Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So earlier I said I’m trying to carve out positives where I can. Well today I went out. To a shop. And spoke to an actual 3D person. I felt like I didn’t stop talking & he looked a bit tired when I left!
Had to wear a mask. Putting it on when I got out the car I did get the apocalyptic feels. But also I have an enormous spot on my chin so it worked to my advantage. I needed the loo, there was a mirror directly opposite the cubicle and my very first thought on seeing my reflection was ’I look good in a mask’ I hate my face so I’m going to be keeping my mask long after the virus has gone and you’ve all burnt yours!
And then driving home we decided that we didn’t want our first trip out in ages to be over so soon so we went to our local family run pub for tea and it was lovely! Almost felt a bit normal. I think I need to try and force myself out a bit because I was often pretty anxious about going out anyway but lockdown has made it much worse. I feel a bit better this evening than I have all week. Honestly can’t get over how amazing I look in my mask 😄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I live in Preston.. and my mum lives in the next borough literally 10 mins down the road.. I can’t go and visit her now but I can go to the pub with the local bag heads 🤬🤬 just drove past before and the beer garden was full of people not social distancing
I cant believe the local lockdowns in England leave pubs & restaurants open 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 15
I live in Preston.. and my mum lives in the next borough literally 10 mins down the road.. I can’t go and visit her now but I can go to the pub with the local bag heads 🤬🤬 just drove past before and the beer garden was full of people not social distancing
You'd think the pubs would be the first to be closed what's the point of the lockdowns if people can just gather there:rolleyes:

Reactions: 12
You'd think the pubs would be the first to be closed what's the point of the lockdowns if people can just gather there:rolleyes:
I know. We can’t even go and sit in a friends or family’s back garden but we can go to the pub or out for tea. I know which one id feel safer doing 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ It was apparently the local councils idea not the government as cases have been growing and what’s been going on in Blackburn etc. It’s just so annoying

Reactions: 11
Yeah I've run out of sympathy for the teachers now
Nurses, shop workers etc have been front facing this whole time.

There are some kids that really need to go back to school, either due to poverty, abuse, special needs or mental health. As ling as schools are doing what they can teachers should go back.

My husbands worked with over 600 people this whole time, no one had had it on their site and they have been as careful as they can and no they don’t wear masks!

Economy, that’s the only reason!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Heard back from Odeon about the guidelines for face coverings in the cinema. They said they're to be worn at all times except when eating 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Heard back from Odeon about the guidelines for face coverings in the cinema. They said they're to be worn at all times except when eating 😂😂😂
I feel for the teenagers, no more getting it on at the back of a cinema 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Unfortunately with any people facing job you are at danger of contracting COVID. Not sure what they can do?
If the government said schools could close until a vaccine was found, the unions would still be raging about something. Sick of hearing from them, totally one sided and never anything constructive or helpful to say.

I think this will be it for a lot of cinemas. Our local one was struggling before all this, and now with no new films to show and people have to sit inside for 2 hours wearing a mask I can’t see who will be going?!

Reactions: 5
If the government said schools could close until a vaccine was found, the unions would still be raging about something. Sick of hearing from them, totally one sided and never anything constructive or helpful to say.

I think this will be it for a lot of cinemas. Our local one was struggling before all this, and now with no new films to show and people have to sit inside for 2 hours wearing a mask I can’t see who will be going?!
I'll just make my popcorn last for the duration of the film 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just to put in a teacher’s point of view here: I can’t wait to go back! I miss my job so much and can’t wait to be in a classroom again!
On another note, anyone know whether masks need to be worn in shops etc in Wales?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
As a teacher, the unions don't represent us all. Don't take what they are saying as being a representative of all. I'm naturally a bit apprehensive but excited to go back
As a teacher, the unions don't represent us all. Don't take what they are saying as being a representative of all. I'm naturally a bit apprehensive but excited to go back
Apologies for the generalisations

Reactions: 10
I’m a TA and husband is a primary school teacher. We are both keen to go back, nervous but happy! Every single teacher we know feels the same. Unions don’t necessarily speak for us all.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Decided to have family over for a barbecue tomorrow. I'm not sure what the guidelines are or aren't anymore but we've stuck to the rules this whole time. They'll be 11 of us in total and we have a huge garden so not issue with spacing chairs out. I think it'll do us all some good and if my kids can go to school in September and mix with a year group of 300+ then I'm having my family in my garden. Thoroughly pissed off with this year!
I did the same last weekend, there were 10 of us. Stayed outside, first time we had all been together since Christmas. The rules are so ridiculous now I think a degree of common sense is all you need to decide if something is ok 🤷‍♀️ hope you enjoy your bbq and the sun shines!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just to put in a teacher’s point of view here: I can’t wait to go back! I miss my job so much and can’t wait to be in a classroom again!
On another note, anyone know whether masks need to be worn in shops etc in Wales?
No, no masks in shops here - just busses, trains and taxis. Some people wear them anyway and I wear one if it’s a very small shop and I need to get closer to people.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.