Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm getting angry at how often "the new normal" is being said when it comes to Covid-19. Nothing about these times should ever, ever be thought of as normal or here to stay. It's distressing me more than the damn virus the amount of times every day I'm seeing and hearing this awful expression.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I'm getting angry at how often "the new normal" is being said when it comes to Covid-19. Nothing about these times should ever, ever be thought of as normal or here to stay. It's distressing me more than the damn virus the amount of times every day I'm seeing and hearing this awful expression.
I call it the new abnormal 🙁

Reactions: 4
Ha yes... shh don't kill my dreams of the shopping spree I'm having with mine and then the various meals out I am having with the husbands 😂
Same! But DH just said he wonders if B&Q would accept the voucher as we could do with a new shed.....oh bore off! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Watching Grey's Anatomy and I know it's fictional but it is weird seeing everyone in medical masks/n95/cloth masks and now that's our normal. 🙃

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I’m hoping someone can help me understand.
We have been told the virus is much more dangerous to those with underlying health conditions and those who fall within the BAME category. We also know it is much more dangerous to the elderly.
I am wondering why it can take such a hold on those who are younger with no underlying health conditions. What made those victims different? What is about their make up that meant the virus killed them or left them with life changing effects?
Can anyone shed light? Do you think they’ll do post-mortems on those who have died And tests on the survivors to try and figure this out?

Reactions: 3
A member of my family owns a holiday business, they had a family come down from Leicester on Saturday, they contacted them and asked if they were going to cancel due to being in lockdown, but they said no and so they have come down. (Cornwall) they're booked in for 10 days.
This won't be an isolated case and I'm not for one second implying half of the people living in Leicester have or will do the same. But it makes a total farce of the local lockdown. There is nothing in place to keep people where they 'should' be. Not even the ability to report them which I believe this family member would have done.

I took a trip to a supermarket on Sunday for the first time since mid March, massive mistake, I saw one elderly lady who was keeping her distance, everyone else I came into contact with wasn't. Even the staff were just milling around in amongst all the shoppers. There seemed to be no limits on the numbers inside, no queuing system to get in. People gathered in the centre of asiles stood having a chat, I actually felt like an idiot for trying to stay away from people.

Also this week I have had 2 deliveries from amazon and both drivers waited at the door when I knocked and stood right in my door way, didn't try to keep their distance at all. Although the Hermes and postman are still dropping, knocking and running. It does make you wonder whats the point, obviously I know what the point is but it does get a bit disheartening.
A member of my family owns a holiday business, they had a family come down from Leicester on Saturday, they contacted them and asked if they were going to cancel due to being in lockdown, but they said no and so they have come down. (Cornwall) they're booked in for 10 days.
This won't be an isolated case and I'm not for one second implying half of the people living in Leicester have or will do the same. But it makes a total farce of the local lockdown. There is nothing in place to keep people where they 'should' be. Not even the ability to report them which I believe this family member would have done.

I took a trip to a supermarket on Sunday for the first time since mid March, massive mistake, I saw one elderly lady who was keeping her distance, everyone else I came into contact with wasn't. Even the staff were just milling around in amongst all the shoppers. There seemed to be no limits on the numbers inside, no queuing system to get in. People gathered in the centre of asiles stood having a chat, I actually felt like an idiot for trying to stay away from people.

Also this week I have had 2 deliveries from amazon and both drivers waited at the door when I knocked and stood right in my door way, didn't try to keep their distance at all. Although the Hermes and postman are still dropping, knocking and running. It does make you wonder whats the point, obviously I know what the point is but it does get a bit disheartening.
I much prefer them knocking and running cos my dog cos off it when someone is at the door . I just hang out the window and tell them to leave it in the garden and I'll get it in a minute haha

Reactions: 1
My friend’s brother works for a construction company in London. They have asked everyone to come back to work but have made no changes to the office space. They even forged their risk assessment documents to make it look like they had socially distanced the office. I had a feeling that things like this would go on. I think that he should report them to HSE’s new anonymous number but he doesn’t feel comfortable doing so. 🙁

