Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Couldn’t have said it better myself. These douche bags love to waste money don’t they? Bunch of twunts.

Civilisation is returning to a more “normal” now, yet it seems like we are being told there’s still a real risk to health with this virus. What is it?
The second wave, Governments around the planet are shitting their pants about a second wave, Boris must be really crapping his pants, he holds our future in his grubby little hands.

Mind you it's kicking off again in China, those bleeping markets again, NOW will they learn???

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
The second wave, Governments around the planet are shitting their pants about a second wave, Boris must be really crapping his pants, he holds our future in his grubby little hands.

Mind you it's kicking off again in China, those bleeping markets again, NOW will they learn???
And Italy children aswell as adults ..

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
I was just reading an article in the Guardian about a scientist discussing Covid with Parliament. It truly is the stuff of nightmares.

“What you find in the lungs of people who have stayed with the disease for more than a month before dying is something completely different from normal pneumonia, influenza or the Sars virus,” he said. “You see massive thrombosis. There is a complete disruption of the lung architecture – in some lights you can’t even distinguish that it used to be a lung.
“There are large numbers of very big fused cells which are virus positive with as many as 10, 15 nuclei,” he said. “I am convinced this explains the unique pathology of Covid-19. This is not a disease caused by a virus which kills cells, which had profound implications for therapy.”

• Sad
Reactions: 4
There's been people that have had to get lung transplants because of the virus I remember reading about an American woman in her 20's that had to get one (she was healthy beforehand).

• Sad
Reactions: 2
@SarahGard83 what's the betting we're not getting a shielding update today? 😭😤

I know I sound like a petulant child but I want to know what's going on with my life.

I was referred to hospital for an urgent optical CT scan but the hospital won't see me due to the fact I'm shielding. Work are piling on the pressure, asking me to work full time (I can't as single parent to toddler) or tell them when child can go back to nursery so I can work full time again.
How come the hospital aren’t seeing shielding patients
Our department is - but that’s because the risks of not having procedure outweighs risk of covid

Reactions: 1
I was just reading an article in the Guardian about a scientist discussing Covid with Parliament. It truly is the stuff of nightmares.

“What you find in the lungs of people who have stayed with the disease for more than a month before dying is something completely different from normal pneumonia, influenza or the Sars virus,” he said. “You see massive thrombosis. There is a complete disruption of the lung architecture – in some lights you can’t even distinguish that it used to be a lung.
“There are large numbers of very big fused cells which are virus positive with as many as 10, 15 nuclei,” he said. “I am convinced this explains the unique pathology of Covid-19. This is not a disease caused by a virus which kills cells, which had profound implications for therapy.”
Has anyone been following Amanda Kloots? Her husband is 40 and was fit and healthy. He has now been in icu 3 months because of covid. His heart stopped multiple times, organs started failing, holes in his lungs, he got sepsis and had to have a leg amputated, blood transfusions, etc. His lungs apparently now look like someone that is a 50 year smoker. Icu doctors are saying it is awful, people are bleeding internally and having to have blood transfusions and their blood is thick like sludge.

• Sad
  • Wow
And Italy children aswell as adults ..
I can’t find anything about Italy. I must have missed it. Can you link it for me please?

I was feeling okay, but I’m verging on hysterical again. I feel angry, frustrated, in denial, all the stages of grief I suppose.
Gah

• Sad
Reactions: 5

It is such an awful disease it almost seems like it was designed to kill. They've never seen anything like it before.

• Sad
It is such an awful disease it almost seems like it was designed to kill. They've never seen anything like it before.
Indeed “designed to kill” is definitely quite fitting. I don’t buy it was from a wet market in China anymore.

Reactions: 14
Indeed “designed to kill” is definitely quite fitting. I don’t buy it was from a wet market in China anymore.
Neither do I. I think it leaked from the lab in Wuhan...whether by mistake or not is personal opinion. It is too coincidental that just in 2018, that lab had a warning from US official inspectors who said if they don't train their staff properly and use proper PPE then there is a chance they could cause a pandemic. It is one of the highest risk labs in the world. Apparently the wet market in Wuhan didn't even sell bats!!

