Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went !! I thought I was smart getting there before it opened, still was over an hour wait to get in 😴😴 oh and you couldn't try on so now I have £200 worth of trainers in the house and still 3 teenagers with shoes that don't fit ( they are wearing sliders 2 sizes too small so at least their toes can hang out)

I have rang up to ask if they have a different queue for returns and you have to queue in the main queue to take returns back 😖 but at least they are now taking refunds and returns as they didn't before
And all the online ordered pairs still to return. Anybody else's kids have ridiculous thin long feet 🤮 ( I hate feet , even my own kids)

Where are you based that the hair salon is open?

I have to say, your experience doesn’t make me feel excited for my appointment in a few weeks. 😂😂
I am in Canada!

You must be the only person who doesn’t know that bubbletea lives in Canada 🤣

She isn’t in the UK - I literally thought this was common knowledge on here. It’s a running joke of hers 🤣
Hahahahahah.

Salons arnt supposed to be open yet!
In Canada it is allowed.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yes both my boys are too long for junior sizes but the fit in men's trainers are so wide!!
And crocs! I remember when my daughter was little and she was desperate for a pair, she could have put both feet in the width of one shoe. Shoe shops always advised on a bloody inner sole too, so the shoe didn’t slip too much. Then when she moved to seniors she wanted loafers, she’s got lace ups as they are the only shoe that doesn’t fall off 😂😂

I don't think I'm ready to get back into society yet. I have no clothes that fit. Gained so much weight over these few months as I'm not doing much and my treatment causes weight gain too. Why can't pjs be acceptable outside clothes? 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 4
oooh...I think I’ll do it then if it’s legit ☺
Who was your letter from, was it the one inviting you to take part in the study being conducted by Imperial College? I had to look it up after I got the letter to see if it was genuine because there isn’t actually a template of the letter anywhere!

Who was your letter from, was it the one inviting you to take part in the study being conducted by Imperial College? I had to look it up after I got the letter to see if it was genuine because there isn’t actually a template of the letter anywhere!

yes, it was for the Imperial College study, I will have to find the letter out tomorrow and look it up properly.

Oh no, that happened here at a beef factory a few months ago. Hopefully it doesn't spread too much.
My dad works in a beef factory, he's only been allowed back this week as loads of staff had it. Luckily he can work from home and he's in thier the minimal amount.

Reactions: 1
My friend got one of them letters too, I told her its probably a scam 😂🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 2
yes, it was for the Imperial College study, I will have to find the letter out tomorrow and look it up properly.
That’s the one I got too. Panicked for a minute in case there was a scam one going around as well and I was going to be responsible for you signing up! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
That’s the one I got too. Panicked for a minute in case there was a scam one going around as well and I was going to be responsible for you signing up! 😂
I haven’t done it yet, going to have another look later because I just shoved it in the drawer the other day 🤣

Sad to hear about the passing of Dame Vera Lynn. Her music really helped a lot of people both during the war and during this pandemic. 103 is a good age to get to though! ❤

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Sad to hear about the passing of Dame Vera Lynn. Her music really helped a lot of people both during the war and during this pandemic. 103 is a good age to get to though! ❤
She lived a full and long life and was loved even by those who didn’t know her. There will be many lives she’s touched in one way or another, it’s a sad day.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Is this going to be shape of things to come for the future? This wasn’t even a member of staff 😯 How the hell are schools going to operate and our children get a decent education if they have to go into a 2 week quarantine when someone who isn’t even a member of staff contracts it? Will it also be the same if a family members of children or staff test positive?

This is going to fun when we get into typical childhood illness season. We’ve no vaccine, it’s not going to be eradicated for a long time so are about to enter months/years of disruptive shut/open/shut/open 😣

Reactions: 3
Our school's policy is if someone in the class of 15 (inc teacher) tests positive then those 15 have to isolate for 2 weeks. This is so tenuous

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.