Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A member of my family owns a holiday business, they had a family come down from Leicester on Saturday, they contacted them and asked if they were going to cancel due to being in lockdown, but they said no and so they have come down. (Cornwall) they're booked in for 10 days.
This won't be an isolated case and I'm not for one second implying half of the people living in Leicester have or will do the same. But it makes a total farce of the local lockdown. There is nothing in place to keep people where they 'should' be. Not even the ability to report them which I believe this family member would have done.

I took a trip to a supermarket on Sunday for the first time since mid March, massive mistake, I saw one elderly lady who was keeping her distance, everyone else I came into contact with wasn't. Even the staff were just milling around in amongst all the shoppers. There seemed to be no limits on the numbers inside, no queuing system to get in. People gathered in the centre of asiles stood having a chat, I actually felt like an idiot for trying to stay away from people.

Also this week I have had 2 deliveries from amazon and both drivers waited at the door when I knocked and stood right in my door way, didn't try to keep their distance at all. Although the Hermes and postman are still dropping, knocking and running. It does make you wonder whats the point, obviously I know what the point is but it does get a bit disheartening.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
5million locked down in Melbourne for 6 weeks they've had a surge in cases ,just goes to show the nature of this thing..

• Wow
  • Sad
5million locked down in Melbourne for 6 weeks they've had a surge in cases ,just goes to show the nature of this thing..
Yeah, I spose this is the Australian equivalent of a UK local lockdown, same as if London were to get locked down again. Though London has nearly double the population of Melbourne so suspect they would try to keep it to only certain boroughs.

Reactions: 1
Yeah, I spose this is the Australian equivalent of a UK local lockdown, same as if London were to get locked down again. Though London has nearly double the population of Melbourne so suspect they would try to keep it to only certain boroughs.
Yeah I couldn't imagine them locking down the whole country .But look at the security they've put in place to stop people flouting the rules where the UK have no such measures ,you're free to spread it around :rolleyes:

Someone in China has dengue fever now , this has to be some sort of joke the Chinese are playing on the world:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Yeah I couldn't imagine them locking down the whole country .But look at the security they've put in place to stop people flouting the rules where the UK have no such measures ,you're free to spread it around :rolleyes:

Someone in China has dengue fever now , this has to be some sort of joke the Chinese are playing on the world:ROFLMAO:
Dengue fever is common in China. Honestly, this is all being reported now as the spotlight is on them because of Covid.

Having a meh day today. I live overseas and just can't imagine when I will get back to the UK to see family. Especially as they are starting flights in the country I live in, with zero social distancing and at full capacity. If they started doing that with long haul flights there is no way I would want to go. I would only be comfortable on a 10+ hour flight with social distancing and masks. Even then, I would still be worried.

I am being a pessimist today but really don't see them getting a vaccine and if they do, not anytime soon. The virus is so new and they've never managed to get one for a coronavirus before. Plus it seems, antibodies aren't lasting long in people which doesn't bode well for a vaccine working.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Dengue fever is common in China. Honestly, this is all being reported now as the spotlight is on them because of Covid.

Having a meh day today. I live overseas and just can't imagine when I will get back to the UK to see family. Especially as they are starting flights in the country I live in, with zero social distancing and at full capacity. If they started doing that with long haul flights there is no way I would want to go. I would only be comfortable on a 10+ hour flight with social distancing and masks. Even then, I would still be worried.

I am being a pessimist today but really don't see them getting a vaccine and if they do, not anytime soon. The virus is so new and they've never managed to get one for a coronavirus before. Plus it seems, antibodies aren't lasting long in people which doesn't bode well for a vaccine working.
China said the man likely caught it in India 🇮🇳 I can’t see how airlines will cope with SD they’re such confined spaces .The only way will be to drive the transmission as low as possible but with people constantly breaking the rules it’ll be a long time coming.

Reactions: 1
China said the man likely caught it in India 🇮🇳 I can’t see how airlines will cope with SD they’re such confined spaces .The only way will be to drive the transmission as low as possible but with people constantly breaking the rules it’ll be a long time coming.
Here, domestic flights were keeping some rows empty in between customers. Now they are filling every row.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Meh don't feel too bad, the way I see is actually if everyone boycotts them, the staff wil lose their jobs but he will just sell up and stay a billionaire.

This is interesting, so people who have had it had no antibodies at all? How come people here seem to?

How will a vaccine work then? As it works on the basis that it gives you a bit of the virus so you develop antibodies?
The generic text from nhs is if you test negative for antibodies
It’s followed by you may still have had covid though as you may not have produced enough antibodies for it to be detectable

It’s very true that we may never find a vaccine. But given that we’re currently conducting human trials for one, I’d say the faith is still there that it is possible.

People wouldn’t be happy whatever got said. If a scientist said ‘we’ll have a vaccine in 2 months’ everybody would be going insane saying they’re not having it and it isn’t safe.
Haha that’s me 😂 defo not having the vaccine

The generic text from nhs is if you test negative for antibodies
It’s followed by you may still have had covid though as you may not have produced enough antibodies for it to be detectable

Haha that’s me 😂 defo not having the vaccine
That’s fair enough, I don’t think I’d have it either but that’s me 😂 but I also don’t complain about the chance we may not find one, I think I’m just... ok with it? 🤣 I just don’t understand people who are desperate for a vaccine to be found as they see it to be the only way out and then go ‘but I wouldn’t have it’ 😂

Reactions: 4
That’s fair enough, I don’t think I’d have it either but that’s me 😂 but I also don’t complain about the chance we may not find one, I think I’m just... ok with it? 🤣 I just don’t understand people who are desperate for a vaccine to be found as they see it to be the only way out and then go ‘but I wouldn’t have it’ 😂
I'm not bothered about having the vaccine, I'll have it if we get one because they are saying they haven't taken shortcuts to speed up the testing process, they have just done many stages in parallel which they can't normally due to lack of funding.

The only reason I want a vaccine created is because I feel like so many people have got it in their brains that there is no way we can ever return to normal life without one. (I beleive we can and most likely will but hey if a vaccine wants to come along and ease that process then sure!)

Last edited:
What are people doing for masks? These are from The Gap. £12.95 for three. They also have children’s sizes. Free shipping over £25. Hairdressers will require you to wear one.View attachment 168912View attachment 168914View attachment 168915
I have two cloth ones, one is just a plain grey one DH got off ebay just before lockdown. It's not very comfortable breathing wise.
I found the other one in Superdrug on Saturday for £2.99. Just a plain pink one and its so much easier to breath in.

Face masks on public transport.....I always wear mine, there are signs all over bus stations that states you must wear one if you want to use the bus but I am amazed at how many people don't and are still let on the bus.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.