Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's really so confusing when local media say we going to have 2nd peak and we have a empty nightingale hospital.

South West seems so busy even local carboots starting up again.

Today's local news Cheltenham a and e shutting sending people Gloucester then we have Weston shut sending people bristol or Taunton.

Gloucestershire and north Somerset seem have highest cases in South West.

But down in Cornwall they how worried.

Devon and Cornwall have lots of 2nd homes
Popular day trip and holiday spot
I’m SW and I don’t think we are badly hit, I wonder if it’s to do with population v cases or something. The Weston closing seems a bit Bizarre because didn’t they have the a&e close down ages ago and any Somerset residents need to go to southmead?

I’ve also had employees driving around Europe since this happened and many report bars and everything have been open for a while in Spain. They’ve been booking air b&b’s to stay in fine.

Reactions: 2
I have a question...do you think when the non essential shops (I know people have been shopping online) open you will go back to spending like before or have you changed your ways? I can just imagine the queue for Primark when it opens full of the younger generation to spend their money. Also I went to a couple of shops yesterday that wasn't a supermarket and I must say it was like being let loose and it was only Boots and Poundland :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I have a question...do you think when the non essential shops (I know people have been shopping online) open you will go back to spending like before or have you changed your ways? I can just imagine the queue for Primark when it opens full of the younger generation to spend their money. Also I went to a couple of shops yesterday that wasn't a supermarket and I must say it was like being let loose and it was only Boots and Poundland :LOL:
I like to think that I will contemplate purchases a bit harder and prioritise saving. I think that the loss of jobs and incomes has really shown how important it is to save even just a little bit if and when you can. Sadly I know many can’t afford to save but for me it’s highlighted that some of my purchases are unnecessary and the money would be better off going into savings.

Reactions: 11
Personally... i already had the 17th-19th booked off so i will be utilising this time by spending all my money. I have already planned the ikea trip. By 20th I'll be bankrupt 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have no desire to go shopping, it used to be my pastime.

I think younger people (I’m 30) have become a custom to online shopping and will continue to use places like ASOS, pretty little things etc. I also think people have realised how little they need to go shopping or things.

I hope for the sake of the high street people do go back and when I’ve nipped into town it has been somewhat busy but our parking charges have been suspended and are due back on the 8th, that’s a bug bare around here!

Reactions: 5
I went on the TUI dreamliner to the DomRep for our honeymoon and was so looking forward to the free booze, but to be honest by the time they do that, then food, then duty free, before another drinks run, you don't get as much as you'd hope!
You need to order 3 drinks at a time and press the bell for more in-between 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 3
i thought the last thing I wanted to do was go to McDonald’s or have sex with a stranger.

now primark has been mentioned the last thing I want to do is wade through static Disney tat in primark 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
For me, it's made me realise I waste SO much money on things like buying my lunch from the shop before work. When really if I wasn't so lazy, I'd save a fortune. I have definitely made changes, I have managed to save £££ which would have been frittered before. I admit I do look online, feel tempted but then just can't follow through with clicking pay..so hopefully I will be able to continue this into the future.

Reactions: 7
For me, it's made me realise I waste SO much money on things like buying my lunch from the shop before work. When really if I wasn't so lazy, I'd save a fortune. I have definitely made changes, I have managed to save £££ which would have been frittered before. I admit I do look online, feel tempted but then just can't follow through with clicking pay..so hopefully I will be able to continue this into the future.
Same here. I have managed to put (even on a low income furloughed wages) enough in my savings since March to completely pay off my credit card. Keeping it in savings for now incase I need the cash.

Also interesting how my kids demands have lessened a lot. For example, we can go out for walks now without HAVING to stop for a drink and cake at a cafe (easily £15-20 for a family of 4 for a few drinks and some cake), they also have not once talked about their swimming lessons which were setting me back £60 a month so I have cancelled those and we will just go for fun swims instead. They also haven't mentioned their cub group or dance lessons but I may keep those going for a while afterwards and see how they do.

But mostly, I spent so much money on lunches and clothes I don't need.

Husbands work just emailed. He's not back at work until 1st September at the earliest 😬

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
My dad caught Covid in the hospital. He had cancer and was going to have treatment for it but the Covid robbed him of the chance.
He died yesterday and his death has now become another statistic.
I feel so cheated. I feel so angry. Why did he have to go?
I’m sorry to read this too, that is awful. Sending condolences.

Also sending out love to those who have lost loved ones or who are currently fighting this virus ❤❤

When do we think we'll be able to say we've 'beaten the virus' as in when will it be safe to hug loved ones?

I've been so fortunate to WFH since just lockdown when my school closed. I'm high risk (not sheilding the list below those people) & have been v careful when shopping wearing a mask.... the thought of returning to some sort of normal ity is really scaring me.

I may have to send me 2 YO to nursery if I have to return back to school (secondary, rota) and I'm just so scared.

Husband said when the numbers drop back down to like 10-20 deaths he'll feel more confident to hug relatives etc...

Sorry if I'm not making sense.- I suppose I'm asking the stupid, pointless question that nobody knows the answer to -- when will this be over??!!!
Sharing this again incase it was missed and I posted it in the wee hours and another person has since posted that they feel confused and like nothing is making sense - which is exactly how i feel!

