Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like I said in an earlier post, it’s not just the deaths. No one knows yet the long term effects.
By my thinking people will need therapy, I can imagine a massive shortage of Counsellors and shrinks.

Reactions: 2
I didn’t go out with 6 people today, it feels so strange to just go for a walk Late evening, yet alone be out properly in the day with other people!! I feel protected at home.

Reactions: 3
In response to the bubonic plague posts, the plague has never disappeared, cases are still found worldwide but unlike Covid, it can be treated by antibiotics. The reason why it’s being mentioned is because cases are being found in China right now, a place the world is watchful for more pandemics etc.

Reactions: 7
In response to the bubonic plague posts, the plague has never disappeared, cases are still found worldwide but unlike Covid, it can be treated by antibiotics. The reason why it’s being mentioned is because cases are being found in China right now, a place the world is watchful for more pandemics etc.

I remember watching a programme about it yrs ago ,a couple caught it while walking through Yellowstone Park in the US a flea bite from a rat apparently..

Hope everyone's well.

Feeling stroppy today as we were meant to go away.
So this week stay cation as husbands off work.

But struggling with what im allowed to do and what i could do and whats sensible.
I dont trust government advice.

My least likely freind has invited me to the pub country pub outside beer garden so i guess safe a option as going to the park.

I really want a hair cut.
I really want a day without my little darlings and feedback local primark and city centre is quiet and well managed.
Its my birthday this month a big one woukd love go local restaurant for lunch but seems risky.

Some scientists saying its air Bourne.

Article 7000 kids covid postive in Florida and many kids dont show any symptoms.
Makes me feel more anxious about schools returning full time in Sept.
Boris saying senior schools cant travel on bus or mix with other year groups is unworkable.

Local pharmacy doing cheap antibody test quite tempted as be useful know if had it..

I have an interview this week for a trainee nursing associate position. It’s a step towards the nurse I always imagined I would be when I was younger. I applied for it mid pandemic, no idea of what the future held, no idea of how this would all turn out.

But I think this pandemic has made me realise what I want to do career wise, for maybe the first time in my life 😌

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve just had an email through from work about requesting Christmas leave. They’ve said that even the days we are required to work we will probably be able to do so from home. Definitely think the way offices work going forward will be changing forever.

Reactions: 10
I’ve just had an email through from work about requesting Christmas leave. They’ve said that even the days we are required to work we will probably be able to do so from home. Definitely think the way offices work going forward will be changing forever.
Exactly I think they can't not be flexible anymore. E.g. in the past if you had stomach ache or bad hayfever but not enough to call in sick we'd have to go in and get through the day, but now we have proven we could work from home but now spare our colleagues the discomfort of seeing us suffering, etc. I am still waiting to hear what my arrangement will be but i think it has been proven to HR and the ops team that actually, we have kept going just fine with everyone at home. This pandemic is going to change some HR policies for sure. I have had terrible hayfever this week and it has been far more comfortable dealing with it at home whilst working than having to apologize to colleagues at work for blowing my nose hundreds of times :D

I'll be happy with only having to attend the office half the week, going forward. They won't let us back yet.

Reactions: 6
Exactly I think they can't not be flexible anymore. E.g. in the past if you had stomach ache or bad hayfever but not enough to call in sick we'd have to go in and get through the day, but now we have proven we could work from home but now spare our colleagues the discomfort of seeing us suffering, etc. I am still waiting to hear what my arrangement will be but i think it has been proven to HR and the ops team that actually, we have kept going just fine with everyone at home. This pandemic is going to change some HR policies for sure. I have had terrible hayfever this week and it has been far more comfortable dealing with it at home whilst working than having to apologize to colleagues at work for blowing my nose hundreds of times :D

I'll be happy with only having to attend the office half the week, going forward. They won't let us back yet.
We worked from home 2 days a week as standard however I definitely think they’ll be more flexible. As you say, if you have a cold you’re often well enough to work but would be much more comfortable doing so in pyjamas at home.

It’s nice to know I’ll be able to spend more time at home over Christmas even if I’m sat in front of a laptop!

Reactions: 5
Agreeing with the above posts very much right now. Terrible nights sleep, migraine came on in the middle of the night. Wouldn’t have been able to drive this morning but I’ve hauled myself out of bed for ibuprofen and turned on my work laptop with the planning of logging off early if it doesn’t subside. It’s now easing off so all good 😊

Husbands work emailed this morning. He was due to go back to work on 1st September but it's now been pushed back to 1st October. Not great as furlough is only just covering bills and food and we've not a penny spare should any of us need clothes or anything breaks in this house. We've already used all our savings

• Sad
Reactions: 8
58997A9C-6403-467A-A675-8EB471280B6B.jpeg

click image for url of article.
I hope pub goers have not lied about their ID in any way as testing and tracking is going to fail at this rate. I do think cases will go up.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
View attachment 174671

click image for url of article.
I hope pub goers have not lied about their ID in any way as testing and tracking is going to fail at this rate. I do think cases will go up.
Most of the landlords said they weren't going to bother with customers details as it's not mandatory..

• Angry
  • Sad
This morning, husband and I went to our local Wetherspoons for breakfast. We were the only ones in there and it was probably the cleanest it’s ever been. Only problem was that they had no sausages so I had to have vegan ones (like chewing on meat-flavoured polystyrene) 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Most of the landlords said they weren't going to bother with customers details as it's not mandatory..
In every way it’s mandatory, how else will people be informed of a coronavirus outbreak in the pub or confirmed cases at the place they’ve just been to? Yes we should have lockdown eased, life needs to go back to normality, but at the same time, we also need to think about the practicalities of testing and tracking, there will be lots of people who don’t agree to their data being shared, but this is in exchange of them visiting these establishments. I think pubs need to consider the implications of this.

Reactions: 5
This morning, husband and I went to our local Wetherspoons for breakfast. We were the only ones in there and it was probably the cleanest it’s ever been. Only problem was that they had no sausages so I had to have vegan ones (like chewing on meat-flavoured polystyrene) 🤢
Now I want a spoons breakfast! My friends are all saying we can't go there on our nights out anymore because of the way the staff were treated which I get but I also really like being able to order a garlic bread and a pitcher of cocktails at the same time without leaving my chair 😂

I have Slug and Lettuce booked for dinner tomorrow night and they have introduced an order from your table app, will report back on experience 😋

• Haha
Reactions: 6
In every way it’s mandatory, how else will people be informed of a coronavirus outbreak in the pub or confirmed cases at the place they’ve just been to? Yes we should have lockdown eased, life needs to go back to normality, but at the same time, we also need to think about the practicalities of testing and tracking, there will be lots of people who don’t agree to their data being shared, but this is in exchange of them visiting these establishments. I think pubs need to consider the implications of this.
They definitely do ! makes you wonder how this person tested positive on Monday for the virus but was in the pub over the weekend does it not take a few days for the results to come through ? If that's the case they went out to a pub while knowing they possibly had the virus !

Now I want a spoons breakfast! My friends are all saying we can't go there on our nights out anymore because of the way the staff were treated which I get but I also really like being able to order a garlic bread and a pitcher of cocktails at the same time without leaving my chair 😂

I have Slug and Lettuce booked for dinner tomorrow night and they have introduced an order from your table app, will report back on experience 😋
Yeah, I did feel a bit guilty about going there 😕

Reactions: 1
There's bad news on the herd immunity front too,according to the Spanish there's very few people have any antibodies and the lancet has backed this by studying other countries where the virus is rampant .SD is all they can recommend..

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.