Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I can relate to how you feel working in this industry at this time, I feel like early years have been completely shat on during this time and schools have remained absolutely fine. I raised concerns about what you’ve explained as my mum is extremely vulnerable and I didn’t feel it was safe to go back to work yet. Their response was to lay me off in September and if during that time until then if they need me I HAVE to come in even though their fully aware of my situation. I’ve spoken to ACAS about this and they keep on asking if I’m a part of a union which I’m not however if you are take it up with them and if your not have a little google, I’m sure their like a fiver a month and would be worth having if you feel unsafe during this time! Your doing amazing during this time and the kids must adore you x

I’m sorry they are doing that to you and sorry for moaning i know I’m lucky to have my job safe. The early years are forgotten and in comparison to what I’m reading on here my workplace is not putting in as many precautions as they should. If i didn’t love my job i would of handed my notice in by now! Hope you get somewhere with your job maybe a union is the way to go xx

Petalnick

Will that be two full days a week for the schools opening back up?

I am up in Aberdeen and my son is about to start p1. We are still waiting to hear how it is going to work up here. I have also a 3 year old in nursery. Really not sure how that will work. As there is around 60 kids in at the same time.

I am in Scotland and have received a letter from the local council. Our schools will be going back 2 days per week in August and have said that due to the distancing required they can only accommodate 40-50% of the kids at the one time. I do know that it’s not just my council who have sent a very similar letter with the same plan.

Obviously as a country we are being slightly more cautious.

if you are currently furloughed I think the scheme is allowing you to go part time and your employer cover 50% of your wage and the government cover 50% to facilitate part time working.

idk2

VIP Member
I'm not sure if I can quote replies from the previous thread but Sky News reported they've extended the review to 28 days now so I'm assuming the next one will come in to affect on the 29th June.

KateESJ

VIP Member
So now it seems like they’re going to say schools CANT go back until September? What? Schools have already opened...?

Or am I missing something but that’s what I’m getting from what I’ve read...

monga

VIP Member
yes I’m a nurse, my hospital started taking samples last week, with a lot of exposure to covid still even now, very few staff on my unit have antibodys, the staff who have treated positive have had confirmed covid
You mean even staff that have had the virus don't have any antibodies?

monga

VIP Member
I genuinely have no idea, maybe?? It just makes following it so difficult. Leaves everyone feeling a bit disheartened seeing such a jump. Stupid how many times the way of reporting the figures has been changed
I think that's the new way of reporting now from June 1st .I think it's indirect deaths from covid that they've started to add into the daily figures these weren't previously counted ..

KateESJ

VIP Member
That was the initial guidance, before the 1st of June I believe. Our childminder reopened on the 1st June along with when schools were allowed to reopen. I guess childminders are allowed to do what they feel is safest for them. My youngest returns to childminder next week, but she’s got 3 others in already
Mmm maybe it changed. I know she said the guidance was kind of a relief for her as she was hesitant anyway to have other kids given that their parents are frontline.
My work might be opening on the 22nd if the rumours are correct (they’re waiting for Boris to actually give the go ahead) so I could do with knowing if she’ll be available 😖 If not and they want me to return to work idk what I’ll do 😭
I hate the uncertainty of it all

wizardora

So glad all my hair appts are pre booked for the year, so they’re still in the diary for as soon as she’s back up and running! Assuming my June appointment won’t go ahead for I have one in for end of July thank the lord!

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
My dad caught Covid in the hospital. He had cancer and was going to have treatment for it but the Covid robbed him of the chance.
He died yesterday and his death has now become another statistic.
I feel so cheated. I feel so angry. Why did he have to go?
I’m sorry to read this too, that is awful. Sending condolences.

They are talking about fast tracking opening hospitality and beauty so I think they will announce meeting in homes soon. They can't open retail and pubs but still not "allow" meetings indoors, it doesn't make sense. I think they will announce it in the next few days to be honest.
i hope so 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

monga

VIP Member
Yep but some areas have lowered restrictions (specifically Florida where my friends are) and they have sent me pics of them eating out etc. I'm really jealous 😑

Also just to add, as someone who has stuck to the lockdown rules if we end up having to have further restrictions in south west at this point I'm going to have a breakdown. If the rest of the country are allowed to be out and enjoying themselves i will be fuming at having to be stuck in my flat for even longer.

Jsut hope their sensible in that the R raising doesn't mean as much here when we have very few cases comparatively.
The NBA are finishing their season at Disney World wonder will they allow an audience ..

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
My hotel isn’t too bad , they are in talks of allocating sun loungers to each guest and closing off all the all inclusive restaurants but I’m in a upgraded room with private pool and free mini bar so it’s not too bad x
Not having to fight for a sunbed is the dream!!

Yeah we are off to stay with family in Italy and they have a pool so not having to worry about any of those. Still lots of hoops to jump through, such as potential flight cancellation as it is a BA route from Gatwick and this 2 week quarantine.

Sausageparty

Chatty Member
I am so so sorry for the loss of your dad.
I totally understand how you feel.
We nearly at 40k deaths.

Ok onky caught tail end yesterday's press conference on BBC so wondering if I misinterpreted what Hancock was saying.

They have the impression. Future covid outbreaks will be small and localised.
What does that mean.
Is he downplaying the virus and giving the public false hope and maybe making them more complacent.

The other day we have dishy rishi wandering round a market no mask on paying cash.
Reminded me if that mp in the 80s that fed his daughter a burger during mad cow disease to prove a point.

Then the final part yesterday's news which outraged me and again feels part of strategy get things back to normal too quickly so that the work and send kids back to school.
This was the farcical vote about remote voting with ikea like queues and not great 2 metre distancing.
There's around 200 mps all parties being told they vunerable or their families are so been ordered to sheild .
Also you have many ordered not to use public transport.
The chambers can only hold 50 mps at 2 metres out if 650.
It's not a great day for democracy and is discriminating but it's all about showing the public look nothing be scared of.

There's school in Nottingham staff tested postive yesterday and all staff and kids sent up.
Also a b&q up wirrel that's shut as staff had covid so shut 2 days and deep clean.

I still think that's massive differences regionally within the UK.
South West and north East seem badly hit.
We have a low number of cases in the area of the South west