Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hobbitsies

there will be a box drawn on the floor at the front of the room and I can’t leave that box whilst teaching 😕
From a fellow teacher I empathise with how hard this is.

Oh the other hand my kids may be able that I am not ambling around the room 😂

My brother's had it and got the anti bodies but some staff are coming back no anti bodies but tested positive for covid! It's such a weird virus!
Tbf didn’t the say the antibody tests weren’t always accurate?

Reactions: 1

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I work as a nurse In an intensive care and have looked after majority covid patients for the last few months, was unwell in March, had the antibody test the other day and came back negative. Almost all of my colleagues have also l, we are all quite surprised with working in such a high risk area that more haven’t developed some antibodys
I guess that’s a positive sign that the PPE is effective. But yes surprised there wouldn’t be a higher rate tested positive.

grumpycat

VIP Member
I guess they are saying even though only 5 people here might have it they are almost all infecting another 5. Essentially i guess we are just rubbish at social distancing 😂
ah ok makes sense, thank you! Will definitely making an effort to keep out the way😂 just as we’d finally gone food shopping as a family for the first time for a sense of normality, think we picked the wrong day 😂

It is because of the spike in Weston hospital with some workers a couple of weeks ago. That's what Hancock said.
thank you, I’ll have to try and catch the briefing once kiddo is in bed! I guess in a small sum of infection a jump can affect adversely 😕

Jc456

VIP Member
I think the differnces in approach to home learning is a scandal in itself.

I got an update on Friday that my teacher has been busy doing jigsaw puzzles and going to the garden centre 🤦‍♀️ They are all (unless shielding) now back in school full time as year groups are returning on a weekly basis
Yes it's not consistent in our school. My youngest gets set quite a lot of work compared to the eldest. The teacher messaged saying he has seen how well the year 4's that have been in school have progressed and a few at home are struggling so would like to trail the lessons with my daughter. She is working below the expected level for her age so I'm so I'm hoping they'll help her 🤞🏼

• Heart

prinnygrace

VIP Member
We’ve been asked to work in the office but it’s basically been left up to us to go as little or as much as we want, so long as no more than 50% of us go in. The majority have chosen to remain working at home and our boss is kind of salty about it - I had to remind him the other day that it is against advice and guidelines 🤷🏻‍♀️
Our office is open for a max capacity of 20 people. If we need to print things (I work with highly confidential info so not allowed to use home printers at all) or if they’re struggling with their mental health we are able to go in but we are encouraged to stay home. I was hoping to be back in July, September/October seems to long away😭

Alightened

VIP Member
He was very flustered in parliament earlier I believe 😂
Well I hope he's calmed himself down now otherwise he'll be off on one of his rants on the briefing🙄. I expect he'll just bumble along like he normally does.

JLXRD

VIP Member
No - just urging people not to attend large gatherings. It’s worrying that we may have another increase in a few weeks - fingers crossed that will not be the case.
Question, because i see alot on here about how after certain events we expect an increase in a few weeks. Are they now saying it normally takes a few weeks to show? Or do you guys mean an increase in deaths in a few weeks?

I'd have thought we'd start seeing positive tests go up within the next 7 days somewhat if the protests had an effect but not sure what the average incubation period is? I know it can be up to 2 weeks but I'd have thought it's normally within a few days(literally me guessing though)

Mardyarse

How do people find out their local stats? I’m in Sheffield and can never find anything regarding up to date stats, is there a particular website people use or something?

Abcd123

VIP Member
Why does gogglebox claim they’re following social distancing guidelines every week when they’re clearly breaking the law by being in someone else’s household? It’s annoyed me every week of lockdown.
They're not breaking them. Nick Grimshaw posted about it last night and in his comments linked the website for the regulations for TV/film crews..... Did make me think I'd it's okay for them why can't my mum sit in my living room and the other end? Not seen her for months 😥

monga

VIP Member
I don't know what numbers to believe these days. The UK aren't doing well though despite what the government keep telling us
I thought that number was shocking for a 2 month period .The numbers and data are not being reported correctly according to the media so it could be nearer the 50,000 +mark in deaths, from the start of the pandemic.

monga

VIP Member
Trust me, those masks will be next to useless. As will the gloves. The virus is small enough to pass through fabric and surgical masks. Wearing a mask doesn’t mean you can crowd together with several thousand people and hope you’ll be ok. Those masks are the same mask that doctors and nurses have been saying for weeks are woefully inadequate at protecting us.
It passes through the eye's you just have to touch your eye to catch it..you need full PPE visors etc to stand a chance

wizardora

Oh i don't know then, our school are saying it has to be the whole family. Assuming they have all had contact with the child who attended school with the suspected case
I just assumed that was the ruling as they have an nhs style flow chart with it on, maybe not then?
The NHS guidance however states not the whole household (I believe) But I guess school are taking their own precautions?