Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bubble And Squeak

Has anybody read up on the inhaler vaccine they think might be ready by July? I mean I read it in the sun, was just wondering if anybody has heard or read anything about it from a more reliable source? I am such a pessimist for the reason I don’t like to hope and bank on things working and then be disappointed when they don’t happen. But now I’m reaching the end of my tether I am hoping this is true

Reactions: 1

Squarehole

VIP Member
Yes it's not consistent in our school. My youngest gets set quite a lot of work compared to the eldest. The teacher messaged saying he has seen how well the year 4's that have been in school have progressed and a few at home are struggling so would like to trail the lessons with my daughter. She is working below the expected level for her age so I'm so I'm hoping they'll help her 🤞🏼
There seems to be no consistency across our school either. Each year group is getting a different amount and style of work.

Ours schools are set to return a week earlier than they were due to in August and have been told it will be part time in school and part time at home for the whole of Scotland but each school will decide how this will look. No idea when we will get an update. 2 models suggested so far are you either get Monday , Tuesday or Thursday Friday and the school is cleaned on a Wednesday or it will be one week in school and one week at home alternating.

They are going to try and keep siblings on the same rotation. That's all the info we have so far. And no idea how long this will be in place It's going to be so hard for those expected to go back to work !!

Are the schools in England back full time ?

Jamhead

VIP Member
My six year old went back Thursday, we’ve just received a text to say a child in her class developed mild symptoms over the weekend and all children in that Bubble need to isolate until we have test results. If this happens often we may have to consider pulling her out because we can’t afford my partner to be taking days off a couple of times a week, does this mean he should come home from work now and we now have to isolate?!
Yes, i believe so. You all need to isolate until the child gets their result. If it's negative you can stop but positive you need to continue isolating for 14 days.
I hope it's a negative result 🤞🏻

Cocobean

VIP Member
Ive got connecting flight through Paris so hoping they are allowing flights lol I’ve heard talks they are taking off the free complimentary booze on long haul flights to reduce aisle traffic and trips to the loo , gutted it’s my first long haul 😂
I went on the TUI dreamliner to the DomRep for our honeymoon and was so looking forward to the free booze, but to be honest by the time they do that, then food, then duty free, before another drinks run, you don't get as much as you'd hope!

This is the saddest part of lockdown. The left picture I took the last time I went to see my cousin’s baby boy. The right picture she just sent me of him now. My whole family have missed out on so much of his first months😭
Ah I know that feeling. My youngest nephew is now 10 months, last time I saw him was middle of Feb, he was just about sitting up then and now he’s standing up and nearly walking. Best friends baby is a month younger, saw him two weeks before lockdown and he’s changed so much now 😭😭

• Sad

idk2

VIP Member
Oh cool thank you! Where do you guys get your masks from? I don’t own one
I know ASOS are selling reusable/washable masks - I got mine from there and they're doing next day delivery again as well. They sell them in packs of 2 usually and they worked out the same price as all the ones on Etsy.

Squarehole

VIP Member
Regarding the app ..
i saw a post on a work colleagues fb today regarding the app and android phones. it said its already on your phone whether you've downloaded it or not!
i had a look at my google settings and low and behold its there behind the scenes!
Not sure how i feel about this being added to my phone without my concent !
(reminds me of when U2 violated my i pad with their unwanted album download)
I don't think the app is installed ? When I go into in and click learn more I get this I think it's just available as a Google service but you still have to download it.

Attachments

wizardora

I’ve heard of some schools not expecting to be fully open at all this year!
so sad for the kids 😞

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
So how many of you are back at work?
I've been working from home on reduced hours throughout.
We're starting to bring people back into office as of the 15th June (insurance)

Sorry if this has already been discussed but does anyone think the shielding in England will be extended now that Scotland and Wales have extended theirs?
I think it will

I'm a bit iffy, all of my kids have big years ahead but i'm shielding, which has just been extended to end of July. Except my son is meant to go into his new secondary school for the first time with 10 others in his bubble and a teacher (with no learning support or help that he was meant to have as they scaled back all support at the start of this) surely if i'm shielding he can't go? - feeling super guilty and stressed and like my kids are going to be way behind, but on the other hand. I'm tempted to hide them away till next year (i think itll be around for a while yet).
I personally wouldn't send him if you're shielding, but it's a very personal decision

Last edited:

Abcd123

VIP Member
I work as a nurse In an intensive care and have looked after majority covid patients for the last few months, was unwell in March, had the antibody test the other day and came back negative. Almost all of my colleagues have also l, we are all quite surprised with working in such a high risk area that more haven’t developed some antibodys
I saw Dr Alex.( love island) do a post he's tested negative. His colleague had previously tested positive for covid but has tested negative for antibody... So seems there are so false negative antibody tests

Death toll risen by 359 today across all settings. Seems very disheartening, but when you look at the data so many of these are from more than 10 days ago.

This graph shows the descent easier, however it is at a plateu now and I wish it would go down to zero!!

I blame the coviditiots not distancing, having their family over for parties, getting close, postie's selfies together!!

My family are visit on Friday. A 300 round trip to come over for the day. Sit in the garden. Were putting up our gazebo incase it rains. It will be so hard not to cuddle them but I won't do it just incase they or we have it and are asymptomatic... Gosh I just want a cuddle though!! And so does my toddler x

When do people actually see a sense of normality returning?

like, when can we have a day shopping and go for drinks after? When can we go for a meal? When can we fly without fear of it being cancelled or book theatre tickets without the worry of it not happening.

im preparing to be queuing for a while. But I really hope we have this “new normal” by September time.
I'd say not for a good couple.of years unless a vaccine or treatment are found before then..

