Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How will it go with employers if people are randomly phoning in to say they have to isolate
Alot of work places will need to start making Covid policies especially if everything is opening up again. We have a meeting next week to discuss new procedures and what happens should we/anyone else get Covid or come in to contact with anyone with it.

Reactions: 3
Alot of work places will need to start making Covid policies especially if everything is opening up again. We have a meeting next week to discuss new procedures and what happens should we/anyone else get Covid or come in to contact with anyone with it.
Yes they will but it will put a lot of pressure on employers/employees if people are phoning in willy nilly ..

Reactions: 2
I work for the NHS but I’m on maternity leave at the moment. I’ve been offered an antibody test because I’m still staff. I feel a bit of a fraud but my manager has told me to have it done. I think they are actually struggling to fill all the numbers tbh.

Reactions: 1
Regarding the app ..
i saw a post on a work colleagues fb today regarding the app and android phones. it said its already on your phone whether you've downloaded it or not!
i had a look at my google settings and low and behold its there behind the scenes!
Not sure how i feel about this being added to my phone without my concent !
(reminds me of when U2 violated my i pad with their unwanted album download)
I don't think the app is installed ? When I go into in and click learn more I get this I think it's just available as a Google service but you still have to download it.

Attachments

Doesn’t apply to health care workers in the sense of if you come into contact with someone whose positive , we don’t isolate (we would if we develop symptoms) but not on the basis we come into contact with them
Ah this is the information I’ve been looking for! Where did you hear that? I’ve been panicking for days about potentially having to isolate every time another patient or co-worker has symptoms - seriously stressing me out!

Ah this is the information I’ve been looking for! Where did you hear that? I’ve been panicking for days about potentially having to isolate every time another patient or co-worker has symptoms - seriously stressing me out!
It was a trust email it had said because you’re either maintaining social distancing or you having full ppe on , you wouldn’t need to isolate unless you develop symptoms
A lot of government guidelines don’t apply to the patients or staff I.e self isolate for two weeks prior to procedures - our trust have said it doesn’t apply to suspected cancer patients who have to be seen within two weeks as they would breach every single time

he loved that it was quiet, no distractions, more attention from the teacher and was still able to engage in fun activities with his school friends. He wants it to stay like this
I have to admit the school run is a lot less stressful when it is this quiet. I walk to school but I have friends who drive in and you can just rock up 5 mins before pick up and get a parking space! Before you had to arrive about 45mins before pick up!

Reactions: 4
Am I missing something, did lockdown end? View attachment 145899
To be fair, that’s all activities linked to her job so yep thousands of people are travelling up and down the country for work and coming into contact with others (presumably social distancing protocols in place), just like her. Just because she’s high profile it doesn’t mean she is any different. House viewings are open to all I believe.

We won’t be, maybe elderly and shielded but we can’t go back on lockdown every time deaths get higher, we have to accept herd immunity for the younger and healthy of us
For me personally this is no life, I’m struggling massively now and I would rather take my chances (which are incredibly high)

Does anyone else agree with me that we should be put back on lock down if the death toll keeps rising?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Has anyone heard why zoo’s cant open at the along with Alton Towers etc next month? Is it due to worry in transmission to animals?

Finding it quite hard seeing my family and friends who live abroad (Spain, US) going out for dinners and having drinks outside in the evening. Just wish we were in a position to be doing these things here. Feeling so cooped up today, don't know if its due to the change of weather but July never felt so far away (when hospitality is due to start opening.)

Reactions: 7
Has anyone heard why zoo’s cant open at the along with Alton Towers etc next month? Is it due to worry in transmission to animals?
I wonder if for places like alton towers its not being able to clean the rides, seats/handles/railings inbetween use? Same possibly for zoos, i know my kids have their face right up against railings and glass when we visit zoos and aquariums. I know you would hope parents would remind children not to do those kinds of things but we all know what kids are like.
Are parks/playgrounds open yet for anyone? Our local ones are all closed still.

I wonder if for places like alton towers its not being able to clean the rides, seats/handles/railings inbetween use? Same possibly for zoos, i know my kids have their face right up against railings and glass when we visit zoos and aquariums. I know you would hope parents would remind children not to do those kinds of things but we all know what kids are like.
Are parks/playgrounds open yet for anyone? Our local ones are all closed still.
Alton Towers is planning on opening though, so they must have a regime in place (I guess following the likes of the Disney parks).

zoos in other countries have reopened?

lads it’s been over for at least a week, it really wasn’t your choice 😕

I think the protests have changed everything to do with ‘rona restrictions tbh.

Reactions: 3
Alton Towers is planning on opening though, so they must have a regime in place (I guess following the likes of the Disney parks).

All I can imagine is someone being sick a rollercoaster and it splattering all over the people behind them 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Massive spike in Iran they've entered their second wave 😐

• Sad
Reactions: 4

I think Dublin Zoo is planning to reopen..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.