Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know what helps with glasses.

not wearing the bleeping mask!!
but apparently that’s frowned upon 😏 Even if you run when they try to catch you...
(always go through the baby isle, the strollers are a good barrier between you and the assistant. 😐)

damn I miss the days when I attempted to say what I knew people wanted to hear 🤣😂
But its to bleeping hot.

And while I’m at it if schools don’t reopen the kids are going to play with the traffic.
they can go run around the isles of Tesco when it’s raining.

I am not playing anymore. 😆 I need to exit the corona thread 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
She will waste her money 😂 Greece are swabbing on arrival and if positive, you go into government approved buildings until you can get a flight home

I only know this because I’m going to Crete in October
Greece aren’t swabbing on arrival. We’ve all just returned from a week in Greece. No temp checks or anything

Reactions: 1
This is another discussion for another thread - not here, thank you! - Please read our rules and why they're important
When one searches for her you discover she believes the disproved myth that vaccines cause autism. Given this, I am prone to distrust her scientific opinions on Covid...

I really dislike mask wearing. I hate breathing my own breath, and I end up constantly fidgeting with it. I’ve mentioned before they’re compulsory everywhere here, but we’re in lockdown and only allowed out for an hour of exercise a day or to do a grocery shop/go to work if we’re an essential worker. So the reality is I’m not wearing mine much as I’m barely ever out! When I am out I am compliant and annoyed 😅

I am trying really hard to not just feel angry and resentful at governments everywhere who didn’t handle this properly to begin with. Also at people doing stupid stuff (ie not quarantining while waiting for test results).
Yes, there has been a few people who have raised that issue not only her!! There has been a surprising amount of an increase autistism diagnosis since the three in one!! Children's behaviour started to change!!Where as when we used to get 3 separate jabs!! She could be on to something as really that amount could overload any one’s systems especially children!! This is from memory!!

This is another discussion for another thread - not here, thank you! - Please read our rules and why they're important
Yes, there has been a few people who have raised that issue not only her!! There has been a surprising amount of an increase autistism diagnosis since the three in one!! Children's behaviour started to change!!Where as when we used to get 3 separate jabs!! She could be on to something as really that amount could overload any one’s systems especially children!! This is from memory!!
There has not been a proven causation between vaccination and autism. An increase in diagnosis could be something as simple as improved recognition of autism, leading to more diagnosis of autism, not that there's actually more cases around.

No, I’m afraid you’ve been misinformed by propaganda. Given this is the Covid thread I won’t go into it in too much details but numerous scientific studies have proven that vaccines do not cause autism.
Some links with information:

"There has been a surprising amount of an increase autistism diagnosis since the three in one!!"
Correlation does not equal causation

"She could be on to something"
No she couldn't, it has been totally disproven.

"that amount could overload any one’s systems especially children!!"
This isn't based on any science whatsoever.

Reactions: 9
There has not been a proven causation between vaccination and autism. An increase in diagnosis could be something as simple as improved recognition of autism, leading to more diagnosis of autism, not that there's actually more cases around.
This☝my sisters son is autistic and that's exactly what they told her ,better recognition of the condition these days and earlier intervention to help the kids progress..

750,000 Randox tests have been recalled over safety concerns :rolleyes: is England the most unluckiest country in the world or are people not doing their jobs properly ...I've never seen so many bloopers in one country..

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
The key for glasses wearers is to get the mask that moulds to your face more. The surgical ones, or even fabric in that style which is basically just a straight rectangle leave a gap around your nose and under your eye which so all your air is directed under your glasses. Something that forms around your nose solves the problem.
I made my own and this is definitely true. I used some of my kids pipe clearners from their art box 😝on the nose seam and press it around my nose under my glasses when I first put it on 👍

You could easily stitch a pipe cleaner or similar onto a shop bought one (or open the top seam to sew it inside if you felt able for a neater look? )

Reactions: 6
There's another new symptom now ,persistent hiccups is the next thing that could signify you have it ..🥴

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
And they always ignore the fact that girls are still painfully under diagnosed vaccines or no vaccines. But I’ll shut up about that now as it’s not the thread for it.
There's another new symptom now ,persistent hiccups is the next thing that could signify you have it ..🥴
I get them a fair bit😱😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
And they always ignore the fact that girls are still painfully under diagnosed vaccines or no vaccines. But I’ll shut up about that now as it’s not the thread for it.

