Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seconded. It’s so sad.

I was in my local Tesco Express yesterday morning and this poor lady collapsed into tears at the till. Her husband had died a few days ago after being on a ventilator for five weeks. Like you say - wear a bleeping mask.
Why ARENT the Tories making it compulsory to wear a mask when in shops? It's ridiculous.

I'm pissed off that I can't wear one at work (school). I'm going to fight it with my union I think

Reactions: 9
Why ARENT the Tories making it compulsory to wear a mask when in shops? It's ridiculous.

I'm pissed off that I can't wear one at work (school). I'm going to fight it with my union I think
I agree. I think most people would have been happier with a stricter lockdown from the beginning.

Reactions: 8
Even if it comes back we know a lot more about the virus now, the reason it was so bad this year was because it was brand new.
That’s reassuring. Thank you 😊

Backing up pixipoppy. They will know almost immediately it is covid because of the symptoms, the testing capacity is there, they know the steroids which can help improve life expectancy, they also won't release elderly straight into care homes without a test first...and so on.
That’s really good to know. Thank you 😊

Reactions: 1
Well my kids both had a very short meeting with their form tutors today and had a look around the school. Both enjoyed it but both said it's very strange as hand sanitiser stations dotted around, arrows on the floor pointing to a one way system, dots to stand on when queing and bubbles at lunchtime. They both seem happy to go back in September though and said they're glad they saw it today rather than on their first day back. Think they were just glad to be out of the house to be honest although I did make them both strip off and shower before coming anywhere near me

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Not to be a Debbie downer but do we think this will come back in the winter even worse? That terrifies me. When do you think this nightmare will be over so we can live in less fear again?

We’re still shielding and our eldest has to return to work in a month which for us is worrying as we have vulnerable people in our home. It’s awful having to live like this and I can’t see it getting any safer until there’s a vaccine.
surely in the winter there will be a bit more immunity by then even if it's temporary?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure Chris Witty said in one recent conference type thing that their attentions were now focused on the winter?
I assume because that is when, IF a second wave were to come it would be at that time. I so suppose between now and then they will be watching the rest of the world and analysing the data from the reopening of pretty much everything and that should give them a better idea.

Reactions: 7
Am I right in thinking that the positive test cases are higher due to more people being tested now???

Israel's the next to declare another lockdown they were doing so well too ...

Did it at home but it was still hard to keep him still!! I ended up doing a bit of throat and both nostrils but still not sure I did enough (it said do throat and nose Or both nostrils if can’t do throat). Felt like 20 minutes but not sure it was 20 seconds in total as required.

Do you know if it’s not enough the results will come back inconclusive or will they come back negative?
I swab for about 10 seconds nose and then same on throat so you should be fine if you did it for 20 seconds

I saw that this morning you have to ask what the hell is going on in that country ! thank god it's treatable ..(so far)

Reactions: 3
anyone else becoming desensitised to everything at this point.
I care, but I also, don’t care anymore.

plague, meh...
second wave, meh...

I hope all of the Un-shielded had a good release day and got to do something fun 😌 and I hope it wasn’t overwhelming!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
anyone else becoming desensitised to everything at this point.
I care, but I also, don’t care anymore.

plague, meh...
second wave, meh...

I hope all of the Un-shielded had a good release day and got to do something fun 😌 and I hope it wasn’t overwhelming!!!
I stayed at home. Can't find 6 people that I like 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So if anyone here is generally interested in diseases, viruses, previous pandemics, etc - there is a podcast I have been listening to for a year or so called This Podcast Will Kill You, they have like an 11part series they did on covid 19. It's also interesting to listen to the one on Spanish Flu, measles, bubonic plague (the above post reminded me of it!)

Reactions: 6
So if anyone here is generally interested in diseases, viruses, previous pandemics, etc - there is a podcast I have been listening to for a year or so called This Podcast Will Kill You, they have like an 11part series they did on covid 19. It's also interesting to listen to the one on Spanish Flu, measles, bubonic plague (the above post reminded me of it!)
Sounds like a barrel of laughs 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sounds like a barrel of laughs 😂😂😂😂
Haha i know it's a bit morbid but it is very interesting! (Then again, i nornally listen to that or true crime so guess I'm just a morbid gal!) Just putting it out there in case any of you are bored and wanted to get more info than you'll probs ever need on illnesses 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just ordered some masks off Amazon as I had a gift card but it says they won't arrive til September, lol. Fingers crossed it's before then. I already have some but wanted some new ones. I said to my husband, they now have to be Christmas stocking stuffers. Haha.
I feel a little down today. I think it is the tragic news of Nick Cordero. I had been following his wife Amanda for a while. I am fed up of people I know no longer social distancing, etc.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.