Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mums work have sent out some PPE to her for her job and they’ve sent high vis jackets🧐🧐🧐 not sure the virus works by whether or not it can see someone in a high vis😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yesterday evening my youngest spiked a fever of 39 and I couldn't wake him properly when I tried to give him calpol, we went to hospital in an ambulance and I have never been so terrified in my life.
They think it's just an upper respiratory infection alongside gastro but we now have to isolate until his test result comes back, school said if it comes back positive then we need to let them know immediately so they can close my eldest's bubble.
He's a million times better than he was yesterday thankfully but it's left me quite shaken, I think where I've been off work we've been in our own little world and now it feels scary again.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Yesterday evening my youngest spiked a fever of 39 and I couldn't wake him properly when I tried to give him calpol, we went to hospital in an ambulance and I have never been so terrified in my life.
They think it's just an upper respiratory infection alongside gastro but we now have to isolate until his test result comes back, school said if it comes back positive then we need to let them know immediately so they can close my eldest's bubble.
He's a million times better than he was yesterday thankfully but it's left me quite shaken, I think where I've been off work we've been in our own little world and now it feels scary again.
Oh gosh. Hope your all ok ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
How scary. Hope he is better soon x

• Heart
I hope he’s ok xx

• Heart
I am genuinely worried my son is going to be impacted educationally and developmentally from something that he (and us as his parents) have less risk of being harmed from than being hit by a car on his way to school 😣

By all means, shield if you are high risk but let those who want to start living some sort of normal life do so. I never thought I’d say this but maybe heard immunity is they way to go? So many questions and what if’s!
This! The long term effects of lockdown are going to cause more problems that coronavirus will

Reactions: 8
Fingers crossed he’s back to 💯 soon and it’s just a normal run of the mill childhood illness. X

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I couldn’t wait to get back to the office (been working from home since lockdown was announced) but the measures they’ve put in place just sound awful and stressful so I’d rather stay at home while I can. The office is now open if you’d like to go but hardly anyone has expressed interest. They’re having a heat camera in the entrance, if you’re above a certain temperature, no entry for you! Our desks are not our own any more, you have to actually book a desk with your manager and it could be anywhere in the building. There’s a flip thing on it which you have to leave on ‘This desk is in use’ even after you’ve gone home. One way system round the building, no stopping to talk to people, no team meetings etc. Depressing. To be honest I’m not bothered about CV at all, if I get it I get it. I just think life goes on, obviously if you’re vulnerable etc you should isolate but I just think if you’re healthy and happy to do so then you should go about life as normal.

• Sad
My dads called me twice today to ask me to go round and help him with his computer. When I said it wasn’t the best idea he said both my brother and my sister have been in the house so it’s my turn. Which is all well and good but my sisters still on furlough and my brother works with my dad (they’re key workers) anyway so they’ve kept no distance through the whole thing, I’m the one who’s back at work and while our company is following a 2m rule I’m still sharing the kitchen and bathroom. I know really it’s partly that he misses me, and will do it because it’s what he wants but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I feel for people whose mental health has really suffered due to lockdown (I’ve had a few wobbles but they were mainly down to work stress). In the beginning my dad was absolutely convinced he was going to catch CV and die because the media has made people so fearful! He started isolating really early on (he has asthma) and he has anxiety anyway so he went off the scale worrying.

Every time I called him all he could talk about was the number of deaths, making sure I was distancing on my dog walks (I’m a grown woman), telling me not to turn up at the house etc. He went crazy when my step mum said she was still going to work. Completely irrational considering he doesn’t know a single person that’s been diagnosed/suspected (between all sides of my family, we know of 2 cases!).

He literally hasn’t left the house since mid March, not even for a walk in the park and he says he refuses to leave until there’s a vaccine. I really feel for him but I wish he would shake himself and realise he’s doing himself no favours. If he was to catch it, chances are he would be fine. But his negative defeatist attitude wouldn’t help! I know it’s easy to say when you’re not in that situation but it’s so frustrating that’s he’s put his life on hold and refuses to listen to anyone.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I can't see schools going back full time at all this year
I see also people shielding in NI are to follow the same advice as vulnerable from July 31st subject to infections rate remaining low. Maybe different areas of the UK will issue their own advice for people shielding depending on the R rate for that area ?

Reactions: 1
Boris knows how to waste money, you know with the UK having it's own covid 19 APP, now he's done a U-turn wasting all that money on an app and now going for the official one. Nice one Boris you muppet.

Reactions: 4
Boris knows how to waste money, you know with the UK having it's own covid 19 APP, now he's done a U-turn wasting all that money on an app and now going for the official one. Nice one Boris you muppet.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. These douche bags love to waste money don’t they? Bunch of twunts.

Civilisation is returning to a more “normal” now, yet it seems like we are being told there’s still a real risk to health with this virus. What is it?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.