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
We have been told the virus is much more dangerous to those with underlying health conditions and those who fall within the BAME category. We also know it is much more dangerous to the elderly.
I am wondering why it can take such a hold on those who are younger with no underlying health conditions. What made those victims different? What is about their make up that meant the virus killed them or left them with life changing effects?
Can anyone shed light? Do you think they’ll do post-mortems on those who have died And tests on the survivors to try and figure this out?
Some people seem to get exposed to more droplets of the virus than others. But, it seems with covid no one really knows why it doesn't affect some young people much, then kills others with no underlying conditions. That is why it's so scary.

Reactions: 2
Playing the devils advocate here but I know through work , a lot of covid patients who died didn’t get post Morton’s as covid was the cause of death and I know people say awww young people with no underlying health conditions died but you truly don’t know if they didn’t have a underlying health condition that they weren’t aware of without having a post mortem if that makes sense

Reactions: 11
Does anyone else find cloth masks disgusting? I have a cloth mask and within about 2 minutes it’s saturated and soggy from my breath and whenever I take a deep breath I inhale it and feel like I’m suffocating! Which causes me to have to hold it away from my face which defeats the object. I really thought a cloth mask would be better but I actually prefer surgical.

Reactions: 1
Anyone done anything about the grim modern slavery "fast fashion" sweatshops there yet? Thought not

A spotlight is now being shown on the factories, this is going to hit Boohoo financially

5million locked down in Melbourne for 6 weeks they've had a surge in cases ,just goes to show the nature of this thing..
And Australia looked like they had it in control a few months ago... This thing is going to be bobbing around for a while I fear.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There are a number of factors, economic and social factors would be in play here. There’s a large proportion of young people aged 18-30 who are employed in the gig economy, so delivery drivers for Deliveroo etc. Whilst contactless delivery exists, sometimes human error can occur. Retail jobs where you’re working with customers all day, Young people who don’t believe in the virus and disagree with the rules (these aren’t exclusive). Social factors would be to do with your housing arrangements, there are many young people living in houseshares or shared housing. In this answer I’d point out to viral load. Also it’s about how you lead your lifestyle. Did these young people ever drink alcohol excessively or smoke heavily? Were they overweight?

There will be a lot of young people who didn’t fully comply with the lockdown rules but I honestly believe this doesn’t just apply to young people but people of all kind, and youngsters will have more social lives typically.

Even though young people are affected, their death rates are still very low, it is similar to flu where you will see young people dying but this isn’t very common spread as the elderly. The major reason why the UK has a high death rate is to do with population average age, lockdown being applied too late and we were primarily testing those with the virus who were already very ill. Countries such as Germany appear to have low death rates as they tested people who didn’t have symptoms too.

Does anyone else find cloth masks disgusting? I have a cloth mask and within about 2 minutes it’s saturated and soggy from my breath and whenever I take a deep breath I inhale it and feel like I’m suffocating! Which causes me to have to hold it away from my face which defeats the object. I really thought a cloth mask would be better but I actually prefer surgical.
Yes. I still wear one because I am too 'chicken' not to but I did put mine on in the car the other day after parking and was just sorting my handbag out when I did a hayfever related sneeze...that was not nice. Luckily I had face wipes in the car and a spare cloth mask... Yeah, I wasn't very happy with myself for that... As soon as I got home I scrubbed my face clean.

Reactions: 3

A spotlight is now being shown on the factories, this is going to hit Boohoo financially

And Australia looked like they had it in control a few months ago... This thing is going to be bobbing around for a while I fear.
Yes looks like it ! Israel is another country that had a good hand on it ,and look at them ..

My god I just saw a 2yr old child was raped while in isolation on the covid ward in S.Africa there some sick fucks in this world🤬

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Well hes cutting stamp duty for 6 months so only fair people who arnt buying a house get £500 :giggle:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.