Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Take care of yourself my youngest is returning to nursery, and I am so grateful to have childcare so I can work and she can play and have fun ☺ They’ve limited numbers to start with so only 5 in her room with two members of staff. She’s going to have a great time 😂
It's hard as the entire room and resources and garden equipment has to be cleaned minimum 4 times a day.

I've currently got two children who are shaking and scared and won't come for comfort because they've been told they will die if they touch someone and get their germs. This is being dealt with.

Had 6 children today, two of us in the room so we've spent the day in the garden as neither of us can facing cleaning the room 4 times. Only needed to do it before went home that way!

Still, got 10 days off in 7 weeks! That's it then till Christmas

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My daughter had her birthday this weekend, she was 18. My mum came to see her, I told her specifically if she did visit she had to stand behind our front wall and my daughter would stand at the door so it would be 3-4 metres. She said it was ok and she would do so. She turned up, slowly kept creeping further forward and at one point stood less than a metre away, then took my daughters phone off her to see photos of her cake etc. Then she announced she had a lift to ours with my brother and my sisters son was in the car also. So from 2 different households,

I have health conditions and my husband has asthma so I didn’t go to the door, I stayed back Inside and saw from the window. My husband went outside and said please stand back, she said ‘we don’t have the virus nor do they in the car’ My husband said ‘people can carry it and not know, I don’t need the risk and we’ve not left our home in 10 weeks to protect ourselves’.

I’ve been so anxious and angry but I’ve not contacted her as it won’t solve anything, my family just would lash out as they’re confrontational and I’m not at all. When my daughter and husband got inside they scrubbed their hands and phone. Im now terrified we‘re at risk. My anxiety has gone wild and on my daughters birthday I felt anxious all day but had to hide it, It reminded me why I have very little to do with my family. I asked my mum to respect my health conditions and not put us at risk, then she does this. She’s putting herself at risk and my stepfather who is diabetic.

Sorry I just needed to vent this. I’m so cross still.
Oh bless you. This sounds a bit like me. My in laws arent following the rules and it's sickening.

In some countries they only have to distance by 1m so don't worry if grandma got a bit too close. In theory for your daughter to catch covid from her she'd have to have coughed in her hand and then touched your daughter's phone with that hand.... Small chance but in really OCD and anti bac gel my bank card/phone/keys after I've done the weekly shop so know how you feel X

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My dad caught Covid in the hospital. He had cancer and was going to have treatment for it but the Covid robbed him of the chance.
He died yesterday and his death has now become another statistic.
I feel so cheated. I feel so angry. Why did he have to go?

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 61
My dad caught Covid in the hospital. He had cancer and was going to have treatment for it but the Covid robbed him of the chance.
I'm so sorry to read this. Sending you a big virtual hug. My Dad is currently in ITU with it and I hate he's one of the statistics just from that x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

My Flat White and big mac will have to wait a while till normally is restored.. whenever that will be.

Reactions: 6
I live in Cornwall and I’m terrified. We’re already seeing visitors arriving which is such an insult to our efforts so far. We do not have the infrastructure in place, particularly if foreign travel isn’t allowed and more people look to travel to the county.

Word here is if hotels aren’t allowed to open by July, financially there’ll be no point opening them until next spring. Two large hotels nearby have closed down for good already.

It continues to be lives vs the economy.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Sending my love and thoughts to those who have lost loved ones and those who are still fighting this horrible virus ❤ xx

I had a fairly "normal" day today. Went to my dads for lunch (took my own packed lunch and drink) 😂 he'd put a table and chair in the middle of the garden for me and anti bac'd it all. He didnt take the piss at all about me being over cautious and it was a lovely couple of hours.

I then called to my mums for half an hour, sat on my anti bac'd chair there too 😂

Then needed to go to the post office to post a parcel so did that.

I feel exhausted now but its been the most "normal" day in months! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Also sending out love to those who have lost loved ones or who are currently fighting this virus ❤❤

When do we think we'll be able to say we've 'beaten the virus' as in when will it be safe to hug loved ones?

I've been so fortunate to WFH since just lockdown when my school closed. I'm high risk (not sheilding the list below those people) & have been v careful when shopping wearing a mask.... the thought of returning to some sort of normal ity is really scaring me.

I may have to send me 2 YO to nursery if I have to return back to school (secondary, rota) and I'm just so scared.

Husband said when the numbers drop back down to like 10-20 deaths he'll feel more confident to hug relatives etc...

Sorry if I'm not making sense.- I suppose I'm asking the stupid, pointless question that nobody knows the answer to -- when will this be over??!!!

So deeply sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts tonight 😘

Surely America will have a huge increase in cases and deaths after all these protests and marches? I’m so confused all the time what is real anymore and what is not. I feel like I’m actually going slowly insane. I can’t make any sense of what I read or watch and everything contradicts each other. How is everyone feeling about it all at the moment?

