Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All Tui holidays now cancelled upto the 1st July. We are due to go 24th July. You can still book Tui holidays from 2nd July onwards.

Spain are apparently moving into phase 2 this week.

I don't understand how Boris has said we will be leaving 2 weeks between each phase and we've gone from 4 and getting ready to start phase 1 in 3 weeks.

Life is pretty normal here. Work is hard and emotionally and physically draining. Cried when I got home tonight 😞
Take care of yourself my youngest is returning to nursery, and I am so grateful to have childcare so I can work and she can play and have fun ☺ They’ve limited numbers to start with so only 5 in her room with two members of staff. She’s going to have a great time 😂

Reactions: 4
What are people’s thoughts on holidays abroad? A few weeks ago I thought there was 0 chance but I’m seeing Ibiza clubs etc stating that they are opening and people on social media seem convinced they are going!

Despite how quickly our government are relaxing the rules, I can’t see other countries welcoming UK residents when we have the highest death rates in Europe ??
We rebooked ours for next summer. It was booked for the end of July so thiers a chance we could have gone but we didn't feel it was right for this year, plus tui have made changes to thier all inclusives that to us didn't feel like it would be a real holiday or getting what we had paid for.

plus

Reactions: 2
What are people’s thoughts on holidays abroad? A few weeks ago I thought there was 0 chance but I’m seeing Ibiza clubs etc stating that they are opening and people on social media seem convinced they are going!

Despite how quickly our government are relaxing the rules, I can’t see other countries welcoming UK residents when we have the highest death rates in Europe ??
Changed mine for next year! Hotel plans to open again in June 2020 but the country is underreporting their deaths atm

Plus I read an outline of the hotel "reopening plans" which sound horrific for an all inclusive resort! Gloves before using all buffets, staff members doing temp checks, no coffee/tea facilities in room, no optics in the room and reduced times for using the swimming pool :sick:

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Anyone who is hoping to fly abroad this year , anyone not that concerned about airplanes due to the HEPA filters they have onboard

Reactions: 1
Changed mine for next year! Hotel plans to open again in June 2020 but the country is underreporting their deaths atm

Plus I read an outline of the hotel "reopening plans" which sound horrific for an all inclusive resort! Gloves before using all buffets, staff members doing temp checks, no coffee/tea facilities in room, no optics in the room and reduced times for using the swimming pool :sick:
Yes I don't think a package holiday will feel like fun this year. Unless they manage to lift some restrictions if the virus quickly goes.

Reactions: 2
Typical as soon as we’re allowed to see people in OUTDOOR AREAS the weather goes to tit. Was supposed to be seeing 2 friends this weekend (who live together) and another the following weekend in their gardens but it’s gonna be freezing and a bit crap to not be able to sit indoors :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Yes I don't think a package holiday will feel like fun this year. Unless they manage to lift some restrictions if the virus quickly goes.
My hotel isn’t too bad , they are in talks of allocating sun loungers to each guest and closing off all the all inclusive restaurants but I’m in a upgraded room with private pool and free mini bar so it’s not too bad x

Reactions: 3

I posted this in the last thread.
Cocobean said:
Friend of mine works for a large travel agent, and she has been taking calls for the FCO to help repatriate, find travel etc, however they told her last week that her contract will be ending tomorrow even though the calls are still relentless, so she thinks the FCO travel ban is about to get lifted, or revised in some way to allow travel, holidays and the tourism economy to start getting back to normal. She also thinks that hotels, and travel companies will be doing everything they can to ensure safety, a fairly normal holiday and the hotels will be making sure everything is top notch to ensure there is no backlash and court cases.

Newcastle airport is open apparently, although no food places or bars are open, and all the duty free is closed. (bang goes the obligatory 5am pint pic!)

It's all back to normal where I live, kids playing out on the street about 15 of them no distancing etc. Everyone has family round (in the houses). my 6 year old goes back to school on monday but she is upset that I wont let her our with all the other kids on the street to play.

