Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are hospital admissions going up? Just read it elsewhere but not sure if it's true
Missed the briefing today but slide from todays briefing below says they are down so dont think so. Down from 435 on 7th June.
Screenshot_20200617-191600_Drive.jpg

Reactions: 2
Daily briefings need to stop. Its just a media fest involving journalists and self promotion

I am busy my Husbands business is busy. We are sharing our daughters during the day. Though the teen one likes being at Dads work as she is dealing with phone enquiries and stuff like that.
Shopping is ok on food clothes wise hmmmmm. Won't do long queues etc

Reactions: 7
I’ve got to do a virtual parents evening in a couple of weeks. Don’t have a clue what I’ll say, given that I’ve never actually taught the class (first day of return to work after mat leave was first day of school closure) 😂

ETA: I have set work and taught them “virtually” but not taught them properly if you know what I mean!
😂😂 he hasn’t ‘ taught’ them either in the traditional sense. We spoke about mental health and how she was doing. He spoke about keeping up the reading wherever possible and said even with teaching the way it is she wasn’t behind in maths and English and shouldn't be disadvantaged next school year. She’s year 4. He’s been amazing, quite new out from uni this is his second year in the real world (his words). What he lacked in teaching experience he makes up for in enthusiasm and his home learning has been engaging and challenging where need be. We are sad that our daughter has only had him for six month.

I spoke to my son's teacher yesterday about him going back. He's in year 6 but I'd originally said no to him returning. He's now on the waiting list, so all being well he will return on 29th June when they organise the next bubble. He's absolutely thrilled!

The teachers at our school said back in April that they were working on school reports, so presume they will be sent around early July as normal. I'm not really sure what the point of them is though as there won't be much to write about. Just seems like extra, unnecessary work for the teachers

Life is bimbling on for us. We haven't gone anywhere (other than work and food shopping) or met up with anyone outside of the family yet. However we are going to the local Safari Park next week to celebrate one of my children's birthday. Apparently the toilets in the car park will be open but not those inside and there will be no feeding or touching animals. I'm quite looking forward to doing something different.
We had our form to complete today to send back . It was made very clear that once we had made our decision there was no changing our minds, I guess as there’s not long left of the term. I’ve still only heard positive stories of children going back , I’m happy With that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Drove thru my local town - or city shall I say - not much of a city tbh. I will just say its in Wiltshire, quite a few people out shopping I was shocked, and more shocked that nobody was wearing a mask, or social distancing.

Reactions: 3
I read local rag they releasing regional r rate again this friday

Also just saw this outbreak in meat factory in north Wales.

Drove thru my local town - or city shall I say - not much of a city tbh. I will just say its in Wiltshire, quite a few people out shopping I was shocked, and more shocked that nobody was wearing a mask, or social distancing.
Is the outlet open yet? Thats something I will miss.

Saw on latest haul video Lucy Jessica Carter must have visited bristol ikea the day it opened.

Also i expect she did bath primark too.

Reactions: 1
I might pop into town tomorrow, I know I said I wasnt going but Im curious to see how busy it is :giggle:

I haven't gone yet, hoping to go tomorrow. My friend went today and she said it wasn't too busy and managed to pick up loads!

I went !! I thought I was smart getting there before it opened, still was over an hour wait to get in 😴😴 oh and you couldn't try on so now I have £200 worth of trainers in the house and still 3 teenagers with shoes that don't fit ( they are wearing sliders 2 sizes too small so at least their toes can hang out)

I have rang up to ask if they have a different queue for returns and you have to queue in the main queue to take returns back 😖 but at least they are now taking refunds and returns as they didn't before

• Wow
I’m also shielding and have only been out twice in 13.5 weeks for 2 lots of my monthly blood tests....the government has said we can go on a daily walk which I haven’t done yet as I’ve been a bit nervous to do so, I’ve followed my own sense of what I’d like to do rather than the government. I don’t think they’ve “forgotten” us as such, realistically what can they do? If they tell us to go out and we get sick, we’d blame them, if they tell us to “stay in”, we’re “forgotten” about, they can’t issue us with our own Hazmat suits and say off you pop? The safest thing is for them to say to us to stay at home. It doesn’t mean we’re in a prison (tho I appreciate people in a flat with young children may feel like that), it means we’re safe and not at risk from catching anything.
I believe they’ll tell us to continue shielding until end of July.
But I’m going to start going for the occasional walk and I’ve had my dad deliver my shopping and stay in the garden at a distance from us and I’ll continue to do so. I’m making my own rules about how safe those things make me feel and I take full responsibility for any outcome.
I know it’s hard to not get out and to miss family but remember we’re safe and that’s the most important thing.

