Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Is this going to be shape of things to come for the future? This wasn’t even a member of staff 😯 How the hell are schools going to operate and our children get a decent education if they have to go into a 2 week quarantine when someone who isn’t even a member of staff contracts it? Will it also be the same if a family members of children or staff test positive?

This is going to fun when we get into typical childhood illness season. We’ve no vaccine, it’s not going to be eradicated for a long time so are about to enter months/years of disruptive shut/open/shut/open 😣
This is what worries me! In September if this two week isolations still in place it's going to be a nightmare!

Reactions: 5
Our school's policy is if someone in the class of 15 (inc teacher) tests positive then those 15 have to isolate for 2 weeks. This is so tenuous
I am genuinely worried my son is going to be impacted educationally and developmentally from something that he (and us as his parents) have less risk of being harmed from than being hit by a car on his way to school 😣

By all means, shield if you are high risk but let those who want to start living some sort of normal life do so. I never thought I’d say this but maybe heard immunity is they way to go? So many questions and what if’s!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Our school's policy is if someone in the class of 15 (inc teacher) tests positive then those 15 have to isolate for 2 weeks. This is so tenuous
Does the family have to as well or just the child? It's going to be a pain for working parents off both have to take time off to isolate!

Reactions: 1
I am genuinely worried my son is going to be impacted educationally and developmentally from something that he (and us as his parents) have less risk of being harmed from than being hit by a car on his way to school 😣

By all means, shield if you are high risk but let those who want to start living some sort of normal life do so. I never thought I’d say this but maybe heard immunity is they way to go? So many questions and what if’s!
It's always been herd immunity 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
It's always been herd immunity 🤷‍♀️
It’s a really strung out way of doing it. What chance have we got of gaining immunity if we are closing things for 2 weeks because of someone who hasn’t even been there?

Can’t say it’s something I’m an expert though! Just someone who is concerned that my sons education is being fucked up but I can take him shopping.

Oh gosh, that school is not far from me!

This isn’t going to work come September when parents are back to work and kids are in school. I think we just need to go back to normal now and what will be will be. I find going out too stressful but staying in isn’t doing me much good either.

It’s a really strung out way of doing it. What chance have we got of gaining immunity if we are closing things for 2 weeks because of someone who hasn’t even been there?

Can’t say it’s something I’m an expert though! Just someone who is concerned that my sons education is being fucked up but I can take him shopping.
It's probs the teaching unions having a hand in it ,if someone happened to be in the minority that are badly effected /fatal people would blame the schools. I say it's their way of keeping themselves right . Herd immunity is going on all around us not just in schools ,once you step outside you're part of the herd just depends if you catch it or not. But I agree the toing and froing will never work for anyone :(

Reactions: 2

I feel the exact same , my son is due to start reception in September. 🤦🏼‍♀️

It's probs the teaching unions having a hand in it ,if someone happened to be in the minority that are badly effected /fatal people would blame the schools. I say it's their way of keeping themselves right . Herd immunity is going on all around us not just in schools ,once you step outside you're part of the herd just depends if you catch it or not. But I agree the toing and froing will never work for anyone :(
My son is back and I’m getting the impression from staff and teachers when talking to them that they want to get them all back in and get back to normal.

My son is back and I’m getting the impression from staff and teachers when talking to them that they want to get them all back in and get back to normal.
My friends a sec teacher she said it's the unions are mostly holding things up and the SD issue ,but most want to get back.

Reactions: 3
I would like to clarify that teachers are the unions. Many teachers may want to get back but many more believe slow and steady is better. Otherwise it will be utter chaos and risking lives to boot. There is no good way of doing this.

Reactions: 6
I don't think they have a clue what they're doing, the government that is. Not the teachers.
For schools, i feel like those who aren't accessing the home learning should be the first back after the vulnerable kids, then it should be opened up to children who are struggling or have parents who are struggling and then to the rest who want to return.
I have no desire for either of mine to return and have made it clear to the school that they wont be back this academic year. They have rung me today however to tell me they have 'saved' them a place in their respective bubbles. Which to me seems pointless and is taking up 2 places for children who could benefit from them.
The year 1 teacher said they have had 9 out of 59 pupils return, but they've left a place for the other 50, just in case. There are 5 weeks left of the school term, i cannot see all 50 of those parents suddenly changing their minds for the last 25 days of education this academic year has left in it!

I also asked her about September and she said currently it will be part time for all including keyworker children, vulnerable children will be the only ones offered a full time place. And it would be Monday and Tuesday for EYFS & KS1, then Thursday and Friday for KS2. She said things could change though but that is what they are planning for.

69 preliminary toll including a 13 day old baby (no underlying health conditions):(

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I’m in Asda as they couldn’t fullfil my order online. It’s a shambles! People in masks think social distancing doesn’t apply, people (both customers and staff) are going about like Nothings happening and the queues are insane!

This is my nearest big town which I haven’t been to since lockdown and clearly it’s over here. In a way I’m glad as it was too stressful being so careful but here no one cares.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Today's figures:
20200618_151610.jpg

Last Thursday there were 151 deaths and 1266 positive for comparison.

Massive earthquake in NZ and tsunami warning :(
I just saw they have covid cases again. One from a man that travelled from Pakistan to Australia then to NZ. The others are two women that arrived from Britain and were given compassionate exceptions to not quarantine to go to a funeral I think. I thought their borders were closed? If people have to go into emergency shelter cause of the earthquake that won't be good for the spread of it either. https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...fences-under-scrutiny-as-more-breaches-emerge

Massive earthquake in NZ and tsunami warning :(
Just spotted that 🙈 the first coastal town to hit if a tsunami occurs is the area I wanna relocate to 🙈 the main reason I picked north island is because it’s more common in South Island for the earthquakes

• Sad
I just saw they have covid cases again. One from a man that travelled from Pakistan to Australia then to NZ. I thought their borders were closed? If people have to go into emergency shelter cause of the earthquake that won't be good for the spread of it either. https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...fences-under-scrutiny-as-more-breaches-emerge
I read a couple of days ago they were tightening up the borders as two women travelled from London and were granted permission to leave quarantine early to visit a sick relative .Only to test positive after travelling through a number of towns , god knows how many they infected on their way...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.