Reactions: 11
I am so so sorry for the loss of your dad.
I totally understand how you feel.
We nearly at 40k deaths.

Ok onky caught tail end yesterday's press conference on BBC so wondering if I misinterpreted what Hancock was saying.

They have the impression. Future covid outbreaks will be small and localised.
What does that mean.
Is he downplaying the virus and giving the public false hope and maybe making them more complacent.

The other day we have dishy rishi wandering round a market no mask on paying cash.
Reminded me if that mp in the 80s that fed his daughter a burger during mad cow disease to prove a point.

Then the final part yesterday's news which outraged me and again feels part of strategy get things back to normal too quickly so that the work and send kids back to school.
This was the farcical vote about remote voting with ikea like queues and not great 2 metre distancing.
There's around 200 mps all parties being told they vunerable or their families are so been ordered to sheild .
Also you have many ordered not to use public transport.
The chambers can only hold 50 mps at 2 metres out if 650.
It's not a great day for democracy and is discriminating but it's all about showing the public look nothing be scared of.

There's school in Nottingham staff tested postive yesterday and all staff and kids sent up.
Also a b&q up wirrel that's shut as staff had covid so shut 2 days and deep clean.

I still think that's massive differences regionally within the UK.
South West and north East seem badly hit.

Reactions: 4
I still think that's massive differences regionally within the UK.
South West and north East seem badly hit.
How do SW seem badly hit though? I'm in the SW and we still have had the lowest overall hospital admissions (according to the graphs they use in the daily briefings). Our R is high but that only matters if infection numbers are also high.. eg if r is 0.9 but only 2 people have it in the county it's abit different to r is 0.5 but 5000 people have it.

Reactions: 5
The NE has a much more effective testing regime than other parts of the country so there are higher figures partly because it’s been better at testing.

How do SW seem badly hit though? I'm in the SW and we still have had the lowest overall hospital admissions (according to the graphs they use in the daily briefings). Our R is high but that only matters if infection numbers are also high.. eg if r is 0.9 but only 2 people have it in the county it's abit different to r is 0.5 but 5000 people have it.
The local paper keeps saying we high.
The r rate maybe high due to spike in cases in Weston resulting in hospital being shut.
Have freind that works 1 hospital and amount admissions and deaths have come down in terms hospital settings.
The south west does seem very busy so in confused.
I haven't seen latest regional r rates but South West was near the top last time I looked at one.

Reactions: 3
The local paper keeps saying we high.
The r rate maybe high due to spike in cases in Weston resulting in hospital being shut.
Have freind that works 1 hospital and amount admissions and deaths have come down in terms hospital settings.
The south west does seem very busy so in confused.
I haven't seen latest regional r rates but South West was near the top last time I looked at one.

Local papers can't say we are high numbers when we have the lowest overall in the country! Just scaremongering if so.The spike in weston super mare though was internal to the hospital (5 people caught it on a non covid ward), i know that means it came from somewhere but it wasn't a huge massive 100s of people spike like it's being made out.

Yes the R is higher but it's not above 1 therefore cases are still shrinking and it's still got the lowest cases around. I dunno, i wouldn't day we were badly hit. Not to say we won't be in future but when you compare with the areas who have actually been badly hit (London, New York etc) we have seen nothing.

Reactions: 7
In my county in the south west we have 400 positive cases out of 277k residents so I wouldn’t say that’s badly hit.

Reactions: 5
The spike in weston super mare though was internal to the hospital (5 people caught it on a non covid ward), i know that means it came from somewhere but it wasn't a huge massive 100s of people spike like it's being made out.

Yes the R is higher but it's not above 1 therefore cases are still shrinking and it's still got the lowest cases around. I dunno, i wouldn't day we were badly hit. Not to say we won't be in future but when you compare with the areas who have actually been badly hit (London, New York etc) we have seen nothing.
It's really so confusing when local media say we going to have 2nd peak and we have a empty nightingale hospital.

South West seems so busy even local carboots starting up again.

Today's local news Cheltenham a and e shutting sending people Gloucester then we have Weston shut sending people bristol or Taunton.

Gloucestershire and north Somerset seem have highest cases in South West.

But down in Cornwall they how worried.

Devon and Cornwall have lots of 2nd homes
Popular day trip and holiday spot

Reactions: 2
Oh bless you. This sounds a bit like me. My in laws arent following the rules and it's sickening.

In some countries they only have to distance by 1m so don't worry if grandma got a bit too close. In theory for your daughter to catch covid from her she'd have to have coughed in her hand and then touched your daughter's phone with that hand.... Small chance but in really OCD and anti bac gel my bank card/phone/keys after I've done the weekly shop so know how you feel X
Thank you, it’s so frustrating isn’t it when people just aren’t following rules and thinking of others.

xxx

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.