Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Heard back from Odeon about the guidelines for face coverings in the cinema. They said they're to be worn at all times except when eating ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Glad we don't have an odeon near us! No ideas what vues planning but id rather not go anyway with it all being older films.

Glad we don't have an odeon near us! No ideas what vues planning but id rather not go anyway with it all being older films.
We went to cineworld today , pretty great and impressed
Wore masks until seated down and then took them off

Reactions: 2
I'm getting married tomorrow! All guests have to wear masks, this was only told to us this Monday when updated government guidance came in. Reunited with my parents for the first time in 8 months tonight so there were lots of tears! Think my dad is quietly upset that he can't walk me down the aisle but the main thing is the ceremony can go ahead with our nearest and dearest. Got a pub meal afterwards which was touch and go this week after Boris' announcement last Friday but they've moved us to outside which given the weather forecast is 34ยฐ tomorrow is probably a good thing. Now just got to worry about sweat proofing my hair and make up ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm getting married tomorrow! All guests have to wear masks, this was only told to us this Monday when updated government guidance came in. Reunited with my parents for the first time in 8 months tonight so there were lots of tears! Think my dad is quietly upset that he can't walk me down the aisle but the main thing is the ceremony can go ahead with our nearest and dearest. Got a pub meal afterwards which was touch and go this week after Boris' announcement last Friday but they've moved us to outside which given the weather forecast is 34ยฐ tomorrow is probably a good thing. Now just got to worry about sweat proofing my hair and make up ๐Ÿ˜‚
Hope you have an amazing day and enjoy every second! It goes so quick x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Unfortunately with any people facing job you are at danger of contracting COVID. Not sure what they can do?
@monga

Corona has been a Trade Unions wet dream.

We will get to a point where workers will be refusing to do even the most basic tasks because itโ€™s โ€œnot safeโ€

itโ€™s not to late, you can change your mind and sneak out tonight, you donโ€™t have to go through with it.......

JOKES! Enjoy your day!! ๐Ÿ˜›

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hope you have an amazing day and enjoy every second! It goes so quick x
Thank you so much, will do my best!

[QUOTE="Oohthedrama,

itโ€™s not to late, you can change your mind and sneak out tonight, you donโ€™t have to go through with it.......

[/QUOTE]
๐Ÿ˜‚ eerily similar to my mum's hilarious parting words tonight "eeh you've still got time if you want to back out" worse thing was she was talking to my husband to be...

• Haha
Reactions: 10
@monga

Corona has been a Trade Unions wet dream.

We will get to a point where workers will be refusing to do even the most basic tasks because itโ€™s โ€œnot safeโ€

Well our First and deputy first ministers aren't even speaking so I don't know who's going to sort out the mess,they may get a move on school starts in two weeks :confused:

Reactions: 1
My friends just told me she thinks sheโ€™s got Covid but is sitting booking a holiday to Greece! I mean, to be fair, I think she probably hasnโ€™t got it and is only exaggerating, but COME ON.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Thank you so much, will do my best!

[QUOTE="Oohthedrama,

๐Ÿ˜‚ eerily similar to my mum's hilarious parting words tonight "eeh you've still got time if you want to back out" worse thing was she was talking to my husband to be...
[/QUOTE]

Hope you have a lovely day ๐Ÿ˜You will definitely have some unique wedding photos ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜‰

My dad said similar to me in the car on the way to the church ๐Ÿ˜‚ Talk about leaving it till the last minute๐Ÿ˜† if I had backed out I would have sent him in to tell everyone ๐Ÿ˜

P.s. I am happily married and my dad has always liked my husband ๐Ÿคญ

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I am not surprised known infections are rising in many areas, as there is more testing. I would only be alarmed at rising infections rates - if any previous testing data was consistent with current, but it isnโ€™t.
I am concerned about general mask wearing. Proper clinical masks obviously do the job, and should be used in clinical environments, etc - but most coverings worn generally, are insufficient anyway. They are very good at making your face sweaty, and your eyes and nose run. It is difficult not to touch your face, when the mask is slipping off your sweaty face - and you are then touching escalator rails, etc.
I am complying, because I donโ€™t want anyone shouting at me in shops or on the train, but I think they may spread more infection than they contain.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
๐Ÿ˜ท Just thinking this emoji must have climbed the ranks dramatically in the most used emoji league tables for 2020 ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I am not surprised known infections are rising in many areas, as there is more testing. I would only be alarmed at rising infections rates - if any previous testing data was consistent with current, but it isnโ€™t.
I am concerned about general mask wearing. Proper clinical masks obviously do the job, and should be used in clinical environments, etc - but most coverings worn generally, are insufficient anyway. They are very good at making your face sweaty, and your eyes and nose run. It is difficult not to touch your face, when the mask is slipping off your sweaty face - and you are then touching escalator rails, etc.
I am complying, because I donโ€™t want anyone shouting at me in shops or on the train, but I think they may spread more infection than they contain.
I see a lot of people talking about sweaty faces or wet masks. I have not experienced a wet mask or it slipping down and it's 30 degrees here.

Reactions: 8
The tests aren't really going up they're averaging around 170.000 per day have been for a while

Reactions: 6
The tests aren't really going up they're averaging around 170.000 per day have been for a while
I couldnโ€™t book a test last month (through work), but I find that itโ€™s so much easier now. It may be regional - but up until a few weeks ago, the nearest test centre was sending me 30 miles away.
I have to be tested weekly for work, but that has only just started working properly, with many of us unable to book tests previously.
I am not sure that I trust the data.

Hope you have a lovely day ๐Ÿ˜You will definitely have some unique wedding photos ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜‰

My dad said similar to me in the car on the way to the church ๐Ÿ˜‚ Talk about leaving it till the last minute๐Ÿ˜† if I had backed out I would have sent him in to tell everyone ๐Ÿ˜

P.s. I am happily married and my dad has always liked my husband ๐Ÿคญ
Thank you, yup the pics will certainly be interesting! I won't need to wear a mask until the taxi to the hotel, might have to bring a sharpie to scrawl 'just married' on it ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I couldnโ€™t book a test last month (through work), but I find that itโ€™s so much easier now. It may be regional - but up until a few weeks ago, the nearest test centre was sending me 30 miles away.
I have to be tested weekly for work, but that has only just started working properly, with many of us unable to book tests previously.
I am not sure that I trust the data.
It's the Gov data I check they upload everyday along with hospital admissions etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.