Completely fed up worked through at a nursery for key worker children and opened up fully on the 1st. Do not feel safe at all mixing groups up and staff swapping rooms and won’t bring more staff in to help out so we are all working arses off while half the staff are home safe on furlough. Totally disappointed in the company and feeling sorry for myself ☹ I’m still worried about getting sick i know cases are dropping but it’s still out there and feel totally unprotected
I feel for you. How come they are furloughed and you aren't? Could you split it. They have 2 weeks then you have 2 weeks on furlough then repeat?

My daughter used to go 3 day a week but not sending her now. It feels like too much of a risk still. I don't trust that the kids in her bubble haven't been mixing with family/friends and as nice as the staff are - I don't trust them either x

Also - has anybody considered paying for an antibody test? I'm a keyworker (teacher) but tempted to pay £50 to ease my mind (hoping it'll be positive and will have some form of immunity)... Could be months before they are rolled out to other keyworkers and members of the public

Last edited:

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Why does gogglebox claim they’re following social distancing guidelines every week when they’re clearly breaking the law by being in someone else’s household? It’s annoyed me every week of lockdown.
It’s for their job though?

Northeast1988

VIP Member
I went on the TUI dreamliner to the DomRep for our honeymoon and was so looking forward to the free booze, but to be honest by the time they do that, then food, then duty free, before another drinks run, you don't get as much as you'd hope!
Aw nice I’m premium economy from Paris to Mexico so I hope I get some luxuries at least if they are in talks of reducing stuff 😂

KateESJ

VIP Member
I was watching the news last night and saw that the police KILLED another BLACK man at a protest. https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/us/louisville-protests-man-shot-dead/index.html
In NYC, the police pushed a 75 yr old man to the ground and he split his head open and is in ICU.

There was also an interview with a police officer (?) in Minneapolis who encouraged excessive force and when Obama put a law against that being taught, he offered to train officers personally outside of work. It is awful. He was on the news this week.

It is fucking disgusting what is happening, these protests need to go on.
yep!
And it doesn't take away from the fact it shouldn't have happened - but the fact that these events have been caught on camera will only help the cause too as nobody can deny the issue. The video footage of that man being pushed to the ground is absolutely shocking. He was not being abusive or aggressive AT ALL. So sad to watch.
A lot of people in america (and apparently the police too) are so protective of their Second Amendment but forget that the First Amendment gives them the right to protest.

The old man being attacked is a horrible video to watch. He was just walking towards them. Senseless violence for the sake of it.

The two police officers that did it were suspended and something like 30 others protested the decision to suspend them even though they could have killed that poor man. They are no better than a gang at this point.

Also everyone I know is talking about getting McDonald’s and tbh lockdown has made me realise how rubbish they are! Don’t miss them at all!

(Until I am hammered on a night out obviously 😂)
Had to nip to the shops again before and I was SO tempted to get Mcdonalds tbh 😂 I don't like it that much either but the fries are my guilty pleasure.

Web30

VIP Member
Feels like softplay is never going to happen again. Seems like another life letting kids share ball pits doesn’t it.
They would need to be deep cleaned every hour between booked groups of kids.
As relaxed as I'm becoming those germ filled places are way down on my list of places to revisit.

I've double checked the information they've sent home and it definitely says the whole family must isolate if a child or member of staff from the bubble has symptoms. That is part of the condition of you sending your child back but it may differ from school to school/area to area.
I know when i intially read it, i thought it was a bit crazy as kids always gets sniffles and temperatures on their return to school and I'm not sure many parents could afford to keep having to take odd days off everytime a child in their childs bubble has symptoms until they get test results.
It is very clear our school do not want pupils returning en mass though, they have a very long and comprehensive list of conditions parents and pupils must meet, so i wouldn't be surprised if the isolation for the whole family is not a nationwide thing!
That's going to be a nightmare come September if it's still in place.
All the normal bugs flying round may have to be treated as covid untill a test result says otherwise. Not many work places will be happy with parents having to take time off for another kids results.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Awww ok I haven’t bothered getting the app , it’s useless for me and wouldn’t apply to me
I was using the app as an example, it’s not live yet.

Even if you have tested positive for covid, if you get symptoms or anyone you have had contact with has it you would need to isolate again.

Am I missing something, did lockdown end? View attachment 145899
As long as it’s all socially distanced the government is encouraging it.

They might as well said it’s over.

• Sad

Beckyboo85

I heard
1) no time to dispense them 2) not enough available,
plus it makes it hard for them to communicate with each other in a scuffle.

no idea how true it is, but look how they left the NHS without PPE 🤷‍♀️

I’m flabbergasted. Government advice is to wear face coverings where social distancing isn’t possible? How irresponsible but unsurprising. Feel for anyone who is expected to go and do their job without the reality of being able to refuse x

KateESJ

VIP Member
As much as I am over all the restrictions etc, I will keep wearing a mask in public as I hate to think I could unknowingly have it and pass it to somebody.
I haven’t been wearing mine, I thought I’d wait until they made it mandatory but I might start to, just to be safe. And that... I’d feel guilty too if I found out I did have it and passed it on.

Now, if I could convince my four year old to wear hers... 🤔😂