Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, I did feel a bit guilty about going there 😕
Meh don't feel too bad, the way I see is actually if everyone boycotts them, the staff wil lose their jobs but he will just sell up and stay a billionaire.

There's bad news on the herd immunity front too,according to the Spanish there's very few people have any antibodies and the lancet has backed this by studying other countries where the virus is rampant .SD is all they can recommend..
This is interesting, so people who have had it had no antibodies at all? How come people here seem to?

How will a vaccine work then? As it works on the basis that it gives you a bit of the virus so you develop antibodies?

Reactions: 4
I've taken my two daughters to the park this morning. They loved it. Everyone was sensible and asked if they could used the swings next to us or if their child could play with mine.

Great morning. Until my daughters bottle leaked all over my bag, bottom of the pram and all over my phone and keys. Ffs 🙃

Reactions: 6
Meh don't feel too bad, the way I see is actually if everyone boycotts them, the staff wil lose their jobs but he will just sell up and stay a billionaire.

This is interesting, so people who have had it had no antibodies at all? How come people here seem to?

How will a vaccine work then? As it works on the basis that it gives you a bit of the virus so you develop antibodies?
They're not optimistic of a vaccine I think they've been clear on that . if you look on the BBC webpage you'll find the Spanish study ! out of 60,000 people only 5% were found to have some sort of antibody you need 90% for herd immunity .

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
They're not optimistic of a vaccine I think they've been clear on that . if you look on the BBC webpage you'll find the Spanish study ! out of 60,000 people only 5% were found to have some sort of antibody you need 90% for herd immunity .
60,000 people who had tested positive previously, or just 60,000 random people?

The bit in bold - I actually think they've been overly optimistic of a vaccine rather than clear that they didn't think we would get one. The UK government has just signed a deal for 100 million doses of one in it's final stage of human trials. They have said we may not but not sure they have clearly ever said a vaccine is unlikely.

Reactions: 2
They definitely do ! makes you wonder how this person tested positive on Monday for the virus but was in the pub over the weekend does it not take a few days for the results to come through ? If that's the case they went out to a pub while knowing they possibly had the virus !
It depends, sometimes it can take up to five days, sometimes 48 hours. I’ve known people who had tests early morning and received results by evening the same day. If you go through the drive thru it’s quicker I believe, than the home test.

Wow, apparently only 22% of people who test positive have any symptoms.

BBC News - Coronavirus: Majority testing positive have no symptoms

Last edited:
  • Wow
60,000 people who had tested positive previously, or just 60,000 random people?

The bit in bold - I actually think they've been overly optimistic of a vaccine rather than clear that they didn't think we would get one. The UK government has just signed a deal for 100 million doses of one in it's final stage of human trials. They have said we may not but not sure they have clearly ever said a vaccine is unlikely.
They've never been able to find a vaccine before for any other corona virus an Indian doctor was quoted yesterday as saying a vaccine is very unlikely? I look beyond what the British government claim . I'm assuming 60,000 people that had it ? like I said it's on the BBC website under health about the herd immunity for anyone that wants a read...

So... no vaccine and no herd immunity. What are we to do :eek:

they need to hurry up and start some sort of new civilisation on the moon.

maybe this is how the dinosaurs went out.

its the end of days people.

.........I’m joking btw :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
They've never been able to find a vaccine before for any other corona virus an Indian doctor was quoted yesterday as saying a vaccine is very unlikely? I look beyond what the British government claim . I'm assuming 60,000 people that had it ? like I said it's on the BBC website under health about the herd immunity for anyone that wants a read...
From the way it the article reads only about 5% of the general population had antibodies, so they must have tested 60,000 general people not just those who were positive.

And haha trust me I don't just place all my faith in the government but equally I also don't just place it on a single Indian doctor quoted on BBC news website. I just feel there is high optimism generally for a vaccine as they are pumping billions into it.

Reactions: 3
From the way it the article reads only about 5% of the general population had antibodies, so they must have tested 60,000 general people not just those who were positive.

And haha trust me I don't just place all my faith in the government but equally I also don't just place it on a single Indian doctor quoted on BBC news website. I just feel there is high optimism generally for a vaccine as they are pumping billions into it.
It's not just the Indian doctor has said this it's been said many times by different people .I wonder why the Lancet are putting out false info then?

It's not just the Indian doctor has said this it's been said many times by different people .I wonder why the Lancet are putting out false info then?
Where are they putting out false info...?

Here's the article:
BBC News - Coronavirus: Spanish study casts doubt on herd immunity feasibility

Here's a screenshot of the top where they say about it being the population, not just those who were positive:
Screenshot_20200707-123859_BBC News.jpg

You're the one questioning the article on the antibodies that was published by the Lancet..
I never questioned the article I asked about the content, but I found the answer myself and pasted above. No where did I say the article itself was incorrect?

Reactions: 1
I never questioned the article I asked about the content, but I foubd the answer myself and pasted above. No where did I say the article itself was incorrect?
Well why did you keep quoting me then ? I only said herd immunity was unlikely . If you read on down they've looked at other countries not just Spain ..

It’s very true that we may never find a vaccine. But given that we’re currently conducting human trials for one, I’d say the faith is still there that it is possible.

People wouldn’t be happy whatever got said. If a scientist said ‘we’ll have a vaccine in 2 months’ everybody would be going insane saying they’re not having it and it isn’t safe.

Well why did you keep quoting me then ? I only said herd immunity was unlikely . If you read on down they've looked at other countries not just Spain ..
....I was asking you a question? If you re read my posts, I was asking whether they had tested just those who had tested positive or the general population as it has a huge bearing on the meaning of the study!

You didn't seem sure so I checked myself? I don't see the problem or how I am insinuating the article was incorrect?

Now I want a spoons breakfast! My friends are all saying we can't go there on our nights out anymore because of the way the staff were treated which I get but I also really like being able to order a garlic bread and a pitcher of cocktails at the same time without leaving my chair 😂

I have Slug and Lettuce booked for dinner tomorrow night and they have introduced an order from your table app, will report back on experience 😋
I’ve seen a lot of staff defending wetherspoons saying what was reported wasn’t what happened.

apparently he did tell them to get other jobs but that was his advice as well as paying them all so they could have extra money/ security and not feel like they’d lose their jobs at wetherspoons if they worked in supermarkets during the lockdown

ive also seen the valid argument from his staff that by boycotting him their jobs are then at risk.

i did initially think the same but I think the newspapers have reported what happened incorrectly

Even if a vaccine is not developed or ineffective, we know more about coronavirus than we did at the beginning, when many people sadly died and were infected at an alarming rate. People are starting to know more about the different symptoms and the possibility of asymptomatic spreaders. Whilst some people may not socially distance, if most do comply with it, we may be able to finally get rid of this. It’s going to be a global effort however.

Reactions: 8
....I was asking you a question? If you re read my posts, I was asking whether they had tested just

I took it you were casting doubt on what they were claiming ,sorry if i misunderstood ...

I took it you were casting doubt on what they were claiming ,sorry if i misunderstood ...
Nah that was just my general brain dump as to what it could mean 😊 no probs, all good.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.