Sharing this again incase it was missed and I posted it in the wee hours and another person has since posted that they feel confused and like nothing is making sense - which is exactly how i feel!
Yes I go through phases when I just sit and think ‘is this actually reality?!’

A proper hug from mum or my bf would solve so much right now. I live with my little boy but feel so lonely right now.

Reactions: 4
I’ve got to the point that the world just doesn’t seem real anymore. I can’t believe all of this is happening. I never would have imagined living through anything like this and I’m so desperate to remember what life was like before. I honestly can’t imagine going to a night club or a bar now without worrying about it (I’m only in my early 20s so would usually be out every weekend!). I feel like so much time has just been robbed from me and I’m finding it so hard to get my head around.

• Sad
Husbands work just emailed. He's not back at work until 1st September at the earliest 😬
If there's going to be a spike I think we'll see it before September,but then if it's going to be a seasonal thing the autumn will be hard to work around .Either way they'll be keeping a closer eye on things and hopefully put measures in place sooner if they're needed.

now primark has been mentioned the last thing I want to do is wade through static Disney tat in primark 😂
Ive just realised in a sweat shop far far away, there are probably some 13 year old kids making bleeping Donald Duck & Co face masks to sell in store as soon as they open.

depressing thought.

also realised I’m out of coffee.
Not related.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I have been shielding for weeks now and still don’t really feel safe enough to start seeing the outside world. My boyfriend, who I have been with for three years and living together for 2.5 years, has been doing his best to keep me safe and has been running errands for us regularly. I have been furloughed but he is still working from home. He very kindly bought me an iPad to keep me entertained. I think that he is starting to get fed up of being cooped up at home. He, like everyone, is missing his family and friends. We don’t live near either of our families, so meeting up outside is not an option sadly. He has been to play golf with his friend once.

He has begun taking his work stress out on me. His office space during this time is in between our bedroom and en suite. It’s realistically the only space that we had to build a desk in. He is quite senior at his company and has been doing 7:30 to 18:00 most days. He snaps at me a lot and calls me lazy because I’m not working, which was out of my control. I am revising and preparing for my finance exams at the moment and cooking and preparing lunch and dinner for him 5 days out of 7. I’m trying new recipes for variety and he seems appreciative of this, but that is really as far as his kindness goes at the moment. Most of the time he treats me as though I am in the way - he even takes issue with me walking behind him whilst he is on a video call with work. I can offer him a drink whilst he is working and he snaps at me. He’s started smoking weed every night to cope with his work stress so when I do get to spend time with him in the evenings, he isn’t really himself. He’s a giggly, sillier version, which the first few times were fine, but it has now been every day for 2 weeks. It’s really upsetting and I suggested that he ask his work if he could work from the office because nobody else is there and the internet connection is better. I just really feel like we need some space. I hate hearing him be nice to everyone else on the phone, whether that be work contacts or family and friends and comparing that with the way he speaks to me. I’ve told him that I feel unappreciated and he doesn’t seem to acknowledge that there is a problem. 🙁

I needed to vent because as strong as I am mentally with dealing with lockdown itself, my relationship is now starting to suffer and I feel very conflicted. 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I have been shielding for weeks now and still don’t really feel safe enough to start seeing the outside world. My boyfriend, who I have been with for three years and living together for 2.5 years, has been doing his best to keep me safe and has been running errands for us regularly. I have been furloughed but he is still working from home. He very kindly bought me an iPad to keep me entertained. I think that he is starting to get fed up of being cooped up at home. He, like everyone, is missing his family and friends. We don’t live near either of our families, so meeting up outside is not an option sadly. He has been to play golf with his friend once.

He has begun taking his work stress out on me. His office space during this time is in between our bedroom and en suite. It’s realistically the only space that we had to build a desk in. He is quite senior at his company and has been doing 7:30 to 18:00 most days. He snaps at me a lot and calls me lazy because I’m not working, which was out of my control. I am revising and preparing for my finance exams at the moment and cooking and preparing lunch and dinner for him 5 days out of 7. I’m trying new recipes for variety and he seems appreciative of this, but that is really as far as his kindness goes at the moment. Most of the time he treats me as though I am in the way - he even takes issue with me walking behind him whilst he is on a video call with work. I can offer him a drink whilst he is working and he snaps at me. He’s started smoking weed every night to cope with his work stress so when I do get to spend time with him in the evenings, he isn’t really himself. He’s a giggly, sillier version, which the first few times were fine, but it has now been every day for 2 weeks. It’s really upsetting and I suggested that he ask his work if he could work from the office because nobody else is there and the internet connection is better. I just really feel like we need some space. I hate hearing him be nice to everyone else on the phone, whether that be work contacts or family and friends and comparing that with the way he speaks to me. I’ve told him that I feel unappreciated and he doesn’t seem to acknowledge that there is a problem. 🙁

I needed to vent because as strong as I am mentally with dealing with lockdown itself, my relationship is now starting to suffer and I feel very conflicted. 🙁
This sounds so hard, i hope things improve for you soon.

I have worked through this and so has my husband but I can imagine if he were not working, I might resent him a bit despite it not being his fault. It sounds like you are trying to ease the pressure as much as you can though so it's a tricky one.

His behaviour is unacceptable though and you need to make sure he realises that and set boundaries. Particularly with the drug use.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.