Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That video seems to be latching onto things in a very uninformed way. Of course the lockdown measures use behavioural science as a foundation, so does basically everything. They even said at the start when the public were crying out for harsher restrictions to be brought in that they were basing their timing of lockdown on behavioural science because the modelling shows people will only abide by strict lockdowns for so long.

Also seems totally irrelevant to complain there is no humanity or compassion in a scientific document. That isn't what the topic was about, have these people ever read a scientific paper before??

Edit - Just got to the end of the video. So the takeaway is Boris is lying to the public about a mild, winter virus, lying about deaths and using it to control people. Right... so what about Italy? The US? Spain?
Somehow the gov are simultaneously lying about a virus which is actually no big deal but also murdering the elderly? How can both those things be true at the same time? :rolleyes:
Well there's certainly something not right ,I've never seen a road with so many turns.One day it's not safe to go outside the nxt it is, even the scientific advisers are split .They need to tell people the truth whatever it is, if they've over reacted and bankrupted the country so be it .On the other hand if the virus is as bad as bad as people think why are they encouraging people gather at beaches ,parks etc.There's too much conflicting info being pushed about it's no wonder people are confused .

Boris doing the briefing tonight with Witty and Vallance
Wonder what the big news will be ?

Reactions: 6
Death toll risen by 359 today across all settings. Seems very disheartening, but when you look at the data so many of these are from more than 10 days ago.

This graph shows the descent easier, however it is at a plateu now and I wish it would go down to zero!!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I believe so. Don't think there's any major news or announcement though. Just seems strange to have the 3 of them doing it tonight
I’m hoping for more info on schools re opening for additional year groups , although I don’t think it will be that .

Reactions: 1
Death toll risen by 359 today across all settings. Seems very disheartening, but when you look at the data so many of these are from more than 10 days ago.

This graph shows the descent easier, however it is at a plateu now and I wish it would go down to zero!!

Jenny Harries said that a plateau is very concerning. Not liking the look of this one bit

Reactions: 7
Can you give a summary of the main points as I've kids screaming so can't hear what's said
Basically how the government told the media to keep the public frightened so they'd comply.
I believe so. Don't think there's any major news or announcement though. Just seems strange to have the 3 of them doing it tonight
Apparently Boris has to appear at least once a week now🤣
20200603_162557.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think we will just plateu for ages, they will keep opening things up but let it settle at this pattern. They can't go back into lockdown now I think people would riot! (More than they are at the moment)

Oh you can all piss off with your McDonald’s 😂 none here are open!
Keep watching as I think they will all be open by tomorrow. I am gonna wait a few weeks though...can't be arsed with the long queues.

I wish this was reported on properly, it’s far better news than the press like to report.

My daughters in Y1 and still havnt had any information regaurding her return.
Our school went back yesterday in the agreed years, Rec, year 1 and year 6 . Feedback has been very positive. My daughter is year 4, Would be lovely for all those that want to go back to be able too, even if only for a few weeks before end of summer term. Other daughter is senior, that’s not going to happen until September.

• Heart
I work as a nurse In an intensive care and have looked after majority covid patients for the last few months, was unwell in March, had the antibody test the other day and came back negative. Almost all of my colleagues have also l, we are all quite surprised with working in such a high risk area that more haven’t developed some antibodys
I guess that’s a positive sign that the PPE is effective. But yes surprised there wouldn’t be a higher rate tested positive.

He was very flustered in parliament earlier I believe 😂
Well I hope he's calmed himself down now otherwise he'll be off on one of his rants on the briefing🙄. I expect he'll just bumble along like he normally does.

Well there's certainly something not right ,I've never seen a road with so many turns.One day it's not safe to go outside the nxt it is, even the scientific advisers are split .They need to tell people the truth whatever it is, if they've over reacted and bankrupted the country so be it .On the other hand if the virus is as bad as bad as people think why are they encouraging people gather at beaches ,parks etc.There's too much conflicting info being pushed about it's no wonder people are confused .

Wonder what the big news will be ?
When was it ever said it was not safe to go outside, then it was said that it was?
It was always about protecting the nhs, which means for the vast majority of people the virus is no big deal at all but it is so contagious and affects just enough people badly that if it ran wild and everyone got infected at once it would overwhelm the healthcare system and cause people not only to die from lack of treatment from the virus but many other illness.
Advising people not to go out unnecessarily when the virus is still having exponential growth, in order to flatten the curve and then allowing people to go out in restricted and limited ways after the peak is not a U turn. The lockdown was obviously never going to be permanent, a version of normality needs to return at some point.

Reactions: 2
Jenny Harries said that a plateau is very concerning. Not liking the look of this one bit
It probably means that we are easing restrictions too soon or not complying enough.

Personally, as morbid as it sounds, I am waiting for the various beaches around the country to become the “new Cheltenham” in terms of how many new cases they produce. Those photographs from Bournemouth and Cornwall were shocking, but how can you expect people to have common sense when the Government are encouraging us to throw caution to the wind?!

I wonder why Boris is doing the briefing. I hope he isn’t about to ease more restrictions. It all seems very quick to me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.