Reactions: 6
Back from getting my hair done, unless you really want/need it done/its just a cut, I do not recommend, lol...if others are taking the same procedures as my salon. I really appreciate how they're going over and above for safety but it wasn't relaxing. My hair hadnt been done since Dec and I had missed two appts cause of covid.

Anyway, I arrived and had to call to let them know I was there. They unlocked the door and let me in, I had to sanitize my hands. They had a disinfected shelf for my coat and bag. Masks are required. My hairdresser gave me my cape to put on. The appt was 3+ hours which was so long to wear a mask, my face was warm and sweaty. They had wipes I could use to disinfect my phone and use it while the colour developed. I had to run out and extend my parking, thougbt 3 hrs would be enough but it wasn't. Anyway, had to take my cape off and then go through the whole disinfecting thing again when I came back. Then she cut my hair. No, hairdrying which didn't bother me as my hair is so fine, it dried within 30 mins. It's very quiet without the dryers. My hair salon is having 15 people in at a time inc hairdressers but I would say there were only 4 other clients. The closest client to me was about 20 feet away, there was an open chair next to me but that wasn't used, it was about 10 ft away. They're only using 2 of the hair washing stations and then alternating which ones they use daily. For the bathroom. I went and then they had a sign that said "do not use", I had to flip it to that after I had been so they knew to disinfect it. I wanted some product too and they grabbed it for me.

I felt v safe. Anyway, I am exhausted now 😂 and ravenous as didn't eat when I was out. Would def only recommend if you need a quick cut.

Reactions: 9
Back from getting my hair done, unless you really want/need it done/its just a cut, I do not recommend, lol...if others are taking the same procedures as my salon. I really appreciate how they're going over and above for safety but it wasn't relaxing. My hair hadnt been done since Dec and I had missed two appts cause of covid.

Anyway, I arrived and had to call to let them know I was there. They unlocked the door and let me in, I had to sanitize my hands. They had a disinfected shelf for my coat and bag. Masks are required. My hairdresser gave me my cape to put on. The appt was 3+ hours which was so long to wear a mask, my face was warm and sweaty. They had wipes I could use to disinfect my phone and use it while the colour developed. I had to run out and extend my parking, thougbt 3 hrs would be enough but it wasn't. Anyway, had to take my cape off and then go through the whole disinfecting thing again when I came back. Then she cut my hair. No, hairdrying which didn't bother me as my hair is so fine, it dried within 30 mins. It's very quiet without the dryers. My hair salon is having 15 people in at a time inc hairdressers but I would say there were only 4 other clients. The closest client to me was about 20 feet away, there was an open chair next to me but that wasn't used, it was about 10 ft away. They're only using 2 of the hair washing stations and then alternating which ones they use daily. For the bathroom. I went and then they had a sign that said "do not use", I had to flip it to that after I had been so they knew to disinfect it. I wanted some product too and they grabbed it for me.

I felt v safe. Anyway, I am exhausted now 😂 and ravenous as didn't eat when I was out. Would def only recommend if you need a quick cut.
thanks for the info. Sounds like A transaction as opposed to a treatment, but I guess these are the times we are living in. Hopefully By the time you go again, things will be a little more relaxed

thanks for the info. Sounds like A transaction as opposed to a treatment, but I guess these are the times we are living in. Hopefully By the time you go again, things will be a little more relaxed
Fingers crossed. I really appreciate they're taking everyone's safety seriously. They don't have to, it is just guidelines. Some salons aren't going as far as that but the health inspectors can drop in and if they deem it not safe, can close them down.

Where are you based that the hair salon is open?

I have to say, your experience doesn’t make me feel excited for my appointment in a few weeks. 😂😂

Salons arnt supposed to be open yet!

Reactions: 2
Where are you based that the hair salon is open?

I have to say, your experience doesn’t make me feel excited for my appointment in a few weeks. 😂😂
You must be the only person who doesn’t know that bubbletea lives in Canada 🤣

Salons arnt supposed to be open yet!
She isn’t in the UK - I literally thought this was common knowledge on here. It’s a running joke of hers 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Normality is EXHAUSTING. How did we do it before!?! I was only at work for 5 hours today and I've been flat out all day :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.