Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sky news had a report on it last night there were 62,000 excess deaths reported from March to May .These deaths don't be counted in the daily figures as they're indirectly linked to the virus .
I don't know what numbers to believe these days. The UK aren't doing well though despite what the government keep telling us

Reactions: 6
I don't know what numbers to believe these days. The UK aren't doing well though despite what the government keep telling us
I thought that number was shocking for a 2 month period .The numbers and data are not being reported correctly according to the media so it could be nearer the 50,000 +mark in deaths, from the start of the pandemic.

Reactions: 1
Papers from Sage have been released. Very interesting indeed. It just goes to show you shouldn't trust the media or the government. Only 17 minutes long if you've got the time. I'm quite shocked😳.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Papers from Sage have been released. Very interesting indeed. It just goes to show you shouldn't trust the media or the government. Only 17 minutes long if you've got the time. I'm quite shocked😳.
This is just insane.

I was saying when lockdown started happening how scary it was that it is so easy to manipulate the general public via the media. Probably more so now than ever before.

Reactions: 4
I live in a small town ( wells in Somerset ) and we have had 1 death to my knowledge . As for Weston hospital apparently the outbreak started in staff accommodation and previously they were putting suspected cases in the ward with other patients whilst waiting for positive test thereby infection everyone. They’ve been trying to close Weston for ages it’s a shambles
I'm from clutton not far from wells!

On the topic of Chester Zoo, if you are in Scotland. All the RZSS owned properties are asking for donations for food for the animals. Edinburgh Zoo alone needs £2000 a day so roughly £60,000 a month alone. It is heartbreaking to see and so many of the animals can't be released to the wild.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
On the topic of Chester Zoo, if you are in Scotland. All the RZSS owned properties are asking for donations for food for the animals. Edinburgh Zoo alone needs £2000 a day so roughly £60,000 a month alone. It is heartbreaking to see and so many of the animals can't be released to the wild.
It's awful. London Zoo are struggling too. You can't release an animal born and bred in a zoo back to the wild. No idea what will happen to these poor animals

• Sad
My mum works as a cleaner at a hospital and had her test back to say they have detected antibodies which looks like at some point she has had it. She is not in a good place today shes struggling with the concept that she could have unwittingly given it to someone as has worked throughout (never had any symptoms). Has anyone else had the antibody test yet x

• Sad
Reactions: 8
My mum works as a cleaner at a hospital and had her test back to say they have detected antibodies which looks like at some point she has had it. She is not in a good place today shes struggling with the concept that she could have unwittingly given it to someone as has worked throughout (never had any symptoms). Has anyone else had the antibody test yet x
My mum is also a hospital cleaner and she had her test on Monday so should get the results soon. We were all poorly dec/jan as a family with coughs and tiredness which lasted weeks and which we all put down to winter chest infections etc so it will be so interesting to see her result. I’d love to get tested once it’s rolled out wider.

Reactions: 3
That video seems to be latching onto things in a very uninformed way. Of course the lockdown measures use behavioural science as a foundation, so does basically everything. They even said at the start when the public were crying out for harsher restrictions to be brought in that they were basing their timing of lockdown on behavioural science because the modelling shows people will only abide by strict lockdowns for so long.

Also seems totally irrelevant to complain there is no humanity or compassion in a scientific document. That isn't what the topic was about, have these people ever read a scientific paper before??

Edit - Just got to the end of the video. So the takeaway is Boris is lying to the public about a mild, winter virus, lying about deaths and using it to control people. Right... so what about Italy? The US? Spain?
Somehow the gov are simultaneously lying about a virus which is actually no big deal but also murdering the elderly? How can both those things be true at the same time? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
My mum is also a hospital cleaner and she had her test on Monday so should get the results soon. We were all poorly dec/jan as a family with coughs and tiredness which lasted weeks and which we all put down to winter chest infections etc so it will be so interesting to see her result. I’d love to get tested once it’s rolled out wider.
Yeah me too I'll definitely be getting it asap. Seems to be so many people suffered throughout the winter definitely makes you wonder how many have already had it x

Reactions: 2
It's awful. London Zoo are struggling too. You can't release an animal born and bred in a zoo back to the wild. No idea what will happen to these poor animals
I love London Zoo, is is such a lovely day out. They have been so successful at helping animals too.

I hope they try and re- home them ,what a crime if they had to put them to sleep🤬

• Sad
I haven't even thought of the zoos in all this 😭

London Zoo relies so much on international tourists.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Yeah me too I'll definitely be getting it asap. Seems to be so many people suffered throughout the winter definitely makes you wonder how many have already had it x
I work as a nurse In an intensive care and have looked after majority covid patients for the last few months, was unwell in March, had the antibody test the other day and came back negative. Almost all of my colleagues have also l, we are all quite surprised with working in such a high risk area that more haven’t developed some antibodys

That video seems to be latching onto things in a very uninformed way. Of course the lockdown measures use behavioural science as a foundation, so does basically everything. They even said at the start when the public were crying out for harsher restrictions to be brought in that they were basing their timing of lockdown on behavioural science because the modelling shows people will only abide by strict lockdowns for so long.

Also seems totally irrelevant to complain there is no humanity or compassion in a scientific document. That isn't what the topic was about, have these people ever read a scientific paper before??

Edit - Just got to the end of the video. So the takeaway is Boris is lying to the public about a mild, winter virus, lying about deaths and using it to control people. Right... so what about Italy? The US? Spain?
Somehow the gov are simultaneously lying about a virus which is actually no big deal but also murdering the elderly? How can both those things be true at the same time? :rolleyes:
A load of shite. What about Canada too? That would mean all of the governments were in on it which is nonsense.

Still waiting to even hear anything about us getting one. No mention at all of it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.