Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feeling very sick and sad. Nick Cordero died after 95 days in the ICU with covid. He was 41, had a wife and a 1 yr old son. Broadway actor with no underlaying conditions. He had strokes, holes in his lungs, heart stopped, leg amputated. THrough absolute hell.

If you are going out in public, wear a bleeping mask.
And social distance.

Seconded. It’s so sad.

I was in my local Tesco Express yesterday morning and this poor lady collapsed into tears at the till. Her husband had died a few days ago after being on a ventilator for five weeks. Like you say - wear a bleeping mask.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Oh yes make kids stay in a bubble but everyone else go to the pub and mix with god knows who. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
Anyone had to test a 3 year old?? Any tips?
mines Had a temp all weekend (he did start preschool last week so probably just freshers flu!)

Anyone had to test a 3 year old?? Any tips?
mines Had a temp all weekend (he did start preschool last week so probably just freshers flu!)
If you’re going through a drive through , keep them in the car seat and try to keep the head still

Reactions: 1
Figures!

Monday 6th July: 16 deaths, 352 positive.

Last week:
Mon 29th June: 25 deaths, 815 positive.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Like I said in an earlier post, it’s not just the deaths. No one knows yet the long term effects.

Reactions: 8
Figures!

Monday 6th July: 16 deaths, 352 positive.

Last week:
Mon 29th June: 25 deaths, 815 positive.
Very promising! It’ll be interesting to see the trend in the next few weeks now lockdown is pretty much over for most people.

Reactions: 8
Like I said in an earlier post, it’s not just the deaths. No one knows yet the long term effects.
...no one has said it was just the deaths? We also talk about the positive test numbers when we discuss the figures.

If they start sharing daily figures on long term effects, I'll be sure to share those too.

Reactions: 6
...no one has said it was just the deaths? We also talk about the positive test numbers when we discuss the figures.

If they start sharing daily figures on long term effects, I'll be sure to share those too.
It wasn’t criticising but just wanted to remind people that it’s not all about the deaths. At the beginning, I just focussed on those. I read that there is a support group on FB called something like COVID Long Tail Support.

So today's the day that I can now meet up to 6 people outside. Now to find 6 people that I actually still like. Far too many friends and family have pissed me off during all this 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
[/

It wasn’t criticising but just wanted to remind people that it’s not all about the deaths. At the beginning, I just focussed on those. I read that there is a support group on FB called something like COVID Long Tail Support.
Okay, thanks for clarifying. I am hoping soon there will be some valuable and conclusive data on any long term effects.

At the min the only measurable metric we have for if things are getting better are the daily deaths and positive tests - in relation to your point at least if the positive test numbers are dropping too (which they are at the min) that's less people who will also suffer long term effects.

Reactions: 3
If you’re going through a drive through , keep them in the car seat and try to keep the head still
Did it at home but it was still hard to keep him still!! I ended up doing a bit of throat and both nostrils but still not sure I did enough (it said do throat and nose Or both nostrils if can’t do throat). Felt like 20 minutes but not sure it was 20 seconds in total as required.

Do you know if it’s not enough the results will come back inconclusive or will they come back negative?

Okay, thanks for clarifying. I am hoping soon there will be some valuable and conclusive data on any long term effects.

At the min the only measurable metric we have for if things are getting better are the daily deaths and positive tests - in relation to your point at least if the positive test numbers are dropping too (which they are at the min) that's less people who will also suffer long term effects.
Apparently you can still have it and test negative. It can take another two or three tests to confirm. And, there will be lots who were never tested because they stayed at home.

Reactions: 1
Great figures, even after the weekend lag.

Do we know the test figures?
Yes, but I'm lazy 😉
143,456 tests.

EDIT: sorry! They've changed the format and confused me.That's tests available. Tests processed is actually 97,315.

Last Monday:

Apparently you can still have it and test negative. It can take another two or three tests to confirm. And, there will be lots who were never tested because they stayed at home.
Okay, but assuming that's been the case all along, the numbers are still dropping. (Unless false negatives have only just started happening and people have only just started deciding to not get tested!)

Reactions: 2
Not to be a Debbie downer but do we think this will come back in the winter even worse? That terrifies me. When do you think this nightmare will be over so we can live in less fear again?

We’re still shielding and our eldest has to return to work in a month which for us is worrying as we have vulnerable people in our home. It’s awful having to live like this and I can’t see it getting any safer until there’s a vaccine.

• Sad
Not to be a Debbie downer but do we think this will come back in the winter even worse? That terrifies me. When do you think this nightmare will be over so we can live in less fear again?

We’re still shielding and our eldest has to return to work in a month which for us is worrying as we have vulnerable people in our home. It’s awful having to live like this and I can’t see it getting any safer until there’s a vaccine.
Even if it comes back we know a lot more about the virus now, the reason it was so bad this year was because it was brand new.

Reactions: 9

Backing up pixipoppy. They will know almost immediately it is covid because of the symptoms, the testing capacity is there, they know the steroids which can help improve life expectancy, they also won't release elderly straight into care homes without a test first...and so on.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.