Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's bad news on the herd immunity front too,according to the Spanish there's very few people have any antibodies and the lancet has backed this by studying other countries where the virus is rampant .SD is all they can recommend..
t cells are meant to provide twice the immunity compared to antibodies but they aren't detected in antigen tests. maybe some new type of test maybe developed...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
t cells are meant to provide twice the immunity compared to antibodies but they aren't detected in antigen tests. maybe some new type of test maybe developed...

Still no closer to herd immunity sadly but there's still a lot to learn about the virus. Hopefully treatments are the way forward trying to control an unseen enemy is pointless..

Reactions: 2
They definitely do ! makes you wonder how this person tested positive on Monday for the virus but was in the pub over the weekend does it not take a few days for the results to come through ? If that's the case they went out to a pub while knowing they possibly had the virus !
Apparently they are asymptomatic and got tested after being made aware of coming into contact somewhere else.
I'm not sure how quick the turn around is on tests though?

Reactions: 1
Apparently they are asymptomatic and got tested after being made aware of coming into contact somewhere else.
I don't know ,I just read the pub owner got a phonecall from someone on Monday and they told him they had the virus ?

my friend got her results from a drive through the next day

Reactions: 1
Independent SAGE are live on FB they've just said the gov are messing this up again ,the infection rate in the UK has plateaued for weeks now when it should still be falling .Scotland ,Ireland are on the way to zero covid status but the UK government are going to leave the economy in a worse state as they've opened too soon and once the spread escalates the country will be brought to a halt once again 🤷‍♀️

Think this is the mirror. BBC says one pub closed as someone has tested positive in a member of staffs bubble
It was on sky news page I saw it ? they must have got a test on Sunday then ?

• Sad
Do we think that if it got bad again that they would fully lock us down, or do you think they will just let it spread and hope for the best? 😬 I am worried it will be the latter.
I don’t think they can fully lock people down again, there would be uproar. They might do soft lockdowns of certain areas to make an example of them like they did with Leicester - people and the economy are already at breaking point, the NHS is fine, there would be no reason to lockdown again unless it was a new much deadlier strain.

Reactions: 4
Leicester to stay in lockdown for another 2 weeks at least

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Do we think that if it got bad again that they would fully lock us down, or do you think they will just let it spread and hope for the best? 😬 I am worried it will be the latter.

Also, this is madness.

If they don't get a grip on these spikes and it get's out of control they'll have to lockdown again ,especially coming up to flu season when the hospital's are usually under pressure..

Reactions: 2
If they don't get a grip on these spikes and it get's out of control they'll have to lockdown again ,especially coming up to flu season when the hospital's are usually under pressure..
I dunno though - the whole point of lockdown was to give the NHS a chance to acquire extra beds, ventilators and PPE so that they could withstand a wave. Even at the height of the death rate here the NHS wasn’t overwhelmed and now we literally have massive nightingale hospitals ready and waiting and a fully established testing service. The main issues I saw were down to staff isolating and being redeployed, the actual wards as far as I know never got as bad as they usually do even at peak flu season. Plus if you consider this was probably around in Jan/Feb which is the worst time of year? It would have to be much MUCH worse than the first wave to justify a lockdown again and I really don’t think it’s going to be tolerated and accepted as much as it was in March.

Reactions: 7
I dunno though - the whole point of lockdown was to give the NHS a chance to acquire extra beds, ventilators and PPE so that they could withstand a wave. Even at the height of the death rate here the NHS wasn’t overwhelmed and now we literally have massive nightingale hospitals ready and waiting and a fully established testing service. The main issues I saw were down to staff isolating and being redeployed, the actual wards as far as I know never got as bad as they usually do even at peak flu season. Plus if you consider this was probably around in Jan/Feb which is the worst time of year? It would have to be much MUCH worse than the first wave to justify a lockdown again and I really don’t think it’s going to be tolerated and accepted as much as it was in March.
Also, with SD in place it should never get to the numbers it did in March/April when it was being passed around freely with no social distancing in place at all. Even if only 50% of people were following SD that would slow the spread (and much more than 50% are!)

Reactions: 5
It would be impossible to get people to lockdown again, but if community transmission spikes what else would they do ? businesses ,schools will have to close as people will be on an endless isolating cycle how will employers/employees cope .Going through the flu season with the virus still escalating would be a nightmare staff shortages would be the main problem through having to isolate or becoming ill who'll look after the patients..Not forgetting they estimate only 10% of the population has had it that still leaves a lot of people prone to catching it..

Last edited:

Also, this is madness.

I think they'll only do local lockdowns.

Just recieved a call from my sons form tutor. He had a little 20 minute face to face meeting with her yesterday and a look around the school to see the measures put in place. She called me to tell me that he said he's terrified of going back to school and giving me covid. He's 13 years old. He shouldn't have to worry about things about this. My heart hurts 😭

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.