Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My dad caught Covid in the hospital. He had cancer and was going to have treatment for it but the Covid robbed him of the chance.
He died yesterday and his death has now become another statistic.
I feel so cheated. I feel so angry. Why did he have to go?
So sorry for your loss 💞

Reactions: 2
Ended up at my doctors surgery this morning. Had a panic attack on the way there as apart from 2 short walks I've not left the house in 11 weeks and not gone into a public building. Have to say though that they were great and I felt so safe and well looked after. Was given a mask upon entering and was the only patient there.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Ended up at my doctors surgery this morning. Had a panic attack on the way there as apart from 2 short walks I've not left the house in 11 weeks and not gone into a public building. Have to say though that they were great and I felt so safe and well looked after. Was given a mask upon entering and was the only patient there.
Well done!! Great progress. Just keep doing those little walks xx

Reactions: 6
I’m SW and I don’t think we are badly hit, I wonder if it’s to do with population v cases or something. The Weston closing seems a bit Bizarre because didn’t they have the a&e close down ages ago and any Somerset residents need to go to southmead?

I’ve also had employees driving around Europe since this happened and many report bars and everything have been open for a while in Spain. They’ve been booking air b&b’s to stay in fine.
I live in a small town ( wells in Somerset ) and we have had 1 death to my knowledge . As for Weston hospital apparently the outbreak started in staff accommodation and previously they were putting suspected cases in the ward with other patients whilst waiting for positive test thereby infection everyone. They’ve been trying to close Weston for ages it’s a shambles

Reactions: 4
I’ve got to the point that the world just doesn’t seem real anymore. I can’t believe all of this is happening. I never would have imagined living through anything like this and I’m so desperate to remember what life was like before. I honestly can’t imagine going to a night club or a bar now without worrying about it (I’m only in my early 20s so would usually be out every weekend!). I feel like so much time has just been robbed from me and I’m finding it so hard to get my head around.
Oh bless you. I really hope that by next summer things are a bit more normal and you do all those wonderful carefree things that I was doing 10 years ago.

One minute I'm thinking 'oh god were gonna have to maybe with covid forever... Well end up with herd immunity are lots and lots more deaths' and 10mins later Im thinking 'China are apparently close to a vaccine... Europe is opening up restaurants and bars and are allowing tourists in the summer... Plus there wasn't a spike after VE day as I predicted so maybe we are over the worst of it...

But what if there's a spike in the winter??!! Arrrrghhhhhh.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have been shielding for weeks now and still don’t really feel safe enough to start seeing the outside world. My boyfriend, who I have been with for three years and living together for 2.5 years, has been doing his best to keep me safe and has been running errands for us regularly. I have been furloughed but he is still working from home. He very kindly bought me an iPad to keep me entertained. I think that he is starting to get fed up of being cooped up at home. He, like everyone, is missing his family and friends. We don’t live near either of our families, so meeting up outside is not an option sadly. He has been to play golf with his friend once.

He has begun taking his work stress out on me. His office space during this time is in between our bedroom and en suite. It’s realistically the only space that we had to build a desk in. He is quite senior at his company and has been doing 7:30 to 18:00 most days. He snaps at me a lot and calls me lazy because I’m not working, which was out of my control. I am revising and preparing for my finance exams at the moment and cooking and preparing lunch and dinner for him 5 days out of 7. I’m trying new recipes for variety and he seems appreciative of this, but that is really as far as his kindness goes at the moment. Most of the time he treats me as though I am in the way - he even takes issue with me walking behind him whilst he is on a video call with work. I can offer him a drink whilst he is working and he snaps at me. He’s started smoking weed every night to cope with his work stress so when I do get to spend time with him in the evenings, he isn’t really himself. He’s a giggly, sillier version, which the first few times were fine, but it has now been every day for 2 weeks. It’s really upsetting and I suggested that he ask his work if he could work from the office because nobody else is there and the internet connection is better. I just really feel like we need some space. I hate hearing him be nice to everyone else on the phone, whether that be work contacts or family and friends and comparing that with the way he speaks to me. I’ve told him that I feel unappreciated and he doesn’t seem to acknowledge that there is a problem. 🙁

I needed to vent because as strong as I am mentally with dealing with lockdown itself, my relationship is now starting to suffer and I feel very conflicted. 🙁
Sorry to hear this, I hope things get better soon. If it’s any consolation my husband can be a prick whilst working on my days off. He’s senior too and gets into this little zone with his work chums and team and then can treat me and the kids like an inconvenience. It does bother me sometimes but now I just ignore him whilst he’s working and even when he comes down to see us I try to keep out of his way and pretend he’s not there, minimal talk etc. He soon comes grovelling 😅

in the evenings we plan our time so that we’re getting alone time, I’ll go for a bath or he will go upstairs and watch Netflix etc then a couple of times a week / weekend we’ll watch TV together and have a cuddle. It is hard being suffocated by another person constantly but ways to work around it. Also would put my foot down about him smoking weed, I personally wouldn’t want to be with someone who did that.