I get them a fair bit😱😆
Stay off the bubbly 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So confused, how many people can you have in your garden agai? Thought it was 6 or only more if from 2 households?
Neighbours having a party and sounds a lot more than that! Unfortunately they're sideways on to me so u can't peep😉
Each to their own but we are a "town of concern" so not really helpful!

Reactions: 3
Could do with some advice! I was forced into agreeing to a family holiday with nightmare mother in law last year. Made it clear to my partner that I didn't want to go, but in the end agreed for his sake and to keep the peace.
It's in three weeks time and so far, still going ahead. A few weeks ago I told my partner I don't want to go because I don't want to travel in a pandemic. Which is true, we've cancelled a pre-covid planned holiday. I'm not scared of getting the virus, it's just the uncertainty around quarantine/mask wearing etc...its hassle and for me not worth it. He says he doesn't want to go either but doesn't want to tell his mum. The conversation ended up with me in tears about it.

We've not discussed it since. Last night he told his mum we were still planning to go. Today he's been complaining about wearing a mask because they're so hot and oppressive, how he's dreading the flight, doesn't want to go etc. We will have to wear masks for about eight hours in total (carpark bus, airport, flight, airport the other end). He's scared of flying, too.

I've been on a travel forum for the country were going to (Greece) and there's concern there that cases are rising and people are predicting a quarantine will be introduced.

I don't know whether to sit it out and see what happens in the next fortnight, or just say now that I'm absolutely not going. Im worried that it's going to cause a huge row, but it's also stressing me out the thought of going. I realise this is a very frivolous concern in the context of the pandemic and it's wider effects.

Am I being completely unreasonable in saying I'm not going?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Could do with some advice! I was forced into agreeing to a family holiday with nightmare mother in law last year. Made it clear to my partner that I didn't want to go, but in the end agreed for his sake and to keep the peace.
It's in three weeks time and so far, still going ahead. A few weeks ago I told my partner I don't want to go because I don't want to travel in a pandemic. Which is true, we've cancelled a pre-covid planned holiday. I'm not scared of getting the virus, it's just the uncertainty around quarantine/mask wearing etc...its hassle and for me not worth it. He says he doesn't want to go either but doesn't want to tell his mum. The conversation ended up with me in tears about it.

We've not discussed it since. Last night he told his mum we were still planning to go. Today he's been complaining about wearing a mask because they're so hot and oppressive, how he's dreading the flight, doesn't want to go etc. We will have to wear masks for about eight hours in total (carpark bus, airport, flight, airport the other end). He's scared of flying, too.

I've been on a travel forum for the country were going to (Greece) and there's concern there that cases are rising and people are predicting a quarantine will be introduced.

I don't know whether to sit it out and see what happens in the next fortnight, or just say now that I'm absolutely not going. Im worried that it's going to cause a huge row, but it's also stressing me out the thought of going. I realise this is a very frivolous concern in the context of the pandemic and it's wider effects.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable at all to not want to go on holiday during a pandemic. Do you generally have a good relationship with your mother in law? Has she paid or have you? I can very much see where you’re coming from!

Reactions: 4

No. You are being reasonable. It seems you have been uncomfortable for a while and your feelings haven't changed. Tell your husband you do not want to go and you will not be going. It is his mother, he can speak with her.

I have to say, I wouldn't be going right now. Only as I know I would be miserable as I would be worrying about having picked it up at the airport, on the plane, at the hotel, etc. Not worth it.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.