Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone doubting this virus or doubting wearing a mask needs to be sent this. I have seen many accounts of people that had covid saying the same thing. I don't wear a mask outdoors but will wear one inside public areas for as long as needed, it doesn't bother me.

I know, I read it this morning and thought the same😢

My mum and dad went in to town today for the first time since lockdown. They're devastated as their favourite little cafe is no more. They said town was eerily quite though and that they felt pretty safe but did avoid the larger shops such as Primark and Tesco. They even managed a meal in another little cafe and said it was weird but nice to have someone else cook for them.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I feel this Covid 19 has brought out the entitlement in most people.

I’ve just read a post on someone’s Facebook (not naming names) small business of course, moaning about why their Botox / filler business can’t open but pubs can. This person has worked on the front line in a hospital. I have nothing against nurses and doctors I commend u all but this made my blood boil. All of these changes have been to suit a man apparently.

Personally a pub or Botox and fillers aren’t at the top of my list. Schools opening safely, gyms for everyone’s overall health, cancer patients getting treatment and patients who need treatment for pain relief is at the top of my list.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I feel this Covid 19 has brought out the entitlement in most people.

I’ve just read a post on someone’s Facebook (not naming names) small business of course, moaning about why their Botox / filler business can’t open but pubs can. This person has worked on the front line in a hospital. I have nothing against nurses and doctors I commend u all but this made my blood boil. All of these changes have been to suit a man apparently.

Personally a pub or Botox and fillers aren’t at the top of my list. Schools opening safely, gyms for everyone’s overall health, cancer patients getting treatment and patients who need treatment for pain relief is at the top of my list.
This person obviously doesnt understand that to give Botox you have to be very close to one another... A pub landlord/bar maid/man doesn't need to get that close!

However I'd still like to share this gem...

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I do feel for people who own/work in places that deliver up close beauty treatments though, I can't imagine having no roadmap or mention of when my livelihood may return, so I understand them expressing frustration at other things opening when there's no end in sight for them.

Reactions: 16
Just drove past a pub and the men outside wasnt socially distancing.
Same at my local. It looked like normal.

We have to wear masks all the time at work now, I am OK in my office but as soon as I move into the corridors I have to be masked up. It is a sign we have enough ppe now anyway 😂❤

Reactions: 6
Finally going to be reunited with my favourite restaurant today 😂😂😂 I’m so excited for a proper date night for the first time since Feb!!!
Hope they've cleaned the fridge out at some point and the next few nights' meals aren't made with four month old milk :D

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Farage is the next covidiot he's sitting in the pub when he should still be in quarantine after returning from the US

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Might be an unpopular opinion but I just don’t get the rush and excitement of getting back out to the pub 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m not a massive pub goer, not at all really which probably explains it 😂

I totally get the kids off to the grandparents. I’d love a day/night off from constant talking to be honest 😂 I think we’d just sit in silence not speaking haha. Just making the most of the quiet!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Cummings - “I’m gonna single handedly duck this lockdown tit up”

Farage - “hold my passport and my beer” 😐

Reactions: 12
Well my mum finally got her wish and the minute (second) the rain stopped there was a ring at the doorbell and she waiting with open arms for her hugs 😂

We then had to put MIL out of her misery and told her she better come get her hugs as well 🤪

They all had big smiles on their faces and it was pretty sweet 😍

For me that was 100 times better than anything else being lifted.

It was super strange and the adults all still had to stay apart. I kept trying to keep the kids back then remembering it was ok. It was also hard then to not start drifting to close to the adults it did take a lot of thought to keep us all right 🤪😬

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Am I wrong in thinking that only people from the same household should be close? These fellas may be 1m but there's certainly no +.... ?!

I presumed that it would be households only allowed to sit together at tables unless they were sat 1m+ apart ?

Well my mum finally got her wish and the minute (second) the rain stopped there was a ring at the doorbell and she waiting with open arms for her hugs 😂

We then had to put MIL out of her misery and told her she better come get her hugs as well 🤪

It was super strange and the adults all still had to stay apart. I kept trying to keep the kids back then remembering it was ok. It was also hard then to not start drifting to close to the adults it did take a lot of thought to keep us all right 🤪😬
Is it okay though? Didn't think it was... Have you decided to go against the guidelines? Were thinking of doing the same but haven't yet. It's all so confusing and I follow the briefings regularly

Attachments

Reactions: 3

If you want to cry today just look on FB or Twitter for videos of kids hugging their grandparents in Scotland. It really is so sweet 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Am I wrong in thinking that only people from the same household should be close? These fellas may be 1m but there's certainly no +.... ?!

I presumed that it would be households only allowed to sit together at tables unless they were sat 1m+ apart ?
There's a good point in there ,if there's any kind of drunken fights these people will be potentially carrying the virus to the hospitals again :rolleyes: that table wouldn't be the width of a mtre

• Sad

Is it okay though? Didn't think it was... Have you decided to go against the guidelines? Were thinking of doing the same but haven't yet. It's all so confusing and I follow the briefings regularly
Think restaurants are saying 2 households max at 1 table but could be wrong.

Boris says no but I don’t expect my toddler to understand that she can’t go near her family when we’re in the garden or like now when we go into houses. We have a pretty limited social circle anyway so as adults we’ll continue to keep the distance for as long as necessary, but we made sure everybody was ok with the risk first.
But if you're bubbling, then you can hug, right? Going to see my mum with my kids for first time since lockdown, and staying for 3 nights as she's a 4 hr drive away. We've been fairly locked down and being very careful (live rural) and so is she. We are not allowed to hug BUT if we bubble then we can. Am I understanding it correctly? I mean, I think its about using your commonsense really so we're being extra careful/almost isolating this week to be the least risk to her, but after 3 months on her own, I really think she needs a hug!

But if you're bubbling, then you can hug, right? Going to see my mum with my kids for first time since lockdown, and staying for 3 nights as she's a 4 hr drive away. We've been fairly locked down and being very careful (live rural) and so is she. We are not allowed to hug BUT if we bubble then we can. Am I understanding it correctly? I mean, I think its about using your commonsense really so we're being extra careful/almost isolating this week to be the least risk to her, but after 3 months on her own, I really think she needs a hug!
If you’re bubbling you can hug as you essentially become the same household so if any of you get symptoms you all isolate.
I’ve bubbled with my bf but I just dropped my son to my mums and I’ve let them have a hug after all this time. They are going to distance as much as is practical for the rest of the evening they’ve said. I got choked up seeing the joy on their faces with that one hug. We’re quite a huggy family so it’s been hard these past few months. I’ve still kept my distance from her though and can’t wait for a mum hug when I’m allowed.

Reactions: 1
If you’re in a bubble then yes you can all behave as normal and not have to keep your distance etc, even adults. But if somebody shows symptoms then you would all have to isolate as from when you bubble you essentially become ‘one household’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.