Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My son was referred to dermatology as having some issues with his toes. Recieved a letter this morning saying that unfortunately they're unable to see him due to covid. So we can go to the pub and get pissed but my 13 year old son can't get treatment for a condition that's causing him pain.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
View attachment 171850

My Niece was going out there for a month in 2 weeks time I wonder what parts will be closed
My uncle is due to fly out to Spain as his wife’s parents live out there. I understand planes have amazing systems for recirculating air but I’m not sold!

Also no pub for me today. We have pubs in the family and they’re not 100% happy with the guidelines and working on reduced hours. I guess it’s up to the customers how they act, they can only do so much to stop them but if people are stupid with drink, who knows 😩

Also remember when everyone was posting screenshots of the army blocking roads a few months back 😂😂

Reactions: 2
My favourite was how someone’s cousins aunt etc knew the military were going to be on the street the next day, coming from a very military background I knew this was bollocks, some people were convinced though 😬
my recent ex (together at the beginning of lockdown) was the worst for this! someone in the pub told him during 'secret meetings' the military would be deployed on the streets and outside supermarkets!! sharing on Facebook that China were secretly killing and cremating people to keep the numbers low..any bad piece of news he'd believe. glad that's out of my life and rant over!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Finally going to be reunited with my favourite restaurant today 😂😂😂 I’m so excited for a proper date night for the first time since Feb!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My uncle is due to fly out to Spain as his wife’s parents live out there. I understand planes have amazing systems for recirculating air but I’m not sold!

Also no pub for me today. We have pubs in the family and they’re not 100% happy with the guidelines and working on reduced hours. I guess it’s up to the customers how they act, they can only do so much to stop them but if people are stupid with drink, who knows 😩

Also remember when everyone was posting screenshots of the army blocking roads a few months back 😂😂
Her husbands parents bought a villa out there just as lockdown was announced they were getting work done to it and had ordered a load of furniture for it. They were going out to sort it out ,they fly all over the world it doesn't bother them they were in Australia just before lockdown at the height of the pandemic with their 3 yr old :rolleyes: not for me either .They own a pub also but they don't sell food in it so idk if they'll be allowed to stay open ..when the drinks in the wits out so I can't see much SD going on plus I think it'll be more hostile if people are asking people to move back or whatever they'll be getting a punch on the nose....After this year anything is possible the army could still be needed yet :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Hello new to this thread, sorry if this has been a question already raised. But is anyone else finding food stores this week are no longer bothering with the queuing outside system?? I did a shop in Lidl at weekend, no queue walked straight in and there were a lot of people inside. Had to go to Aldi’s and Asda last night and the same again. Aldi’s had been sanitising the trolley before giving it to you when you were waiting in the queue. That’s now gone, back to using coins for the trolleys. Both stores were v busy inside.
In Asda was it a normal Friday night shop, really busy. Just feel they’ve given up? Might just be my area, thought I’d ask on here, as it’s making me cross that loads of people think everything back to normal!
I think it's because they have been allowed to increase the number of people in store at a time. Due to the 1 meter plus rule I think.
I must admit it's been nice not to have to queue for over an hour to get in.

Reactions: 3
Yesterday we went for a walk. There was another family. His dad said about going to the pub today, the child said "how come pubs are open but I cant go to school" says it all 😑
Adults can distance a lot easier than kids can. You don't need to fit 1500 kids into a pub...

I think it's because they have been allowed to increase the number of people in store at a time. Due to the 1 meter plus rule I think.
Problem is. Very few customers will be adhering to 1m+... The + being a mask/visor. They should be compulsory in shops (well done Scotland)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I see, that makes sense. I agree it was nice not to have to queue, but the fact everyone wasn’t wearing masks (I was) and it was so busy, especially on some isles where people were not bothering to keep to the one metre rule, it felt so uncomfortable.
I’ll just try to find quieter times to shop from now on. I was caught unaware this week as I was expecting stores to be doing the normal routine of limiting customers.
I think it’s all too quick relaxing all the rules. I need time to get my head around them. 😕

Reactions: 9
Anyone doubting this virus or doubting wearing a mask needs to be sent this. I have seen many accounts of people that had covid saying the same thing. I don't wear a mask outdoors but will wear one inside public areas for as long as needed, it doesn't bother me.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Anyone doubting this virus or wearing a mask needs to be sent this. I have seen many accounts of people that had covid saying the same thing. I don't wear a mask outdoors but will wear one inside public areas for as long as needed, it doesn't bother me.

There was a young doctor on sky news saying the same thing he's still really ill 3 months later..

Reactions: 4
There was a young doctor on sky news saying the same thing he's still really ill 3 months later..
The problems that women is having sound horrific. I saw the same on CNN with a Broadway performer. 3 months later and he still has lung and chest problems.

Kate Garraways husband is still in hospital too and not showing any signs of improvement from what I can make out. This virus really is horrific.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Kate Garraways husband is still in hospital too and not showing any signs of improvement from what I can make out. This virus really is horrific.
Same with Amanda Kloots husband, 16 weeks in the hospital now and not much improvement. He's had strokes, holes in his lungs, sepsis and have to have a leg amputated, amongst other horrific stuff.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Can I ask peoples thoughts on whether they will allowing grandparents/relatives to hug now that we can go inside and sleepover at houses?! Were not supposed to...

We've stuck to the rules religiously but have decided to let our household bubble up with 2 others. It means that the kids can all play. They're too young for school but could go to the childminder but they aren't. So in theory this is way safer in terms of risk and exposure to others.

Is it a 'guideline' or 'law' that we shouldn't hug? I rmemeber Boris saying that the.polcor won't enforce anything a couple of weeks ago but instead he trusts people 😳
Boris says no but I don’t expect my toddler to understand that she can’t go near her family when we’re in the garden or like now when we go into houses. We have a pretty limited social circle anyway so as adults we’ll continue to keep the distance for as long as necessary, but we made sure everybody was ok with the risk first.

I read this in the Daily Mail last night, there is no other source sadly but the story is totally insane!

According to other sources the Barista made shitloads of money from the public.

The woman at the center of this story happens to be an anti-vaxxer which makes the story even more insane.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.