Is this going to be shape of things to come for the future? This wasn’t even a member of staff 😯 How the hell are schools going to operate and our children get a decent education if they have to go into a 2 week quarantine when someone who isn’t even a member of staff contracts it? Will it also be the same if a family members of children or staff test positive?

This is going to fun when we get into typical childhood illness season. We’ve no vaccine, it’s not going to be eradicated for a long time so are about to enter months/years of disruptive shut/open/shut/open 😣

This is why I am sticking to homeschool . So far I have said they will be homeschooled for the remainder of this year .it's hard work but in the long term it is less disruptive for them. I will review everything for them hopefully to start back in January

Has anyone been following Amanda Kloots? Her husband is 40 and was fit and healthy. He has now been in icu 3 months because of covid. His heart stopped multiple times, organs started failing, holes in his lungs, he got sepsis and had to have a leg amputated, blood transfusions, etc. His lungs apparently now look like someone that is a 50 year smoker. Icu doctors are saying it is awful, people are bleeding internally and having to have blood transfusions and their blood is thick like sludge.
No I don't but I have followed Kate gateway who's said similar about the extensive damage to her husband who I think is still in a coma 😭

Last edited:
This is why I am sticking to homeschool . So far I have said they will be homeschooled for the remainder of this year .it's hard work but in the long term it is less disruptive for them. I will review everything for them hopefully to start back in January
I’m wfh full time and my partner is also working so not an option unfortunately. Plus he’s transitioning from yr 6 to yr 7 this years so an important year. Even if I could home school he’s SEN and I’ve had to give up for everyone’s sanity as it’s a nightmare to get him to do the work, tantrums, defiance, arguments. There’s no negotiating. He thrives in the school environment and enjoys being there and being with his friends, he’s currently doing 2 days a week and his mood and attitude has improved no end.

I’m wfh full time and my partner is also working so not an option unfortunately. Plus he’s transitioning from yr 6 to yr 7 this years so an important year. Even if I could home school he’s SEN and I’ve had to give up for everyone’s sanity as it’s a nightmare to get him to do the work, tantrums, defiance, arguments. There’s no negotiating. He thrives in the school environment and enjoys being there and being with his friends, he’s currently doing 2 days a week and his mood and attitude has improved no end.
My son also has SEN and we have decided not to continue with school work either. Just wanted to comment and say you arent alone with that!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I can’t find anything about Italy. I must have missed it. Can you link it for me please?

I was feeling okay, but I’m verging on hysterical again. I feel angry, frustrated, in denial, all the stages of grief I suppose.
Gah
Just google secondwave in Rome it should bring it up ,plus it's on the worldometer

Gah
me as well. im really not coping very well today. im finding the life turning slightly more normal really stressful..
Weve been invited to friends to go and visit them in the garden but as they live about 45 mins away they want us to stay night !
i dont want to ..my husband said everyones given up abiding by rules so hes happy to stay..im not and said im driving back that night ..i know he thinks im being hysterical but i have barely seen my Mum other than door stops drops and garden distancing/ not seen my neices and brother for anything other than a distanced chat through the car window and it all seems wrong to me.
Im not ready for this !
Weve had covid and im still frightened that you can get it again and that the kids may get it

Wonder if there will be more easing of restrictions in July other than hairdressers etc? Maybe full family social bubble?
I don’t think that will happen until we are at level 2. Level 2 is meant to be for “minimal social distancing”.

None of the measures should've being eased before we hit this level anyway
They shouldn’t have but it’s our governemnt we’re talking about😂😂 god knows what could happen next

I don’t think that will happen until we are at level 2. Level 2 is meant to be for “minimal social distancing”.
That is true but nothing should’ve been lifted until this level anyway, but it was all done early! So who knows what’s coming😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.