• Heart
  • Sad
My hotel isn’t too bad , they are in talks of allocating sun loungers to each guest and closing off all the all inclusive restaurants but I’m in a upgraded room with private pool and free mini bar so it’s not too bad x
Howdy fellow North easterner !

When I was speaking to the travel agent this morning she said airlines and hotels are going above and beyond to make sure all is OK and we get the holiday we've paid for but it remains to be seen. Newcastle Airport is open but no shops bars or duty free. Im going to gran canaria (if it goes ahead) so will have to stock up on drink for the room if the all inclusive is a bit limited.

We dont know how bad it is til we go though. We've gotta start somewhere right?

Not having to fight for a sunbed is the dream!!

Yeah we are off to stay with family in Italy and they have a pool so not having to worry about any of those. Still lots of hoops to jump through, such as potential flight cancellation as it is a BA route from Gatwick and this 2 week quarantine.

I have a confession i went to ikea tonight. My local ikea was on the news yesterday so i was expecting it to be really busy nope i only waited 5 minutes it was quite relaxed in there got what i wanted no queues for the check outs either. :m

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Howdy fellow North easterner !

When I was speaking to the travel agent this morning she said airlines and hotels are going above and beyond to make sure all is OK and we get the holiday we've paid for but it remains to be seen. Newcastle Airport is open but no shops bars or duty free. Im going to gran canaria (if it goes ahead) so will have to stock up on drink for the room if the all inclusive is a bit limited.

We dont know how bad it is til we go though. We've gotta start somewhere right?
Ive got connecting flight through Paris so hoping they are allowing flights lol I’ve heard talks they are taking off the free complimentary booze on long haul flights to reduce aisle traffic and trips to the loo , gutted it’s my first long haul 😂

Ive got connecting flight through Paris so hoping they are allowing flights lol I’ve heard talks they are taking off the free complimentary booze on long haul flights to reduce aisle traffic and trips to the loo , gutted it’s my first long haul 😂
I went on the TUI dreamliner to the DomRep for our honeymoon and was so looking forward to the free booze, but to be honest by the time they do that, then food, then duty free, before another drinks run, you don't get as much as you'd hope!

I went on the TUI dreamliner to the DomRep for our honeymoon and was so looking forward to the free booze, but to be honest by the time they do that, then food, then duty free, before another drinks run, you don't get as much as you'd hope!
Aw nice I’m premium economy from Paris to Mexico so I hope I get some luxuries at least if they are in talks of reducing stuff 😂

Geared myself up to see my mum and dad on Saturday after 11 weeks and it's going to piss it down!

• Sad
I wouldn't be going abroad but if I did, I'd be nowhere near a club in Ibiza! However I did my best clubbing 20 years ago! Younger people seem to have taken their own risk assessments though and decided they arent at risk. Why has the government made it illegal for people from different households to have sex? It was prohibited in the first place, so there must have been enough of an issue with people maybe living alone but in relationships popping round to their boyfriend/ girlfriend/fwb house for a bit of slap and tickle. I bet poor Matt Hancock was too embarrassed to tell people not to do it so they had to make it illegal 😄
They haven't specifically made sex illegal though they are just making the 6 people outside and no two households inside thing legal I'm guessing because they are expecting people to start taking the piss now things are lifting ?

If there is no all inclusive buffet, I am out haha. I messaged my mum last night about buffets - if when restaurants reopen Harvester has no free salad bar and Toby isn't self serve I'm protesting 😂

(Jokes of course before anyone gets their knicks in a twist about how people are dying and all i care about is free salad 🤪)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
If there is no all inclusive buffet, I am out haha. I messaged my mum last night about buffets - if when restaurants reopen Harvester has no free salad bar and Toby isn't self serve I'm protesting 😂

(Jokes of course before anyone gets their knicks in a twist about how people are dying and all i care about is free salad 🤪)
Haha I’m not a fan of them anyway , not the best when it comes to food standards like

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.