.

residents can still travel for work -
Kildare is a bleeping commuter town for Dublin, thousands go to Dublin for work daily 🙄 it’s Dublin lite. With a stronger accent and questionable hygiene. I said it.

But lets just be a bit more bleeping stupid.
Everyone in Kildare experiencing symptoms should get tested.... clever idea, excellent.

Where should they get tested...
Well, The corona testing station. 🙄
And where is that...
Eh, it’s in Dublin.

Again, I would like to unsubscribe from this tit show and remove myself from the mailing list.
I’m sure.

Reactions: 8
I don’t know where to sit on this mask wearing debate. I have a mask because I rely on public transport to go out, ive been refused entry on buses until my mask is on but taxis... all the local taxis are plastered in ‘wear a mask it’s the law’ stickers, i was told very sternly by one that w/o a mask I couldn’t use the taxi — but I've had more taxi rides recently where none of the drivers are wearing masks and outright refuse to wear them, one of them even told me to take my mask off before I got in... 🤷🏻‍♀️ I wear mine as much as possible but find it really hard recently - I get really hot and woozy/lightheaded. 🙃

Reactions: 3
Trivial I know but corona litter constantly seeing masks and gloves all over park and pavements makes change from drug cylinders.

My worry about schools are these things

Infection rates too high
Track and trace system inadequate no working app.
No ppe for education staff.
Vunerable people who were sheilding back in population possibly including sone teaching staff .
Crowded public transport mixing up schools and year groups.
Less social distancing. Unlimited amount people allowed in store these days.
Masks optional
Combination of people hitting bars and restaurants to eat out to help out and people going away then not quarantine worries me about the spread.

Some mixed feelings work they let me go.
I was only temp contract.
They massivly cutting wage budget sacked contract cleaners so expect store staff to clean.
They stopped managing numbers at the door restricting how many customers came in at one time and stopped staff from social distancing at tills.
Maybe with 2nd wave I'm safer at home as have kids back at school
Seems food retailers all the ones I frequent become lot less strict.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.