Reactions: 5
Just read that our local zoo has been told to stay closed indefinitely and it's made me feel a bit weepy, sometimes it feels as if we will never go back to normal.
I don't care about going to primark or pissing ikea, I just wanted to be able to take my kids out to the place they love best.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Just read that our local zoo has been told to stay closed indefinitely and it's made me feel a bit weepy, sometimes it feels as if we will never go back to normal.
I don't care about going to primark or pissing ikea, I just wanted to be able to take my kids out to the place they love best.
Is this Chester Zoo??

We had a family membership there for my whole childhood. It broke my heart seeing that post and the amount of debt they are in. It is such a massive space and visitor numbers could easily be controlled. Markings could be put round the edge of each enclosure to show you where to stand to ensure social distancing. There’s no need for it to stay closed😭😭

Also, just to add the fact that a few miles down the road Cheshire Oaks will no doubt be full to its brim come next week!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I’ve just read about Chester Zoo. One of my favourite places to go as a child (and now!) and it breaks my heart to think my little boy may never visit.

This shouldn’t be happening. It’s not fair.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I’ve been reading this, and there must be more to this story.

Reactions: 3
Ive just realised in a sweat shop far far away, there are probably some 13 year old kids making bleeping Donald Duck & Co face masks to sell in store as soon as they open.

depressing thought.

also realised I’m out of coffee.
Not related.
That's a good point ! will those poor people that supply these chains be forced back to work in cramped conditions, with no thought for their safety . While it will be good in financial terms, it could be detrimental in terms of the virus /death rate in their country.

Reactions: 1
Is this Chester Zoo??

We had a family membership there for my whole childhood. It broke my heart seeing that post and the amount of debt they are in. It is such a massive space and visitor numbers could easily be controlled. Markings could be put round the edge of each enclosure to show you where to stand to ensure social distancing. There’s no need for it to stay closed😭😭

Also, just to add the fact that a few miles down the road Cheshire Oaks will no doubt be full to its brim come next week!
Yes!
We're the same, I've been going since I was a child and I love taking my kids. They've already said they can be ready to open in a matter of days and can easily social distance, it's just awful :cry:

Cheshire Oaks is going to be a bloody nightmare, the walkways are tiny!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Now they're saying Ibuprofen could be used as a treatment for the virus after telling people to avoid it 😑

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Yes!
We're the same, I've been going since I was a child and I love taking my kids. They've already said they can be ready to open in a matter of days and can easily social distance, it's just awful :cry:

Cheshire Oaks is going to be a bloody nightmare, the walkways are tiny!
So upsetting to see. It’s the most amazing place and the work they do is vital! It’d be easier to socially distance there than it would a beach or a park... just don’t open the restaurants and control numbers going into the inside enclosures!

I don’t know how it will work at the oaks in terms of queues outside the shops. If they queue to the side they’ll block off the next shop but if they go backwards then they’re on the car park! Add in the maccies traffic and it’ll be a nightmare! My cousin in law is one of the managers of Nike and he’s been in for the last 2 weeks every day trying to get the store ready but he said it’s just going to be impossible.

They haven't specifically made sex illegal though they are just making the 6 people outside and no two households inside thing legal I'm guessing because they are expecting people to start taking the piss now things are lifting ?
Isnt the law something like 'two people cant do any activity inside the house of another person and cant stay overnight' so not specifically but it sounds as if too many people have been going from one house to another and staying over for whatever reason. This is an additional change in the actual legislation, not just the guidelines.

Chester Zoo holds such a special place in our hearts. It's somewhere I visited frequently as a child and we now take our own children every summer. We actually have pictures of our two sat on the big elephant statue each years and we love seeing how much they've grown over the years.
Think it's disgusting that I can go to Primark but might never be able to visit Chester Zoo again.
What about themeparks too? Surely the same must apply to them?

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Isnt the law something like 'two people cant do any activity inside the house of another person and cant stay overnight' so not specifically but it sounds as if too many people have been going from one house to another and staying over for whatever reason. This is an additional change in the actual legislation, not just the guidelines.
What about sex outdoors ? you'd only be breaking one law then ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So I've just been to McDonalds. We was passing 🙄 I panicked and/or got too excited and ordered my daughter 20 chicken nuggets. Shes "5 and 99%" in her words. Wtf is wrong with me.

Anyway going in wasnt too bad, maybe a 20 minute wait. Coming out was horrendous, the que going in was backed all the way down to the roundabout causing it to become grid locked, it's a massive one linking 3 dual cartridge ways together. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.